Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm at day 11 and haven't taken my accutane yet. I woke up at 3:30 this morning (i had a bad dream) and as I was trying to fall back asleep I noticed that their was a very very faint ringing in my ears. This happen to anyone else and what their doctor had said. And yes I am going to call the dr's office as soon as they open

So I'm at day 11 and haven't taken my accutane yet. I woke up at 3:30 this morning (i had a bad dream) and as I was trying to fall back asleep I noticed that their was a very very faint ringing in my ears. This happen to anyone else and what their doctor had said. And yes I am going to call the dr's office as soon as they open

Yes, it is a documented side effect...tinnitus

Impaired hearing has been reported in patients taking accutane; in some cases, the hearing impairment has been reported to presist after therapy has been discontinued. Mechanisms and causality for this event have not been established.

Patients who experince tinnitus or hearing impairment should discontinue accutane treatment and be referred for specialized care for futher eval.

http: www.rocheusa.com/products/accutane/pi./pdf

Since it just started you should be fine, I am glad to hear you are going to contact your doctor.

good luck

so i'm waiting for the derm to call back... I was told be a friend that it could be that since i have hearing loss its a tone that most people might not hear and i do.

Also I can only hear it when I put my fingers in my ears and its super super quiet.

so i'm waiting for the derm to call back... I was told be a friend that it could be that since i have hearing loss its a tone that most people might not hear and i do.

Also I can only hear it when I put my fingers in my ears and its super super quiet.

I would still check with your derm and your regular doctor. I take it your saying you have a hx of hearing loss. So then you are aware of what I posted above from Roche online accutane information.

It may make your hearing worse.

good luck.

So I got to day 40 I really only had the ringing in 1 ear derm changed the dose to 20mg once a day I was on it for a week and told her I still had the problem. So she told me to stop for 1 week and update her and then we might have to go for 2 to see if it stops.

She also told me to follow up with my regular dr.

ringing of the ears is something some people get naturally anyway, my ears have been ringing for about 7 years at about the degree yours are described to be ringing, i dont even notice it.

I'm pretty sure that ringing is normal and has nothing to do with Accutane. I occasionally get ringing, especially after those days of listening to a lot of music.

Update....Well its been about 10 months since I have taken any. I still have the problem with the ringing. Some days its louder than others but there is nothing they can really do for it.

But my skin is clear :)

I've had ringing in my ears for years because I've played in bands all my life and been around loud music a lot. It's not SUPER BAD, but it's definitely there. You just learn to try and tune it out and eventually you kind of forget about it. If it gets worse though and everywhere you go it sounds like there is a siren in your ear, I'd stop the tane.

Ack! The acne is back and the ringing in the ears is still present but it doesn't bother me as much. Going back to the dr next Tuesday to see what can be done. My skin seems to hate everything and gets angry anytime I put anything on it.