Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lamb4Life

My life is in the gutter, i have worst case of scarring EVER! help

ok. so im gonna try to make this short.

ive had acne since 14 and now im 20. i just started accutane 6 months ago and only have 2 wks left of it. YEY! or not really? thing is all this years i went without treting my acne and all the scars of so many yrs has build up. and now i feel like im deformed. thanks to accutane im controlling my acne. my face is better in that aspect at least. though i still have some acne. but thing is the scaring just like before is still there and will be there for who knows how long. im scared that since i finished accutane my acne may comeback. and though im glad ive been on accutane its very costly. 700 dollars every month for blood and pills. and yey it does hurt. but its for my acne so its worth it.

i knew my scaring was bad but yesterday i saw it and realized just how bad it was. i look deformed. many of u are here complaining about scarring or acne and many of you have NOTHING. i suffer from so many things. i have scars, MANY, some acne, weird bumps all over my face, uneven skin tone, redness, dark spots and its a mess. i really im so depressed because of it. ive seen many pics of u that have acne but thing is ur skin tone is all even and ur skin is good you just have some scars. my skin is anything but even. the forehead specially just looks like the surface of a rocky ground. i need help i dont know what to do. my skin looks like its in layers if you would had been the one looking in the mirros yesterday i dont know how you can continue with life.

im sorry for being bitter but many of u have it easy. most are just overly dramatic trust me IM NOT. the pics that i took didnt even capture what i saw. my skin looks shiny, there bumps, its like in layers, and is not my skin color theres so much going on. seriously.

I HAVE LIKE 0 SOCIAL LIFE. I HAVE NO SELF CONFIDENCE. it hurst too look in the mirror. i dropped out of college. i work in a job wheres theres horrible pay and i dont like it but i do it cause theres usually no people. so its all by myself. I AM LONELY! im depressed most of the days. my fav past time is the movies. but i havent gone in a long time cause my local theater has those overhead bright yellow lights, the ones im afraid where u can see how meesed up my scaring is. I PRETTY MUCH DONT GO OUT! i dont know what to do. LIGHTING SCARES ME. in some plsces i can managed but yesterday for example WAS A NIGHTMARE! im always trying to be in places with low lighting or lighting that is somewhat ok for me. but otherwise the amount of worriedness i put on lighting is making me crazy. MY FACE IS MAKING ME CRAZY!

heres a nasty pic of how my forehead kinda looks though its worse in real life. btw i have dark spots, holes, deep scarring, icepick i think, and like a whole lot of really REALLY white scars. and redness. can u all tell me excathly what scars i have?

I also im about to finish accutane and want to get fraxel like ASAP! thing is that doctor said in 1 yr and called some places and they said a yr. then one told me that he will do it after two wks of me finishing accutane. many of u will say wait a year! I CANNOT WAIT A YEAR! do u know if its really dangerous, why? someone talk about fraxel i need to get it. im gonna die if i dont. and i can not wait a year.

the pics dont really capture the discoloration or much. first pic is extra is good lignight plus a camara that hides it a bit. still u can see all the white scracthes and scars so yeah. no good..

post-83005-1241726272_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726311_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726329_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726365_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241795707_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726272_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726311_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726329_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241726365_thumb.jpg

post-83005-1241795707_thumb.jpg

Ugh, I know how urgent and stressful acne can be, even more so when you pile the stress and side effects Accutane on top of it. Have you talked to a therapist about any of this? I was kicking myself for not talking to anyone, because I really should have, especially when I was at my lowest points.

The first thing I noticed about your skin was not actually the scarring, but how acne-free it looks. You're getting clear, and for most people, getting rid of the damn acne is the hardest part. With acne-free skin, you at least know exactly how much scarring you have to deal with, how severe it is, and where your scars are, instead of fighting the never-ending, constantly changing acne.

And scars are often quite treatable. From the pictures, your scars seem shallow enough that they can be fixed. Give your body and skin a break after Accutane (you may find that your scars start to fill in naturally), then look into treatment options. Your dermatologist may have some ideas, depending on how much you're willing to invest.

Meanwhile, I would really encourage you to place a big priority on your mental health. One of the best things you can do for your skin is to get your mind on track. You have to take comfort in the fact that people don't notice the scars as much as you do, and be patient about getting them treated, little by little. We're still very young (I just turned 21 myself), so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your lovely skin once the scars are gone.

I have to say your scarring isn't bad enough that it can't be fixed. You should be happy. I can tell right away that you will have great results from your first laser surgery. I suggest you wait at least 3 - 6 months before you can go into surgery. That way you get the best results of the laser and you body will be able to heal more properly.

I realized that my scarring looks worse while taking accutane. It may appear worse than it really is because of the thinning of the skin. And to answer your question, listen to your doctor and wait a year for fraxel if that is what he recommends. By doing it too soon you are risking more problems.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

First off, your scars aren't the worst ever, not even close man. I would probably kill someone to have the scars you have. That being said, I know it's really hard and I sympathize with you completely, but it's not as bad as you think it is. You absolutely do need to wait one year after accutane before getting any laser treatments, It's because your skin is so thin and sensitive after being on accutane for so long, that can cause complications with lasers and make things alot worse and you can really do some damage to your skin (things worse than scars). They say one year because you need time to let your skin build back up. I know that fucking sucks so bad, but it's just something you need to do bro. That doctor that said he will treat you 2 weeks after accutane is a money grubbing piece of shit and I've never even met him, he just wants your money and he don't care about you. He should have his license taken away. No real doctor would even touch your face with any laser after two weeks off of accutane.

I went through 3 courses of accutane and my scars are probably 5x worse than yours. I've had 3 laser treatments (ablative erbium yag full face on highest settings), and about 15 scars excised. I'm going for my first fraxel treatment tommorow morning. I really do think that laser resurfacing will help you out alot when the time comes. Like someone else said, your scars are mostly right at the surface and not too deep (which lasers can take care of), but you really need to give your face and body a break for awhile after coming off of accutane. The derms/docs know what they are talking about when they tell you to wait. Stay strong and be patient.

You always need to look on the bright side, dude. You have no acne. Not everyone is that lucky, if the scarring on your forehead bothers you very much, you can grow your bangs out in the front. :)

You know, there are people that are jealous of your skin. Hang in there bud. Good luck.

See? All hope is not lost. Maybe appearance isn't the entire problem. You may have some deep rooted issues that are screaming to come out. The scars only cover the surface.

I'm really sorry... but I don't know what you mean when you say that you have 0 social life.

If I saw you walking down the street..

I don't know. You just look like a person with high confidence. :wub:

i'm on the same boat as u r. i hate theaters because the lights really show my scarring, it's quite embarassing :wall: and i also took accutane last year and my acne is strarting to come back and its actually worse than it was before. 95% of my scars came from accutane.

i'm hoping to find a better way to treat my acne :pray:

I'm not sure what severe scarring looks like, don't really care to know, but, it may just be me, that doesn't look that bad.

Is your scarring only on the forehead? I understand that camera pics usually doesnt pick out the scars too well. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I do not really think Fraxel will give you the results you desire. CO2 im not too sure.

Nevertheless, it doesnt look too bad in the pic and if its only confined to your forehead, you can hide it pretty easily should you choose to do so.

you have to be happy with your face and obviously you know that its not the way you want it.....before opting for any laser, get a series of 10 chemical peels to clear away things before you start the laser........ laser in combination with chemical peels does good.......... which country are you from? il try and reccomend some good people to see

hey its me. i apreciate yall nice comments. it makes me feel a bit better. but you are all not seeing what i see. most of my scaring is in the forehead. but i also have in my nose, chin, and like the cheek area next to the nose. i mean lighting does a great deal when it comes to scars. for example if a bright light, like the sun, hits my face from the right side of my face. i look horrible. you can see every deep scar, every hole, every scracth. so the pics like i said dont really capture what i have. and in my chin i have some really big hole like scars. its not good. and yes i do have a lot of problems but its all because of this. ugh! it really sucks. and the fact i cant do much about it now. and another thing you cant really see how discolored and red my face is. it just doenst capture it. as for waiting for fraxel or whatever i dont know if i can. its truly that bad. someone mention how fraxel may not be the best. does any1 else have any other ideas i should look forward too? and chemical peels i use to get them long ago. though cause im on accutane i dont think doctor will let me get them. so ill prob have to go somewhere else. and yeah they do clean up ur face good. lol.

another thing i forgot to mention do you what this is. like from time to time i get really hot. my face does. and it just feels really hot and my face gets extremely red. its not cause im blushing or anything. my whole face gets read. and i suffer from something horrible. for example i cant laugh too hard, or smile too hard, or when i eat the area around my mouth gets extremely red. why is that? nor mal people dont have that. my face gets really red everytime itdoes something. you get it? its really hard to explain.

and shorty im in usa, new jersey specifically.

once again thanks guys for the suppport but the pics fail to capture any of it. and new dae i wish i had the confidence u see. lol.

You have pictures in various lightings and still I say you have minimal scarring. It is nowhere in any stretch of the imagination the worst case of scarring ever. No way, not even close.

The flushing sounds like a precursor to rosacea or rosacea itself. Check with your doctor on the flushing. Describe when/where/how much the flushing happens, the feeling of heat you get when you flush, and if other substances trigger it or not.

Ok things probably always look to you. But I have to say, this kind of thing is one of the reasons why I post less here. I read people sotries about oh my life is tragic, I have the worst, then they post a picture of themselves and i'm like WHAT....THE FUCK there's nothing there!! It kind of makes me feel insulted.

You are really not that bad! your cheeks look so clear to me, your skin is even tone do you know how much I would kill for just a fraction of that. Yes your forehead is bumpier than the rest of your face, but you're lucky that's all you have, you can hide that with hair with styles like Liam Gallagher or whatever.

Posts like this and threads like post your pics where everyone pretty much seem like models make me even more annoyed and depressed.

but reall you have no reason to be depressed.

I understand your torment, the thinking process is one a pain I know, but try to get out of your thinking, there are also tratments that you may want to look into like laser surgery which may help you with scarring, eventually it should fade.

Ugh, I know how urgent and stressful acne can be, even more so when you pile the stress and side effects Accutane on top of it. Have you talked to a therapist about any of this? I was kicking myself for not talking to anyone, because I really should have, especially when I was at my lowest points.

The first thing I noticed about your skin was not actually the scarring, but how acne-free it looks. You're getting clear, and for most people, getting rid of the damn acne is the hardest part. With acne-free skin, you at least know exactly how much scarring you have to deal with, how severe it is, and where your scars are, instead of fighting the never-ending, constantly changing acne.

And scars are often quite treatable. From the pictures, your scars seem shallow enough that they can be fixed. Give your body and skin a break after Accutane (you may find that your scars start to fill in naturally), then look into treatment options. Your dermatologist may have some ideas, depending on how much you're willing to invest.

Meanwhile, I would really encourage you to place a big priority on your mental health. One of the best things you can do for your skin is to get your mind on track. You have to take comfort in the fact that people don't notice the scars as much as you do, and be patient about getting them treated, little by little. We're still very young (I just turned 21 myself), so you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your lovely skin once the scars are gone.

^^excellent post, totally agree.

My advice: Get a good therapist! It sounds like you have underlying anxiety issues that are blowing your skin problems out of proportion for you. Your skin is not perfect, but you are NOT deformed, far from it. You're an attractive guy. Your anxieties are preventing you from living your life.

When you're ready .... go back to school. You'll feel so much better about yourself. :wub:

Is it just on your forehead? My forehead scarring is similar to yours, I assume I probably had a similar type of acne to yours, but i had mine all over my face, and never got accutane.

Its not so bad on your forehead, I think a lot can be done on there, it seems to have even skin tone so its just a case of it not being smooth. I am sure over time treatments can help it.

All that other stuff you talked about can be worked upon? How do I know? Because I am in the same situation

I am not gay but I definitely know a good-looking guy when I see one and you are definitely good looking; don't be depressed.

As far as having no social life, I don't really either, and I work at Blockbuster Video of all places.

So know that you are not alone in that regard.

Best of Luck

wow. the responses hae been great though many of you still dont see what i see. and poup i cant believe you said that. i feel the same way. theres some people here that have nothing and it does make one really angry and upset. but your using that statement towards me which is unnaceptable. trust me i know how it feels. and i do have a serious problem, the camara fails to capture half of it. but poup you and me are in the same place cause i do believe theres many people in here that have nothing. and when we see them it makes us feels like they are mocking us. just dont feel that way towards me.

as far as a therapist goes. well for that i need money. and yes i know it will be really helpful cause i do have so many problems in my life, many of which ijust keep to myself, which is never healthy. but any money i get its towards saving for the fraxel anyways, so a therapist may have to wait.

skylos thanks for ur comment. one feels less lonely when we know theres more people facing our same issues. we are not alone. and if thats ur picture, i gotta say you are very good looking and thats coming from a gay men. ha.

so someone said something about roseca. is that something i also have? what is it and can you do anything about it?

I said:

You have pictures in various lightings and still I say you have minimal scarring. It is nowhere in any stretch of the imagination the worst case of scarring ever. No way, not even close.

The flushing sounds like a precursor to rosacea or rosacea itself. Check with your doctor on the flushing. Describe when/where/how much the flushing happens, the feeling of heat you get when you flush, and if other substances trigger it or not.