Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWD

I just had THE most annoying experienc EVER trying to pick up my prescription. First I went to wal mart, they dont carry sotret. Then I went to rite-aid...they dont either. Then I called target and they told me they carried it so i went over there.....they didnt have any. Then I called 2 more targets and they didnt have it. Then I called another target and they said they did have it so I went over there. I gave the girl my info and she asked for my INSURANCE card so i gave it to her. She told me it would be half and hour so i left and came back 45 minutes....stil wasnt ready....walked around the store a little, came back and she said my info wasnt coming up for my insurance, she said she needed my dads birthday so she could enter it in and find my info....im like bitch i dont know what year my dad was born.....so i had to call my dad, he didnt answer...called my step mom....no answer....called my mom....no answer....finally called my grandma and she told me the year. I told the girl that and she entered it in and said she still couldnt find it. Then she goes "wait, this is your insurance card, i needed your prescription card". I was like OKAY well thanks for telling me that earlier bi-atch!!!!. SOOOOO i give her my insurance card and then she tells me shes not authorized to give me the accutane cuz i didnt answer my questions on ipledge (i did though). So i call my derm and they tell me to call the 1 800 number. I call the 1 800 number and they need my ipledge number which i dont have with me. I go home to get my ipledge number. Then the battery on my phone dies so i cant call ipledge, so i go online instead. SO i figured out the reason the questions werent working is cuz my derm had my methods of birth control as birth control first and abstinence second and It needed to be the other way around. Anyways i finally got my prescripion but it was probly the most annoying thing EVER!!!! if you read all of that.....:) haha

AAAAAAnyways i finally got my prescription so i will start taking it TOMORROW!!!! woo hooo

questions:

What kind of food do you take your tane with?

Can I take centrum if it has vitamin A in it?

Peaches: Yay thats exciting!!! Let us know when you start. Oh and my derm said the same thing about the generics but he said sotret is the only one he will prescribe. I have heard that they all work pretty much the same.

Why are pharmacies such buttholes about stocking this stuff? What if it was medication for a heart condition or something? "Oh, sorry, we don't have any of that stuff. Sorry we made you wait for an hour."

Anyway I have been taking my accutane in the mornings with a whole wheat muffin and peanut butter (300 calories total, 23 grams of fat) and at night I take it with a bowl of oatmeal and a tablespoon of flaxseed oil (270 calories, 14 grams of fat). I know you're watching your weight too, this summer, and I really recommend the Double Fiber Whole Wheat muffins by orowheat. They will keep you full until lunch for sure! Only 110 calories and 8 grams of fiber each.

YAYYY shelly starts tane today!!

haha I know your experience was annoying, but reading it I couldn't help but laugh out loud!! I think the first prescription pick up is always something kinda crazy! I think Nikki had a bad experience too... I went to drop off my prescription and didn't realize I had to answer the questions first & have my iPledge card with me. But that was nothing compared to your story!

It seems like me you & nikki are all trying to watch our weight this summer. We should make some kinda group workout schedule & suggestions of good foods and stuff for the three of us, that would be really cool & motivating. But that's just a suggestion.

I personally stopped taking my multivitamin and just started taking a catrate calcium tablet, b complex, and vit. E every day. I already took the b-complex before accutane though. && I still take my iron pill at night b/c of my anemia. It would be a good idea considering you're on 80 mg too.

omg I can't believe your systane costed $19!! I got a two pack at sams a few months ago for 21.53... Walgreens can be so expensive sometimes!

Speaking of, I think I've seen CeraVe at walgreens before. One of my friends who is almost done with her course tried it and she didn't like it, so I'm glad you did!

http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_res...amp;x=0&y=0

um I think there is a link on each product listing that you can search to see if they sell it at your walgreens, that way it'll save you a trip there if they don't have it. I think its kinda pricey though.

good luck!

steph

UPDATE: Well my derm just called me today and said he wants me to start taking the prednisone 2 days before i start tane so now I dont start until MONDAY. Kind of annoyed but oh well.....i guess its cool cuz my fams having a barbeque tomorrow and I wanna be able to eat what i want and not wory about being outside in the sun so i guess its good. Gives me more time to go grocery shopping and plan all my meals and stuff before i start.

Nikki: thats a good idea. I was planning on eating oatmeal in the mornings so ill try taiking it with that. Ill add some flax oil and almonds to it. Not sure what Ill take it with at night though. What about a banana, nuts and flax oil. Do you think that would be good?

Steph: HAha so i guess i did already post about the CeraVe. Im like their un-paid spokesperson now. And ya the only reason i posted about my annoying prescription pick-up experience is because i know i can look at it later and laugh at how rediculously annoying it was!! haha.

I like your idea about supporting eachother with the weight loss and eating healthy!! I have made the decision to become vegan. I dont like meat in the first place and I think im lactose intolerant because every time i drink milk or eat ice cream or cheese i get horrible stomach cramps....so eliminating that wont be a problem...plus i know dairy products are bad for acne as they have hormones in them. I dont know what im going to do about working out. Have you noticed any joint pain after working out? I guess ill have to take it really slow and see how my body reacts, but i would like to work out 5 times a week at least.

I am going to make an appointment with my dr. to talk about some kind of anti-depressant. NOT ZOLOFT. Maybe i can try prozac and seee if it works for me, but i definitley dont want it if its going to make me tired. My birth control is already doing that for me!!! and im sure accutane will as well!! i would also like some zanex just to at least get me through the first couple months on accutane. My anxiety gets realllly bad when my acne is bad...i dont want to see anyone or do anything and it really affects my life, i mean i can put off hanging out with friends for a while but i still have to go to work and interact with people.

IM STARTING ACCUTANE ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT LET ANYTHING STOP ME!!! hah.

You should really make a list of questions to bring to your appointments so you can make sure you get all your answers when you are there. (that's what I have to do cause I never remember everything and then I get home and I'm like oh shit I forgot to ask this,.. and that!)

You should NOT take a multivitamin because it has Vitamin A in it, unless your derm says it's ok.

So are you taking antibiotics as well as the prednisone???

I was vegan for about 4 years, now I'm just vegetarian (I LOVE sushi) but I do try to choose sustainable fish to eat, and buy local and organic. Skinny Bitch is a great book! I still eat a lot of vegan foods, but I just started a lowish carb thing again so that's kind of the opposite of vegan, but I am planning on going back to veganism again after I lose more weight. Vegans also don't use leather or anything from animals, but some vegans do eat honey.

ANYWAY, good luck Monday:)

I would be down for connecting on the weight loss thing in addition to keeping each other updated on our accutane progress. How about something simple like, on Mondays we can post what we're doing/how we're doing with our weight? I was going to make that my skin check-in day anyway, since I started claravis on a monday (can't believe it's already been a week!).

Btw, I think you are going to like Prednisone a lot! When I used it back in march it literally made my skin better OVERNIGHT, and things were really calmed down within a few days of use. You may skip the IB entirely you lucky girl!

Ya monday would be a good day to check in as that is when im starting tane. Im sure ill be checkin in every day though...im on the computer a lot!! I dont know if you girls are trying to loose weight or not but I am trying to loose about 60lbs. IM about 170 right now and i want to get down to aboutt 115. So I will do a weigh-in every monday and post the results. that will make me more likely to stick to the plan.

Nikki: Thats awesome about the prednisone. He only gave me 10 days worth though. Im supposed to take 2 pills a day for 5 days and then 1 pill a day for 5 days. That would be soooooo awesome if it eliminated the IB. Actually I would be fine with having an IB i just hope its not too sever. Like if its pretty much what im already used to or a little worse thats fine....i just dont want it to be like my retin-A micro IB, where i was breaking out EVERYWHERE including on my forehead where i never usually break out.

-Doesnt really have anything to do with accutane but what the hell.

I am going to the dr. tomorrow to get tested for diabetes. Im really scared but it will be such a relief if i dont have it. I was tested about a year ago because i was (and still am) having to pee all the time. She said i didnt have it then so i am hoping i dont have it now. We had an inservice at work today about diabetes and i noticed i have a lot of the symptoms.

I am also going to get a referell to an endo to see if I have PCOS. I read that 1 in 10 women has it. I just want to find out for sure. My dr. said she doesnt think i have it beause my periods are pretty normal. Guess ill find out. Also wanna get a scrip for prozac and zanex. I was already pretty depressed and moody before and now that i started birth control its getting worse and i know it can get worse with accutane as well.

Yay I dont have diabetes. But my blood sugar was 103 which is borderline between normal and pre-diabetes meaning that i NEED to start loosing weight and eating healthy so i dont develop diabetes later in life. This is a HUGE wake up call. I really cant fuck around with my health anymore.

I START ACCUTANE TOMORROW!!!! I am sooooooooooo excited!!!! I really hope this prednisone is going to help with the IB.

Nikki: You said prednisone works overnight. You are damn right!! I swear this morning when i woke up like 50% my breakouts were gone. kid you not. Too bad you cant just take prednisone all the time!!

yay for no diabetes!! This will get you motivated to be healthier: think about if you did develop diabetes later on, and you couldn't control it with diet/exercise, you'd have to POKE your finger several times a day AND administer insulin to yourself. a big hassle if you ask me! & not to mention painful. Maybe that'll help ;)

Prozac usually pumps other people up, but everything works opposite on me for some reason. lol

its a good thing you got checked for diabetes before you started taking the prednisone because steroids can elevate your blood sugar.

All this talk about doctors reminds me that I have to go to the lady doctor this week for a pap. ahhh I hate that place! I'm going to get them to change me to another BC because the one I'm on now (ortho tri cyclen lo) is way too expensive, I'm going to ask about regular ortho tri cyclen or something else they recommend that's cheaper and/or generic.

OK: about our health idea, are we going to make our own thread so that we can all keep up with it? I don't really need to loose much weight, only about 5-10 pounds or so. I mainly just need to get my muscle back because I mostly have fat now and I notice my clothes are fitting a little too tight & I feel uncomfortable. And also, my therapist keeps fussing at me for not exercising to relieve stress... lol

I made a cardio routine calander thingie just now so that I can slowly progress so I don't go too fast too soon. too bad my stupid printer won't print it!! wifi printers are super convenient, but they fuck up way too much for me!

haha shell: you start TOMORROW!!! I swear, if you don't really start tomorrow I'm gonna be super pissed at you! haha

steph

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/users/myplate/

this website is awesome! it has all kinds of foods on it, very easy to use, also has many activities listed, and it helps you figure out how many calories you burned & ate. I think this might help a lot! oh and you an make "groups" kinda like on myspace and such, that me you & Nikki can use. I made one for us, and if yall two want to join the website, I'll send you the link.

steph

Steph: Im gonna be super pissed too if i dont start tomorrow!!!! But i dont see any reason why i wont. As for the getting healthy thing, send me the link and tell me where these group things are. Or maybe we could just start a thread on this site....i think that might be easier. I just went to the whole foods store and bought tons of good foods. Heres what im thinking for my meal plans.

BF: Accutane + oatmeal with berries, nuts, flax seed, and soymilk OR a fruit smoothie with lots of healthy stuff in it.

Snack: Fruit

Lunch: Raw cabbage salad with all kinds of veggies (avacado, tomatos, beets, carrots, green peppers, sprouts) With lemon and olive oil dressing.

Snack: Fruit or veggie

Dinner: Accutane + nuts, Steamed greens (kale, broccolie, chard etc) with garlic, olive oil, and flax seed, and brown rice.

Snack: Fruit or veggie.

Oh and im gonna take fish oil, flax seed oil, calcium + vitamin D, B-complex...and not sure about centrum.

How does that sound. I know you're supposed to take tane with fatty foods...do you think that would be good enough?

Are you experiencing any joint pain with working out?

Haha I haven't started working out yet >< but sometimes after clinicals my back and chest hurts really bad. When I lay down at night my back hurts if I lay on my side so I have to lay on my back. I personally have just been taking my pill without any regards to food... LOL idk if you supposed to take it with fat to decrease the chance of upset stomach OR because vit a is a fat soluble vitamin? Idk LOL I guess I should try to take it with fat more often. MUFA's would be best (monounsaturated fatty acids)

Steph

Steph: I think you are supposed to take it with fat because it helps the body absorb it better. I really hope i am going to be able to work out while on tane. I really really need to loose weight. I will try using the eliptical slowly. I know it is best as it impacts the joints the least out of any other kind of work out.

Do you know if blood sugar is tested when you go for the blood tests every month or is it just cholesterol and triglycerides??

Anyone??

its mainly just your lipid panel and levels of vitamin a in your body. you could request getting your sugar checked too. they just use the blood they already have, it only takes a little bit of blood to check sugar and the results are usually immediate.

steph

IM SCAREDDDD.....I am actually going to start accutane tomorrow. If the side effects didnt have to be so hyped up I wouldnt be as worried about it!!!

I am going to do all i can to keep healthy while i am on this drug. Im gonna eat healthy and try to work out lightly when i can.

OMG.....so my dr. put me on prednisone for the first 10 days...well he told me to start it 2 days before tane. Dude, seriously, this prednisone has cleared me up 75% in 2 days. Im not even kidding!!! 3 days ago i probly had 20 actives on my face, right now i have about 5!!!! Man if this helps me through my IB...

sorry if i am posting too much but I am hella into this accutane log!!! haha. It makes me feel important or something, i dont know, lol.

I'm just gonna keep the end in sight. I know this first month is probly going to SUCK ASS, I'm probly gonna look like crap and feel like crap, but from what ive read in other peoples logs the first month is the worse, even if im still breaking out in the 2nd month it shouldnt be as bad as the frist month right?? I just need to know this to keep me sane, so if i can just get through this month i should be all good.

At least I know that the only social interactions i have to have are at work (at a nursing home). There is absolutely no one there to impress and ive told a lot of people i am going on accutane and if it gets really bad i will probly tell more people so they arent walking around talking about "what the hell happened to her skin!!" When i get home from work i can hibernate in my room and play video games, read, or watch movies.

I havent told my mom i decided to go through with it because she was kind of against it when i told her about it. She said id grow out of the acne pretty soon. Well im 23 (almost 24) and i really dont see any sign of that happening, if anything its getting worse. I dont need anyone bringing me down about it so i just decided not to tell her and ill try to avoid her as much as i can while im going through my IB so she doesnt notice a difference!!! Then we will see what she says when my skin starts clearing up!!! haha

ALRIGHT TIME FOR BED!! tomorrow when i post i will get to write DAY 1!!!! (im a dork)

Lol, I love your sense of humor, even if it isn't intentional you really have me laughing everytime I read your posts!! Goodluck on your course Shelly and keep us all updated!! :)

hi shelley, good luck with your 1st day on accutane! and is that prednisone really works wonder?? can we have it while we're on accutane? i'm on my 7th day and i wish i could take prednisone to "fast-forward" it haha i'm so stressed out.

Day 1

Thanks to all you guys that are visiting my log. I need to now someone out there is in this with me!!! :)

Firefly: As for the prednisone, yes it really works wonders, but im not sure how long you can be on it while your on tane. Like i said my derm only gave me 10 days worth of it and I started taking it two days before tane so i will only be on it for 8 days while im on tane. I think all in all its best to just take accutane by itself without anything else, but i was really concerned about the ib and my derm said since my acne was so infllammed it would be a good idea to put me on a short course of prednisone.

******Just took my first pill!! ummm okay what the hell? I thought this stuff was supposed to clear my skin. It still looks exactly the same!!! Fuck this. I'm going back to pro-active.

haha but for real, I LOVE how like every square inch of the sotret packaging is covered with either "DO NOT GET PREGNANT WHILE ON THIS MEDICATION" or a picture of a pregnant chick with a red circle and a line through it!!! haha. As if this is the first time we are hearing about how we arent supposed to get pregnant on accutane.

Man im glad i work today. I need to get the hell away from this computer. I dont want to accidently come across a negative accutane post and get scared!! Im gonna go play video games until its time for work (2:30-10:30) Ill update when i get home and let you guys know if im over my IB yet!! ;)

haha i know, its so hard to get the pills out of the fuckin package!! I finally started just taking them all out as soon as I get a new prescription refilled. Then I cut them out with scissors and put them in another prescription bottle & put them under the sink so they stay cool & dark.

at first i thought you meant you were going to play video games from 230 - 1030 lol

I need to renew my CNA's, I'm eligible to apply for my CNA II now that I've finished 2 semesters of nursing school... but IDK if I'll have any time these next three semesters to even work? I need the money, and it would look good on my resume, but I really don't want to fail out of nursing school because I feel like I have to work more than study... You know how nursing homes work too... you tell them you only wanna work certain days, and then some slack ass calls in (yet again) and they call you and you feel like you can't say no. I have plenty of time this summer, but by the time I found a job, got trained, and all that crap, summer would be nearly over.

ugh I guess I'll just stay as a babysitter LOL...

I can't believe you actually start today! finally!! I took my pill with some butter on my muffin this morning... but I think the butters like fat free or light or something haha

steph

Day 1

Thanks to all you guys that are visiting my log. I need to now someone out there is in this with me!!! :)

Firefly: As for the prednisone, yes it really works wonders, but im not sure how long you can be on it while your on tane. Like i said my derm only gave me 10 days worth of it and I started taking it two days before tane so i will only be on it for 8 days while im on tane. I think all in all its best to just take accutane by itself without anything else, but i was really concerned about the ib and my derm said since my acne was so infllammed it would be a good idea to put me on a short course of prednisone.

******Just took my first pill!! ummm okay what the hell? I thought this stuff was supposed to clear my skin. It still looks exactly the same!!! Fuck this. I'm going back to pro-active.

haha but for real, I LOVE how like every square inch of the sotret packaging is covered with either "DO NOT GET PREGNANT WHILE ON THIS MEDICATION" or a picture of a pregnant chick with a red circle and a line through it!!! haha. As if this is the first time we are hearing about how we arent supposed to get pregnant on accutane.

Man im glad i work today. I need to get the hell away from this computer. I dont want to accidently come across a negative accutane post and get scared!! Im gonna go play video games until its time for work (2:30-10:30) Ill update when i get home and let you guys know if im over my IB yet!! ;)

Hurrah for starting! I'm with Stephie, it was about 2 days of digging those pills out of the package before I just cut it apart and put them in one of those weekly pill holders. Great minds, right?

Hey shellbell, I don't know if you caught my post on another accutane message board, but when you go off the prednisone don't flip out if you get a little fever or something, the accutane isn't killing you. I took prednisone longer than you did and had bad withdrawal symptoms (you can google "prednisone withdrawal" for more info). You might not even feel anything just being on 10 days, but I know you are nervous about the side effects so I just wanted to put that out there.

Later gator!

I agree, 10 days shouldn't be that bad, especially where you're taking a half dose the last 5 days. Usually if one's on steroids for long periods they have to be "weined" off it b/c it does have nasty with drawl side effects

Yay your first day!

I just wanted to add that besides the nasty withdrawal prednisone really shouldn't be taken for long periods of time while on accutane because it increases your risk of losing bone density.

Im only gonna be on the prednisone for 7 more days. It seems pretty hardcore, i mean not only am i noticing a differene in my skin but it seems to be making me in a better mood?? I dont know...i guess im glad im not gonna be on it for too much longer, i dont want it to cause any problems...i just want to help somewhat with the IB.

Anywho im nearing the end of my first day on accutane (well sotret). Cant say i really noticed a damn thing today. My throat did seem a little dry regardless of the almost 3 liters of water i drank (i probly peed 25 times today!!) I'm not sure if that is a side effect of the accutane or a side effect of me being paranoid about the accutane and taking every little tiny tihng im experiencing and saying its from the tane.

Health wise today was incredibly successful!!! I stuck to my vegan diet and i went to the gym after work. I literally havent worked out in like 4 months so i played it safe. I jsut did 30 minutes on the treadmill...jogged for about 7 minutes and walked the rest. I dont want to go too hardcore until i see how the acutane affects me.

oh and i forgot to mention i weighed myself this morning and im 173. I want to loose 5lbs this week!!!

Okay, I decided I am only going to post once a week. Well for now anyways. This web site is driving me crazy!! I keep coming across negative accutane posts and its irritating me so im just gonna get on here once a week (on Mondays) and post how im doing.

Nikkia: Heck yea! my skin was oily, it got to the point where the oil would get in my eyes and I wore contacts so it was really aggravating...it is normal now, lol.

Shellbellx: Fish oil is Omega 3-6-9 or just one of the numbers (different fishes, lol)...I do not know about the vitamin E (I actually stop taking that like a month ago but only b/c I have not brought more). Again, I do not know about the Centrum...you should talk to your doctor about this stuff, they know this stuff the best and have prob already been asked. You can also do your own research...that is what I do, never rely on information from random bloggers, always backed up what they say.

Oh, biotin is a sort of Vitamin B....it for the hair and random bloggers include ME! Stay positive....soon we will not even remember we had bad skin!