Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Congrats on the clearing skin and iPhone. I just got one myself, three weeks ago and absolutely love it. Tap Tap Revenge is a fun app, btw ;D

Thanks :) I have that app, I havent really played it that much though. I'm usually on Pandora radio!! So you are starting accutane in August?! What are you waiting for? Birth control?

Hi Shelly-

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you! I think I'm probably in a similar boat as you. I'm 26 & have been dealing with mild to moderate acne ever since I can remember... It's a giant pain in the A$$!!

Well.. I did my first bout of Accutane in 2004. (end of March 04 to the end of September 04). My skin was amazing after 2 months & didn't have any other break outs for quite some time.. However, in the past yr, I've been developing more & more break outs all over again.. Pretty ridonkulous if you ask me.. Anyways.. when I was on it in 2004 I was on Sotret at 80 mg/day (which I thought was a pretty high dose considering I only weighed 110 lbs)..

Anyways.. Long story short.. I'm back on Accutane.. Mostly just bc I have very persistent acne.. Lots of black heads & clogged pores.. However I've been getting more & more larger pimples lately.. WHich is why I'm back on the tane.. My pharmacy gave me Claravis (sp??) this time.. I just started it yesterday.. I'm pretty clear right now.. so I hope it stays that way.. I don't remember having an IB the first time around.. So hopefully I luck out again this time around.. oh, & my doc started me out at 40 mg/day... & I weigh just under 110 lbs.. So.. we'll see..

Oh.. anyways.. i wanted to get to your BCP question.. I was originally on Yasmin & always really liked it.. Then about 1.5 yrs ago i switched to Yaz bc of all of the hype & what not.. anyways, the Yaz gave me horrible mood swings & made me really depressed.. & it just got worse every month rather than getting better.. so i was off BCP completely from last july until 2 months ago.. which im wondering if that's why my skin got worse too.. anyways, im back on Yasmin now.. & it's WAY better w/my mood & brk outs than yaz... i've heard a lot of ppl that have had a lot of moodiness & depressive symptoms from Yaz.. so if I were you i'd just keep an eye on all that stuff..

anyways.. sorry this got so long.. i gotta run.. let me know if you have any questions..

thx,

JM

okay im getting irritated. I keep thinking my skin looks good and then the next day I have breakouts. It keeps on changing on me!! Ive got a big cyst on my left jaw thats going away and a new cyst on my right jaw, and a little pimple next to it and then 2 on my cheek that are taking forever to freekin go AWAY!!!!! The cysts I had on my right jaw before accutane are still going away I can still feel them under my skin and its really fucking frustrating.

I am only on week 6, so maybe i need to give it more time. It is just irritating me how one day it will look perfect and ill be so happy and then the next day it looks bad.

Also, I am on 80 mg and weigh 165. Do you think i need to be on a higher doseage because I am not really experiencing any side effects at all. My skin is hardly dry anymore, m not getting rashes anymore. THe only thing really is that my nose is dry. My lips aret even really dry either. I dunno...maybe ill ask my derm next time but i doubt he will let me since my cholesterol is so high.

Maybe next month though when the zocor starts kicking in he can raise it a little bit. I also want to ask him if i can do an extra month or 2. My biggest fear in the world right now is that my acne will come back after accutane.

When does everyone really start seeing 100% clear results??

I keep having the day to day fluctuations as well and it is very frustrating. So I feel you!

I think 2-3 months is when most people start to get really clear. Hang in there!

And congrats on your weight loss! I haven't lost an ounce since I started the prednisone :evil:

Month 2. Week 3

I still feel like my skin is breaking out too much right

now. I have cysts and breakouts on my Jaw line. It

still looks better than before Tane though.

On the bright side this girl I work with today sAid

"wow that stuff is really working on ur face!". It mAde

me so happy because it was so out of nowhere and I

only told her about it once and it wuz a long time ago.

I'm having a really hard time sticking to my diet. I'm

always so hungry and I get tired of the things I'm eating.

I hope my cholesterol is okay at my next appointment. I'll

be so pissed if he wants to lower my dose.

Month 2 day 1

wow I just realized I'm on month 2!

That's awesome I didn't even realize it.

Anyways my skin is looking a lot better

thatn it was before. I had lots of big cysts

on my right jaw/cheek, they are definitely

going away. I have nothing on my forehead.

Nothin really on my left side, just a few

that are going away. Nothing on my chin

which is really awesome. Plus I'm gonna

Start my period in a few days and usually

I break out way way way bad a week before

my period and nothing got noticeably worse

this time. Yay! I have my next derm appointment

on next wednesday. I just hope to god that

my cholesterol will be okay and he won't want

to lower my doseage. Even if it is a little higher

though I feel like I can talk him into leaving it

at 80 because I have only been on the zocor for

3 weeks and it's supposed to take 4-6 to lower

cholesterol. So maybe me being on that will be enough

for him to be comfortable leavig me on 80. I am

hoping that my fourth month maybe my

doseage can be raised to 100!

Gosh I cant wait until I'm 100% breakout fee

my sister and I are moving out in December

and I want to have perfect beautiful skin by then

and be 120lbs!!!!!!

Congrats on the clearing skin and iPhone. I just got one myself, three weeks ago and absolutely love it. Tap Tap Revenge is a fun app, btw ;D

Thanks :) I have that app, I havent really played it that much though. I'm usually on Pandora radio!! So you are starting accutane in August?! What are you waiting for? Birth control?

Sorry I missed your reply. Pandora is a really neat app. Gotta love customized radio =) If you like astronomy, I recommend pUniverse (pocket Universe), and for puzzle games, UnblockMe.

Anywho, yeah I'm hopefully starting Accutane on the 10th. Because of iPledge being a bitch and making all of us females wait 30 days, I had to wait (and watch my skin get worse).

Congrats on reaching over 2 months and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on lower cholesterol

I don't even know if anyone is reading this ir not but wish me luck because tomorrow is my 2n derm appointment and last time he told me if my holesterol is too much higher he will have to "stop treatment". Damn those are scary words. Well I am really hoping it will be okay. I ate pretty healthy. I've been on zocor now for four weeks. I also stoppe taking accutane 3 days before the blood test. Now before you start telling me how bad that is, I was 3 days short on pills anywyas due to me rescheduling my appointment so I would of had to do that anyways. I also drank a fair amount of water before the test and fasted for 17 hrs instead of 12. I know I know, but I jut could not bear o be taken off this stuff especially since I've only been on it for 2 months.

As for my skin right now it looks kinda bad. It looked good the first month and then I think I aorta had an ib that has been going on and it's slowly getting better. I've got lots of small cysts on my right jaw/cheek area. Nothing on my forehead and one massive massive white head on my left cheek that popped last night. Thank god. And is now going away.

I just can't wait to see what next month will bring. I hope I will get to experience it. We will see what happens tomorrow. Wish me luck

I don't even know if anyone is reading this ir not but wish me luck because tomorrow is my 2n derm appointment and last time he told me if my holesterol is too much higher he will have to "stop treatment". Damn those are scary words. Well I am really hoping it will be okay. I ate pretty healthy. I've been on zocor now for four weeks. I also stoppe taking accutane 3 days before the blood test. Now before you start telling me how bad that is, I was 3 days short on pills anywyas due to me rescheduling my appointment so I would of had to do that anyways. I also drank a fair amount of water before the test and fasted for 17 hrs instead of 12. I know I know, but I jut could not bear o be taken off this stuff especially since I've only been on it for 2 months.

As for my skin right now it looks kinda bad. It looked good the first month and then I think I aorta had an ib that has been going on and it's slowly getting better. I've got lots of small cysts on my right jaw/cheek area. Nothing on my forehead and one massive massive white head on my left cheek that popped last night. Thank god. And is now going away.

I just can't wait to see what next month will bring. I hope I will get to experience it. We will see what happens tomorrow. Wish me luck

Hi I just read your entire log and had to congratulate you on your weight loss! Also Good luck with your appointment tomorrow I really hope you get to stay on accutane. If you do you'll have clear skin in no time! I was on it a while ago and broke out for most of the time I was on it but in the end my skin was perfect.

Good luck shellbell, hope you get another script!

I'm Sitting in the waiting room at the derms office right now and I M so terrified and nervous. I hate drs offices. They like set you up for nervousness with the music and the chairs facing one another so you have to sit and stare at the person across from you. Then no one talks and you have to wait forever to call your name. I hate it. God I hope everything go's okay I'm so worried. I don't know what I'll do

Yay my cholesterol went down from 236 to 198. I'm on 80 mg again and he said I probly will be for the rest of the time. I hope this Monty brings great improvements because as of right now I'm not that happy with my skin, but I can see the breakouts lessening. I'm so glad I am done with 2 months already! Time is flying.

I had an interview today for a nanny job. I really really hope I get it! The kids were so adoreable and it's only two days a week in the morning. I just need extra mony. They said they are interviewing q couple more people though and they will let me know by Tuesday. I really want it!

Month 3. Day 3. My skin is definitely looking good. It's not Nearly as dry as it was before. In fCt it's hardly dry At all. I'm so excited for what thus month is going to bring for my skin. I really need to ge back on track with the dieting and excercising too! I'm 165 right now and my birthday is in abut 4 weeks (sep 11). I wAnt to be 149lbs by then and I want my skin to look awesome. I am scared for my next period. I just hope I can get through it without any breakout fiascos. I know once I stEt eatin healthy that all definitely help my skin clear up as well!

Wow I haven't updated in forever. Let's see, I'm Somewhere around 2 months and 3 weeks. My skin looks awesome. I Am almost breakout free. My skin is still slightly bumpy from old cysts that are taking their sweet ass time To go away. Other than that it looks great. I compared it to pictures I took when i first started and I was amaaaazed. My red marks are definitely going away too!!! It's so exciting but o course I am worrying about what I will do if the acne comes back!!

I want to get on spiro immediately after accutane because I really think I will benefit from it. I know a large part of my acne is hormonal. I really want to start it right after because indont think you can be on it while on accutane and if there is any ib I will probly be able to avoid it since I will still have some tane in my system. I know spiro also greatly helps with oil production and I really want to keep the oil gone. That has been one of the most exiting parts of tane. To not have to use oil absorbing sheets every 20 minutes!! I hope I can get my derm to let me do this. Does anyone know if doctors prescribe it? I know mine would because she pretty much listens to me and if she knows I really want something she will usually give me a scrip. (within reason of corse)