Notifications
Clear all

Attracted to people with acne/scars?

MemberMember
(@ericartman)

Posted : 05/07/2009 5:22 am

Ok, well, ever since I had bad acne (and now some scarring) i've found myself more attracted to girls with flawed skin, be it acne or acne scars.

I thought this was kind of weird but in some ways made sense, as I feel I can sort of relate to them more, and have at least one thing in common if nothing else.

has anyone else experienced this ? or am i just odd?

MemberMember
(@jimmyjammy)

Posted : 05/07/2009 7:37 am

I'm exactly the same, im not sure why. Maybe its because I think that girls with acne/scarring are more likely to have certain characteristics that I find attractive, such as empathy and a lack of a judgemental attitude towards others.

MemberMember
(@oh-so-outrageous)

Posted : 05/07/2009 9:47 am

I actually find guys with some acne more attractive.

MemberMember
(@theassassin)

Posted : 05/07/2009 2:57 pm

I could care less either way.

MemberMember
(@whitershade)

Posted : 05/07/2009 4:12 pm

I do have a soft spot for people with acne. I feel a sense of companionship with them that I don't immediately feel for people who have had fabulous skin their whole lives. Seeing acne scars on a guy makes me think of when they were younger and had acne just like I did, and I can see them as more vulnerable and real.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/07/2009 5:03 pm

Definitely, I'm way more attracted to women with acne or scars now. I would rather be with someone that has it actually over someone who doesn't. Why? Because from going through the shit myself I no longer judge people on their appearance. When I see a women with scarring or acne I think they're different than other girls yes, but in a good way. I don't see them as someone with skin problems(not even for a second), I see them as strong individuals and I respect them for that and it makes them attractive to me. I feel the same about overweight girls as well. This is coming from a guy with bad scars though.

MemberMember
(@gda_11)

Posted : 05/07/2009 7:35 pm

It doesn't bother me either way.

MemberMember
(@find-myself)

Posted : 05/07/2009 11:04 pm

same. it's not weird. it's like if you are clear skin good looking tall good body etc. you'd be thinking you are at the top of the world.

MemberMember
(@tyga)

Posted : 05/07/2009 11:07 pm

You're not odd. Many people are compassionate towards others with the same problems.

MemberMember
(@angrychair)

Posted : 05/08/2009 7:34 am

I'm exactly the same. Guys with clear skin just don't do it for me... my friends think I'm crazy because of it.

MemberMember
(@ugly_skye)

Posted : 05/08/2009 11:50 pm

In the past, I never dated guys with acne, not that I wouldn't, it just didn't happen. Now that I have scars, I would much prefer my boyfriend to have them as well, so at least he could emphasize with me.

Of course if a guy with clear skin was interested in me, I wouldn't not date him cus his skin was nice. I do notice that I check out everyone's skin and the guys I am drawn to have scarring.

MemberMember
(@bud)

Posted : 05/09/2009 9:27 am

Most who suffer or have suffered from acne will agree that acne is an inconsequential variable -- despite feeling like a constant on darker days -- on another person, even if they claim the contrary. Still more people who suffer or have suffered from acne will find it both alluring and attractive on another person. This may seem like the ultimate irony, but it's really very simple: people relate to common struggles; struggle has always been a solid foundation for unity. Your mind will flare deep and wide imagining all the elements of a person's life who shares your battle against acne. The state of your skin puts you at an equal tier of physical beauty, effectively allowing you to see beyond their face. If anything, it's selfish.

I do, in point of fact, find girls emblazoned with acne and scars more attractive than is probably healthy. Why? Because it makes me wonder what lies beneath the surface, and that mystery is intriguing. I just wish my face instilled the same curiosity in others. However, I will not try to sell some bullshit about acne sensitizing me to other physical ailments. Do I still think Joseph Merrick is fuckugly? Yes. You probably do too. Are we immoral or shallow for doing so? No, he is fuckugly...

From a post I made a while back.

In the past, I never dated guys with acne, not that I wouldn't, it just didn't happen. Now that I have scars, I would much prefer my boyfriend to have them as well, so at least he could emphasize with me.

Empathize. This is a common mentality. However, I think the attraction grows deeper than just empathy. I like to entertain the notion that our subconscious isn't that emotionally shallow.

MemberMember
(@rattina89)

Posted : 08/14/2009 7:25 pm

I wouldn't say I'm exclusively attracted to guys with acne/acne scars but I defintely have been. I don't think it has anything to do with empathy though because even before I had acne I sometimes found acne scars on others attractive.

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 08/15/2009 3:38 am

personally it does have something to do with me being able to relate to the person. if someone has acne scars and smiles a lot, i do find that attractive.

MemberMember
(@honeyponey)

Posted : 08/15/2009 8:33 am

To be honest...

Over the years i found out that women are judged about there appearance alot more then men. (I'm a male)

My past girl friends and people that i find attractive always had a perfect skin.

Allthough i realise i've had acne problems myself and shouldnt be judgign like this.

It's simple. Girls don't find the looks of there boy friend that important as guys do. Don't understand me wrong on this, obviously they do at some point but not that much as guys

My honest opinion, a bit sad, but it's reality

MemberMember
(@horseangel220)

Posted : 08/15/2009 11:24 am

To be honest...

Over the years i found out that women are judged about there appearance alot more then men. (I'm a male)

My past girl friends and people that i find attractive always had a perfect skin.

Allthough i realise i've had acne problems myself and shouldnt be judgign like this.

It's simple. Girls don't find the looks of there boy friend that important as guys do. Don't understand me wrong on this, obviously they do at some point but not that much as guys

I agree, this is totally true. Guys with moderate to severe acne can always be found attractive, even rugged with the scars on their face. If a girl even has a few zits, she immediately feels like she has to pile on makeup to mask imperfection. Double standards are so twisted =/

But on that note I don't really see acne as a barrier to attraction - I know many guys with acne that are very attractive. It all depends on how you carry yourself - if you act like it bothers you, people will notice. If you ignore it and carry on your life how you want to, people will admire you for it and pursue you. It's all about character.

MemberMember
(@honeyponey)

Posted : 08/15/2009 2:18 pm

To be honest...

I agree, this is totally true. Guys with moderate to severe acne can always be found attractive, even rugged with the scars on their face. If a girl even has a few zits, she immediately feels like she has to pile on makeup to mask imperfection. Double standards are so twisted =/

But on that note I don't really see acne as a barrier to attraction - I know many guys with acne that are very attractive. It all depends on how you carry yourself - if you act like it bothers you, people will notice. If you ignore it and carry on your life how you want to, people will admire you for it and pursue you. It's all about character.

ow and another thing.

Woman can find a guy attractive for his personality. So if a girl likes a boy she can find him more attractive.

The other way around this is not the case. A boy will not find a girl more attractive if he likes her or not (not counting if u are in love with somebody of course u will find that person more attractive then)

This is scientifically proven btw what i'm saying here

And u mention u can find guys with scars attractive. Well i have a little theory about that aswell. 10 000 years human kind has lived on this planet. Men are made for combat and hunt so obviously they always got scared. Women prepare the food and look after the children.

Women may find guys with scares attractive because it's a sign that says. This guy has experience, he has been through alot of things. With him i will be safe, he can protect me and our futur children.

It's basically the evolution theory. :)

I'll tell you one thing. Girls with acne have it way worse in this world we living in then boys !

A real shame but hey i'll tell you this Im happy to be a male :)

MemberMember
(@praisethelordforacnenot)

Posted : 08/15/2009 3:42 pm

And u mention u can find guys with scars attractive. Well i have a little theory about that aswell. 10 000 years human kind has lived on this planet. Men are made for combat and hunt so obviously they always got scared. Women prepare the food and look after the children.

Women may find guys with scares attractive because it's a sign that says. This guy has experience, he has been through alot of things. With him i will be safe, he can protect me and our futur children.

Well acne scars/chicken pox scars dont have the same effect on women...its only regular scars that have that effect. Acne scars/chicken pox scars only proves bad genes...This has been proven with research..I can show you one if you want.

MemberMember
(@javoon)

Posted : 08/26/2009 11:42 pm

actually yea for me it doesnt matter either way because i wouldnt want some one to judge my looks like that ..but some guys do look cute with acne thats kind of wierd to say but ...i dunno its true

MemberMember
(@laurens92)

Posted : 08/27/2009 12:31 pm

I must admit that I'm a lot more comfortable around girls with acne/scars. Not that it matters that much to me but if I had to choose between dating 2 chicks, one with clear skin and one with acne/scars, I'd go for the girl with acne/scars. Simply because I feel misunderstood and uncomfortable when being around people with flawless skin.

MemberMember
(@osfan2006)

Posted : 08/30/2009 9:44 pm

I could care less either way.

i agree if your cute have some acne had blah blah, and like me and think im cute ied give it a go.

MemberMember
(@phiffie)

Posted : 08/31/2009 5:00 am

I find guys with acne scars adorable. There's just something about them ! :D

I'm not so sure about girls, though, even though that's really mean . Maybe because i'm a girl and i'm nitpicky about looking good or something...

MemberMember
(@kenny89)

Posted : 08/31/2009 5:42 am

I wouldnt mind if a girl had acne problems, its only skin.

What makes a person is their personality, not because they have 'perfect' skin.

MemberMember
(@frankplk)

Posted : 09/03/2009 10:12 am

I think that women with acne/acne scars are actually attractive: the acne gives them a lot of charm. Having discussed this with friends I know this is an opinion which is much more wide spread than people (in particular girls) would believe.

(and I don't have acne myself so it is not because I like girls who share the same issue)

MemberMember
(@glx)

Posted : 09/03/2009 7:41 pm

I find guys with acne scars adorable. There's just something about them ! :D

Wow, 1 out of 160,000,000 isn't bad.

I don't really care either way. Depends on the person.