Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shelley, sounds like the Accutane is doing its magic! Even if you're breaking out, that means the drugs are pushing out all the bad stuff. And if you're dry at all, you know it's working. I'm drier than I thought I would be at this point, but I'm just hoping there's no IB.

See ya!

Day 13

Skin is super super dry. I had to put two coats of moisturizer on this morning and on top of that sunscreen and on top of that makeup!! haha. God i freekin hate makeup and would be so excited if accutane leads to me being able to NOT wear it. Or at least just being able to go out with a little mineral powder or something....I just hate having to get up extra early so i can sit in front of the mirror and literally paint my face with a makeup brush and foundation. It seems to only make my skin look worse anyways...it shows every little crevase and bump and flake of dry skin. Its a love hate relationship with me and makeup. The only reason i wear it is so that my face can at least look semi-normal and people wont be walking by me like "whats wrong with that girls face"

Alright enough about that. Like I said side effect wise, my skin is really really dry. My eyes are dry. My lips are dry. I have a little rash on my arms but its kinda going away with cortizone cream. I had a massive headache yesterday and still have a little bit of one today. I think my ib might be starting. I have been noticing really small bumps coming up every day and then going away to be replaced by new ones. They arent whiteheads or anything, just little red bumps. I do have some new whiteheads on my chin area and a few on both cheeks. Nothing major.

Definitely still experiencing crazy dreams!!! Every night since ive been on accutane!! and major fatigue!!!!!!!!!

Day 13

Skin is super super dry. I had to put two coats of moisturizer on this morning and on top of that sunscreen and on top of that makeup!! haha. God i freekin hate makeup and would be so excited if accutane leads to me being able to NOT wear it. Or at least just being able to go out with a little mineral powder or something....I just hate having to get up extra early so i can sit in front of the mirror and literally paint my face with a makeup brush and foundation. It seems to only make my skin look worse anyways...it shows every little crevase and bump and flake of dry skin. Its a love hate relationship with me and makeup. The only reason i wear it is so that my face can at least look semi-normal and people wont be walking by me like "whats wrong with that girls face"

Alright enough about that. Like I said side effect wise, my skin is really really dry. My eyes are dry. My lips are dry. I have a little rash on my arms but its kinda going away with cortizone cream. I had a massive headache yesterday and still have a little bit of one today. I think my ib might be starting. I have been noticing really small bumps coming up every day and then going away to be replaced by new ones. They arent whiteheads or anything, just little red bumps. I do have some new whiteheads on my chin area and a few on both cheeks. Nothing major.

Definitely still experiencing crazy dreams!!! Every night since ive been on accutane!! and major fatigue!!!!!!!!!

I was doubtful about the freaky dreams side effect at first, but I have to say since I started accutane I've remembered every odd dream I've had. Is it possible that our dreams are ALWAYS weird but accutane just makes us remember them for some reason? ;)

Day 15 (time is flying by)

Well, I guess im starting to wonder if im gonna pass the IB by. Since I started i really havent had any bad breakouts. It looked like it was kinda bad for a couple days but then everything went away. I guess the prednisone really helped. All im experiencing right now is dry dry dry, kinda itchy skin, rash on arms and hands, weird as hell dreams (I know I keep repeating this, but its so crazy). Dry lips obviously....and thats about it.

I weighed myself this morning and im 166.8 so I really need to step it up for the next 2 weeks because i want to be 158 by July 6th which is my next derm appointment.

Okay nothing really new to report but im still reporting. :)

Warning: rant about flaky sister....

Okay so yesterday was fathers day! My sister and I decided we would go to my dads in the morning before work around 12. She said she would come pick me up and we would go together. So she calls in the morning and says she will be late picking me up, then she calls and says she will just go herself and be there at 1:30...then she calls and says shes not coming at all....she started in on some excuse about her boyfriend and blah blah blah, I just said "yeah whatever" and hung up, so I didnt get to hear the whole exscuse. Oh and she says "can you tell dad im not coming." Im like hell no, you can at least have the fucking decency to call him yourself and tell him that.

Shes such a flake and it pisses me off. She ALWAYS has some lame exscuse for everything and it usually involves her loser boyfriend who is 23 has never had a job and smokes meth all day.

Then to make matters worse, I get to work and find out she has called in sick....which i know she wasnt sick. Its like one day out of the year that we need to go see our dad and she cant even be bothered to go. What a bitch. She pisse me off so much sometimes.

Day 15 (time is flying by)

Well, I guess im starting to wonder if im gonna pass the IB by. Since I started i really havent had any bad breakouts. It looked like it was kinda bad for a couple days but then everything went away. I guess the prednisone really helped. All im experiencing right now is dry dry dry, kinda itchy skin, rash on arms and hands, weird as hell dreams (I know I keep repeating this, but its so crazy). Dry lips obviously....and thats about it.

I weighed myself this morning and im 166.8 so I really need to step it up for the next 2 weeks because i want to be 158 by July 6th which is my next derm appointment.

Okay nothing really new to report but im still reporting. :)

Warning: rant about flaky sister....

Okay so yesterday was fathers day! My sister and I decided we would go to my dads in the morning before work around 12. She said she would come pick me up and we would go together. So she calls in the morning and says she will be late picking me up, then she calls and says she will just go herself and be there at 1:30...then she calls and says shes not coming at all....she started in on some excuse about her boyfriend and blah blah blah, I just said "yeah whatever" and hung up, so I didnt get to hear the whole exscuse. Oh and she says "can you tell dad im not coming." Im like hell no, you can at least have the fucking decency to call him yourself and tell him that.

Shes such a flake and it pisses me off. She ALWAYS has some lame exscuse for everything and it usually involves her loser boyfriend who is 23 has never had a job and smokes meth all day.

Then to make matters worse, I get to work and find out she has called in sick....which i know she wasnt sick. Its like one day out of the year that we need to go see our dad and she cant even be bothered to go. What a bitch. She pisse me off so much sometimes.

Aww, aren't sisters the best? :rolleyes:

I get along well with my sister at the moment, but a few years ago she definitely went through the Loser Boyfriend/Acting Like A Flake phase.

The phase will end. I just hope it ends before your sister gets seriously hurt, meth is not funny business.

Day....um....17!!

OMG my skin is SOOOOO dry. It looked good for a couple hours after I did my makeup but around 7 my skin was so dry and flaky it was literally falling off!!! It was so embarassing..i was at work and I just wanted to put a bag over my head so no one could see me. You cant cover up flakes with any amount of makeup!! Its mostly around my mouth area but the rest of my face is dry and flaky too just not AS bad.

In other news, i think my IB is starting. I am breaking out pretty damn bad on my left side and on my chin...also a couple on my right side, one by my eyebrow, and nothing on my forehead. I hope it doesnt get too bad because i just dont think i could take the combonation of flakyness and breakouts all over my face at the same time!! :(

Oh well, I knew wat i was getting myself into when I got on accutane so im not complainin...just stating.

That is what I am really worried about too- flaky dry skin and breaking out at the same time. But if it happens, it happens, right? Just gotta keep on truckin'. At least we know that it will end at some point.

Day 18

Definitely started my IB!!! My skin is breaking out BAD especially around my mouth, on my jaw like (on the right side), on my left cheek, a lil on my right cheek, and a couple on my forehead.

I changed my next derm appointment to the 9th instead of the 6th, so im gonna have to go one day without accutane, they said its not a big deal at all. All i know is a few days before that appointment im gonna start calling the pharmacies and making sure the target i went to last time has the sotret i need in the miligrams i need, because I really dont want the same situation i had last time.

other than that, my face is still falling off in flakes....I have been fucking up on my diet and need to get back on track with that tomorrow!!! I got a juicer from my dad so im gonna start using that on a daily basis!!

Day 18

Definitely started my IB!!! My skin is breaking out BAD especially around my mouth, on my jaw like (on the right side), on my left cheek, a lil on my right cheek, and a couple on my forehead.

I changed my next derm appointment to the 9th instead of the 6th, so im gonna have to go one day without accutane, they said its not a big deal at all. All i know is a few days before that appointment im gonna start calling the pharmacies and making sure the target i went to last time has the sotret i need in the miligrams i need, because I really dont want the same situation i had last time.

other than that, my face is still falling off in flakes....I have been fucking up on my diet and need to get back on track with that tomorrow!!! I got a juicer from my dad so im gonna start using that on a daily basis!!

Fucking up on the diet, I hear that one. In addition to Father's Day, everyone in my family has a birthday in the summer so cake and ice cream are everywhere.

If I put fruit on the ice cream it doesn't count right? ;)

Day 20 (wow, almost 3 weeks)

So its kinda wierd because it seems like yesterday my side effects just stopped. My nose isnt dry anymore....my skin isnt AS dry or red as it was before. I'm not breaking out too bad either. Most of the breakouts on my left cheek are drying up and same with my chin. I do have a few on my right side of my chin and a lil on my jaw line but thats about it...nothing on my forehead at all. My skin isnt oily AT all, i never have to use those oil absorbing sheets anymore.

I wonder if my derm is going to raise my dose for next month.

I have been taking pictures, so once i see a dramatic difference in my skin I will post them. I can already tell a MAJOR difference in my red marks. They are finally able to start fading because im not breaking out as much as i was before. THis is so exciting. I really feel like accutane is going to be the answer for me and i can NOT wait until I am totally breakout free!!! Who knows, I might even be able to go swimming this summer!! Something I havent done in a few years!! (although I better stick to my diet if i wanna do that)!!!

My next appointment is in 11 days!! I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood....It doesnt seem like I am going to have any MAJOR IB!!!!!

Day 20 (wow, almost 3 weeks)

So its kinda wierd because it seems like yesterday my side effects just stopped. My nose isnt dry anymore....my skin isnt AS dry or red as it was before. I'm not breaking out too bad either. Most of the breakouts on my left cheek are drying up and same with my chin. I do have a few on my right side of my chin and a lil on my jaw line but thats about it...nothing on my forehead at all. My skin isnt oily AT all, i never have to use those oil absorbing sheets anymore.

I wonder if my derm is going to raise my dose for next month.

I have been taking pictures, so once i see a dramatic difference in my skin I will post them. I can already tell a MAJOR difference in my red marks. They are finally able to start fading because im not breaking out as much as i was before. THis is so exciting. I really feel like accutane is going to be the answer for me and i can NOT wait until I am totally breakout free!!! Who knows, I might even be able to go swimming this summer!! Something I havent done in a few years!! (although I better stick to my diet if i wanna do that)!!!

My next appointment is in 11 days!! I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood....It doesnt seem like I am going to have any MAJOR IB!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! The only pictures of me without makeup from the beginning are in the hands of my derm's office. The only way those are getting out is if I run for political office and my opponent attempts to blackmail me with them! Mwahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

Haha nikki, I feel the same way about my pictures. Although if i see dramatic results and my skin looks way better I would probly be proud to show them, though i would still be embarassed that I ever looked the way I do!!

hello, <3

I see you recently started Accutane! I just started, today will be day 7! I'm so excited. Like you, I've tried so many products. Every time leading me to a dead end. (ugh) I'm so glad that I've found people on here that are just starting Accutane. I'm really nervous about these scary side effects... :/ But I'm more excited than anything! Aren't youuuu?? (:

Well, I'll be following your thread. Its already given me some insight as to what to expect in the following weeks. Since you started a week & a half earlier than me.

Best of luck too you!!

xo-Steph

heya wish you good luck...hope you get the best..i just started isotretinoin from june 17th..my doctor put me on ISOACE...which contains 20mg of isotretinoin...heard of it??..i just have terrible breakouts.

its a PILL....which contains isotretinoin...20mg

steph= Thanks for stopping by. Ill check your log out too. I was definitely really scared to start accuatne, i almost didnt even go through with it because of all the stuff that I read on the logs and on the internet....but honestly, you can find whatever you want on the internet to support an side of the story. I'm sure if you looked long enough you could find something about someone saying they took tylenol and got cancer from it or something stupid like that, you know what i mean? There are side effects for everything, and who even knows if the accutane caused half the crap these people are complaining about.

anyways, im definitely more excited than scared about it. Just dont spend too much time on here and definitely dont look for the horror stories, just stay positive...most people only experience dry skin and lips (I'm one of them).

Jediv= I have never heard of that! What is it? Is it a topical or a pill?

Day 22= OMG I am almost done with my first month.

Man, I have no idea what my skin is doing right now!! I have hardly any breakouts, nothing on my forehead, just a couple things on my chin and jaw line. I can still see a lot of clogged pores on my nose so im wondering when that will start to come out. I hope I have bypassed the IB, i mean im in week 4 and I havent got one yet.....although my acne wasnt severe to begin with and I was on prednisone so maybe what i was just experiencing was my IB but it just wasnt as bad cuz my acne wasnt as bad. I dunno.

side effects= dry lips (not as bad as it was a few weeks ago) dry skin, dry nose.

Diet wise= I have decided to start fresh on July 1st, i need a clean slate and the first of the month is perfect for that. I have just got side tracked and got of course with working out and all that, so im just going to enjoy today and tomorrow and start over on July 1st!!

Sounds like your skin is doing really good. I think you're safe from the IB, usually it's in the first couple weeks. You're almost done with one month! I think it's just all uphill from here. And I have those clogged pores too, that are just sitting there. :( When do they come out???

Day 24!!

4 more days till im done with one month! Time is going by soo fast!!!

WELL I have jumped back on the bandwagon with my diet and excercise today. I need to keep it up because I'm no where near the weight I wanted to be at around this time!! My goal is to loose 5lbs this week.

As far as my skin go's I have no idea whats going on with it...some days it looks like everythings going to start going away and then I wake up in the morning and I have new breakouts. they are mostly around my mouth and I am thinking its probly because I'm about to start my period in a week. The dryness on my face is way more under control than it was during the first few weeks of accutane. The dry nose is bothering me but I havent had any nosebleeds yet. I am not experiencing any joint pain or headaches. My lips arent even that dry anymore. I still dont have to use the oil absorbing sheets so thats nice.

I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks and see what my skin is doing. Hopefully I will notice some awesome improvements this month since I will soon be on month 2!! I better start getting skinny so once my skin is clear I can go out and have some much needed fun!!!

lol... I know how you feel girl, I haven't lost anything, only gained. I haven't weighed myself, but my thighs are HUGE and I'm getting a little bit of a belly... :( I've been taking this "eat with fat" thing too seriously! and also I've been drinking a ton of Dr. Pepper lately even though at one time I was soda-free, but it just tastes so good!

the dry nose thing sucks, I have like an ulcer in my nose or something that hurts really bad. I always put aquaphor up my nose at night when I'm sleeping... feels gross at first, but you get used to it. It helps so much!

yay You've got through almost ONE MONTH! don't it feel like YESTERDAY that you started?! That's the way I am, I can't believe I've already finished like over two months

Wow sorry I havent been on here for so long!!! I was having some technical difficulties where it wouldnt let me log on so I had to make a new account and stuff.

Well, Im almost through with the first week of my second month. I just went to the derm on thursday and he said that my cholesterol is up. Its up from 204 to 236. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS THEY COME UP WITH ARE TOTAL CHOLESTEROL OR JUST LDL?? He said I need to be really conscious of what im eating this month because if it goes up anymore he will have to take me off or lower my doseage. I will die if this happens so I am being healthier than I ever have been in my entire life!! Im about 165lbs now. I just went to the store yesterday and bought some supplements that are supposed to be really good at lowering cholesterol

My blood pressure has also been high, which I am attributing to birth control, stress, and not eating as helathy and excercising as much as i could of last month...plus it runs in the family, my dad was on meds when he was about my age!!! So i have a dr. appointment next week to discuss this and I am hoping to god she wont take me off birth control because it is definitely helping me skin A LOT!! I think if i just loose more weight and keep eating healthy it will get to a normal level. Its not even THAT bad, my systolic is usually around 130, but my diastolic is sometimes around 90. Anyways, I'll see what she says. I also want to schedule an apointment to check if I have PCOS. I seem to have a lot of the symptoms and I only have insurance for a couple more months so I want to get checked for everything!!

OH sorry, You probly wanted to know about my skin!! haha. Its doing pretty darn good except that i just got through with my period and broke out a fair bit around my mouth because of that. I have like 3 actives (well they are sorta going away) on my left cheek, nothing on my right cheek, nothing on my forehead, and just the ones on my chin!! I'm feeling great about my skin

QUESTION.....What birth control is everyone on and do you like it??

Wow sorry I havent been on here for so long!!! I was having some technical difficulties where it wouldnt let me log on so I had to make a new account and stuff.

Well, Im almost through with the first week of my second month. I just went to the derm on thursday and he said that my cholesterol is up. Its up from 204 to 236. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE CHOLESTEROL LEVELS THEY COME UP WITH ARE TOTAL CHOLESTEROL OR JUST LDL??

When I have mine tested it is total. If 236 is your total cholesterol you can definitely get it back down, according to this article you are only at borderline high right now: http://health.yahoo.com/cholesterol-overvi...--hw115432.html

I'm on Yaz, I am not too pleased with it yet, I get very bad breakouts every time I reach the end of a pack. But, I am really hesitant to switch pills or go off them after I finish accutane because I do not want to give myself hormonal breakouts. So, I will probably stay on Yaz after I finish my course.

Anyway, it is nice to see you around again. Glad to hear you're doing well!

nikki: Yah, I am going to stay on yaz too. After reading the reviews for different birth controls it seems like yaz is the best for clearing up skin. How long have you bee on it? I am on my 4th month and i cant really tell what its doing since im on accutane too, but i just had my period and i broke out pretty bad. Im hoping this will start getting better after ive been on it longer, and of course after accutane.

Thanks for the info about the cholesterol. When they gave me those numbers i was thinking it was just LDL which is supposed to be below 100 so i was freaking out. But yah 236 isnt TOO bad and im sure I can lower it. It wierd though because on 4/19 my cholesterol was 116 and on 5/20 it jumped all the way to 204 (this was before even starting accutane).

-----------

Day.....I dont know, month 2 almost done with week one

My skin is looking awesome. I just got done with my period and i broke out pretty bad around my chin a few days before that and now that that is clearing up my skin looks awesome. Everything on my left cheek is drying up except one and there is nothing on my right side except one by my ear. Nothing at all on my forehead. And just the ones that are going away on my chin.

I am really happy with the results so far. I cant wait until I am done with this month and I can really start seeing results. OH and my skin isnt NEARLY as dry, or my lips, so thats awesome.

I just hope all my blood work will be okay at my next appointment.

OH and I am SOOOOO excited. My twin sister and I are planning a trip to disneyland (my favorite place ever) We were gonna go just for a few days, but then we saw that the price for a 3 day ticket is 180 and you can buy an annual ticket for 300. So for just 120 more we can go anytime. We live in nor cal and disneyland is in so cal but we can ride greyhound there and back for $100 (thats including both of us) and theres good hotels down there for only like 50 a night. Anyways we are going to go the first week of december and i am soooooooo excited!!! I just know my skin will look awesome by then and i will have lost all the weight im trying to loose........im almost in the 150s!~

Congrats on the skin doing better! And about Disneyland! Me and Ryland used to go twice a month at least every month and it was so easy since LA is like an hour and a half drive. We both work too much on top of school now, so we don't have passes anymore. Ah well, have fun there! It's my favorite place in the world!

jeez, when I started this thing I thought I was gonna update it every day, but since my skin has been getting clearer i find myself on here less and less!!

Anyway...its week 6!! Wow. My skin is looking awesome!!! I dont believe I have a single active. i have a few things on my left cheek that are taking their sweet ass time to go away, and one on my right cheek that is doing the same thing. Its still dry around my mouth but not AS bad as it was. Im really really really really excied about the progress im making.

Oh and I went to my doctor today and she did some blood work. Turns out I have hyperthyroidism (not exactly sure what it is but she said its not too bad and i dont need medication) One of the side effects is weight loss!!! ahahah LOVE IT!! Oh and my blood sugar, which was 103 last month is now 76!! How great is that?? I was all worried that accutane was going to raise my sugar but its actually lower!! YAY. My cholesterol was 240. She gave me a prescription for zocor 20mg so I am going to be taking that and hopefully that will help lower my cholesterol, along with my healthy diet and excercise!!

My next derm appointment is in about 3 weeks. I need to stick with my healthy diet and loose some more weight cuz i have GOT to lower this cholesterol. My dr. said zocor can take 4-6 weeks to work so Im relying on myself right now.

I'm a little disappointed because I havent gotten very many compliments on my skin. (that sounds kinda vain) but really....it looks so awesome and I was expecting people to comment on it :( Maybe the dryness and redness is throwing them off. But its a damn lot better than bumpyness right?!!

In other non-accutane related news....I got an IPHONE!! and it is pretty much the most exciting thing ever!! if you dont have one i strongly suggest you go get one. Its 300 bucks but totally worth every damn penny!!