Notifications
Clear all

for the people who had excision! need help!

MemberMember
(@newlife23)

Posted : 05/07/2009 9:11 pm

ok guys i have this saucer kind of scar left from excision.. quite dented... will it level with my skin after sometime??? that what was my surgeon told me and i doubt him.//// any1? help

MemberMember
(@deadliest-catch)

Posted : 05/07/2009 10:40 pm

When I first had my excision is was indented a lot then it leveled out. its going to take about a year before you'll see the final result. One thing though is mine wasn't a thin line, it turn out 1/8 inch of scar tissue across, quite bigger then expected but it looks much better when time passes (still isn't what I wanted). I hope this helps you.

MemberMember
(@sugarhigh8)

Posted : 05/08/2009 2:34 am

I had an excision last august of 08. At first it was really indented (i was soooo upset). Over the past year it has smoothed out. I'd say it should be completely flat with my skin by this august, which would be exactly one year. If I put a little makeup on it then no one would know it was there.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/13/2014 11:42 pm

If any of yall are still around I am interested if the indentations ever filled in any more, I am in the same position right now and would be SO relieved to know that I will see some improvement and start to see it fill in. My plastic surgeon said it would be level with the rest of my skin and I want to trust him but so far it just looks too indented to raise itself up.