Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rivercat

Where I messed it up...

So I was at the 1 month mark, and man things were looking great. I was very foolish and so confident I had control my acne and my skin, that I decided one day to 'cleanse' with some bullshit Clean and Clear exfoliating scrub...ugh what a bad idea. Two days later I broke out SO bad, all over my hairline leading down to my beard. Well since then, my skin hasn't gotten much better. =/

This was my skin at the one month mark...

http://www.projectsauce.com/random/acne.jpg

SO DAMN clear, it drives me crazy, can't believe I messed my skin up :[

My forehead was almost 100% clear, but right now my forehead is FULL of bumps and I don't know why or what they're from, or frankly what they are. They might even be folliculitus. I just don't know anymore. If someone could try and help me judge what it is, I'll take a picture. :X

So now I'm about 3 weeks from that bad breakout and I haven't been following the regimen correclty AT ALL. I decided to get back onto this Sunday but I just can't bring myself to do the regimen in the morning. I hate how it makes my skin look for the rest of the day. I decided to stop using the regimen AGAIN for the past two days and I've been applying cucumber slices to my face at random parts of the day, just once a day though. I know it's helping in someway, 'cause it's natural, so I'm wondering...

Do you think if I only do the regimen at night and only cleanse in the morning, that applying cucumber slices to my skin after I cleanse would be a good idea, or would it be bad since I'm using BP at night?

In my experience the Regimen can be done only at night and still have decent results. The two things that I noticed about it though:

1. It takes longer to get clear when doing only once a day

2. It is more effective if you are clear by using it twice daily, and then switching to once daily.

I'm not really sure about the cucumber slices, but I know that I was on the Regimen for a three month period and then switched down to once a day with no change at all in results.

The biggest thing that I want to stress is how important it is to be patient. I know that it's easier said that done, but it's key when doing the Regimen. The way I look at it is, I'll take a few weeks of bad skin to be clear for the months (maybe years if you stick with it) that I'll be clear. For example, I started using AHA on some of my clogged pore areas and I went from very clear to breaking out like crazy. I really wanted to just stop and discontinue use, but I stuck with it. I'm clearing once again now, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I'm out of the water with the breakouts.

Good luck with whatever you choose!