Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.moogle.

what time of day do you take it?

i'm asking 'cause i recently changed up my usual routine of taking it each morning and my face has now broken out the worst it ever has in years.

please include

1. time of day

2. dosage

3. what you take it with (meal, supplements)

4. are you still breaking out or have you stopped?

for me when it was working nicely

1. first thing i do when i wake up

2. 10mg

3. I took it with one fish oil capsule and nothing else

4. While i took it like this is still had the occasional small zit here and there.

i tried changing my routine to taking it with the first really fatty meal of my day 'cause i thought that just one fish oil capsule wouldn't help absorbing it in the slightest and now i'm breaking out uncontrollably...

if enough people respond to this i'm pretty sure a pattern might form that shows the wrong way or the right way to take accutane to get its effect.

please spread this around

please include

1. time of day

2. dosage

1. I took my pill with dinner, usually at around 6:30pm.

2. 30mg the first 2 months, 40mg for 5 months after that

3. I tried to include some fat in my meal, like olive oil, peanut butter, milk, something like that, and I usually took 3 fish oil capsules after dinner just for good measure.

4. Worked beautifully. No more breakouts.

I'm not sure it makes a difference what time of day you take the medicine. I sometimes switched things up and took it with lunch, or skipped a day, or took it with a late-night snack, depending on my schedule. As long as I took it with food, I seemed to be ok.

Possible explanation: now that you're taking Accutane with a fatty meal, you could be absorbing more and experiencing an "initial breakout" of sorts. Since you suddenly have more Accutane in your system, it's kind of like you just upped your dose...and many people report breakouts when they change doses.

It could also be a coincidence that you're breaking out now. Sometimes breakouts on Accutane seem to have no rhyme or reason. I'd say keep taking it with meals for a few days and see what happens.

1. i usually take it at night, before i go to sleep

2. 60mg the first 3 months, 80mg starting this month (the 4th month)

3. i eat dinner pretty late, at like 8pm, so i guess i take it after dinner

4. i have a few, but they are all ones that are going away!

i don't think it really matters when you take it. it's not like birth control where in order to have it work most effectively, you need to take it at the same time every single day. just as long as you're taking it and not skipping doses or taking too many doses at once! :)

take it with dinner. or if i dont eat a lot with dinner, i have it with my snack b4 bed which is usually big. lol. so its 40mg usually from 6-11 with either big dinner or big snack. my acne has gotten better. ive only been on tane for a month now..

1. after dinner

2. 20mg

3. i try to include olive oil or some form of fish to dinner

4. I dont breakout as often anymore, just the occasional pimple

I agree with WhiterShade, you may be experiencing an IB cos theres more accutane absorption now

1. 2x a day. After Breakfast and after dinner

2. 30mg then 40mg later, so total of 70mg a day

3. After food, breakfast and dinner

4. a bit, but only been on it for 9 days

You are now taking it correctly and it's being properly absorbed (for the first time in your course!) Keep up this way, taking it with a fatty meal.

First pill 11:00am Second pill 11:00pm

40mg am 40mg pm

take it with fatty foods

clearing up but have scars

You are now taking it correctly and it's being properly absorbed (for the first time in your course!) Keep up this way, taking it with a fatty meal.

see i thought that was what was causing it, but i'm pretty sure its not. If i wasn't absorbing it right then why'd i have dry lips, back aches, and nose bleeds, not to mention much much clearer skin.

i'm like 100% sure that taking your accutane at the same time with a consistent meal will make it work more effectively.

I went back to my old routine and everythings calming down again!

1. time of day

2. dosage

1. during the week about 8:10 ish on the weekend after breakfast it depends on what time we get up (when i would take it before bed i would have lots of trouble sleeping when I switched to mornings that stopped)

2. 40mg

3. during the week after a nice big bowl of cheerios with a huge glass of water on the weekend whatever is for breakfast

4. Im only at day 16 I'm still breaking out only a little and some of the cysts that I have had for months are going away

1. time of day: with my biggest meal. i like to take it earlier in the day, just to get it out of the way.

2. dosage: Month 1-40 MG. Month 2-60 MG. Month 3-40 MG. Month 4-60 MG.

3. what you take it with (meal, supplements): like i said above, i take it with my biggest meal of the day, whatever that happens to be. and i take 2 or 3 fish oil pills with the accutane.

4. are you still breaking out or have you stopped? still getting breakouts and i'm on day 93. :/