Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am sitting here and thinking, asking myself that same question over and over again, "What if I didn't have acne? How would my life be right now?" I think back to all the choices I made in life revolving around my acne. I can picture it right now and see how different things would turn out to be. I wouldn't be in this shit hole that I am in now...

I've recently dropped out of school because, I couldn't take it anymore being around other people. I could concentrate at school, or bother to do my work anymore. I was suppose to graduate this year and look forward to all the grad events but, acne stopped me.

It has been weeks now since the last time I went outside. I have lost contact with all my friends. The only thing that keeps me distracted and happy is television shows, movies, and video games.

I just don't know how long I can continue this. I am currently just over 2 months in my Accutane course and I still have a long way to go. I just hope that I can pull through.

Dud I kno how you feel. Your just in a little period of deppression. Just bite the bullet and ride through it. Hope you feel better

Guest Chrisâ„¢

I just want to let you know from personal experience, try not to think about the "what if's". That shit will eat you alive, and nothing good comes from it. Will thinking like that bring your old complexion back? No, it will most likely just make you break out more. Focus on your immediate future, even if it seems like there isn't one, make a plan, and make your own future. Keep in touch with your friends, that's probably one of the most important things you could do right now. Even if you look like the elephant man (I'm not saying you do, never seen you), you need to get back in touch with your friends a.s.a.p.. If they are real friends they won't mind about your acne, fuck the other ones if they do mind. Please don't lose your friends, that's the worst thing you could do.

We all know how you feel man...

I dropped out of college two semesters ago 'cause I just couldn't stand being around people with flawless skin. I've been dealing with this for about 3 years now and theres been LOTS and LOTS of what if's, that I try my hardest not to look back on. It's tough by you gotta be positive, no matter how negative you're feeling. Just try to relax, play some video games, drink your water, get your veggies and vitamins, and make sure you're taking zinc everyday. I bet you'll feel better. If you need someone to talk to, hit me up, I'm always around.

u can talk to me to dude...im kinda on the same boat

i had an amazin life before i got hit so bad with acne...i went out as much as possible...and i always thought my grades were kinda bad cuz i was havin too much fun... Now my grades are in the shithole completly cuz ALL i care about is like clear skin.. And i cant concentrate on my work EVEN WEN its jus like me and my parents at home..im constantly worryin bout the next day and shit.. and at school is torture..

but dude ur on accutane so i dont see y ur stil upset over ur acne.. ur on a pill that WILL clear u..its not like ur hoping it will (mino and doxy retin a and shit).

I really don't know what to say now. I still feel the same way but, I feel a bit relief from reading what you all had to say. I still continue to think about my acne. I think Accutane will do its job and I'm on my way to clear skin. But I think the real reason for my depression is for how things turned out to be for me. I just wish I could be stronger and just forget about it but, you can't when you can feel it on your face.

just to add on thuglife's post: be wary of accutane. Many people have had life long side effects which are rarely mentioned here. If you're not really positive on taking it then by all means dont. That's not to say that some people haven't gotten better with it. Just wanted to tell you and others that you shouldnt really praise it as a miracle drug cause many people regret having taken it for many years to a lifetime.

ps world keeps turning. Cliche but I recently found to be true - one day it won't be an issue anymore and you kind of climb out of the shit. It may take a while to get there and you have to work for it but at some point your world will seriously brighten and life will be worthwhile. Hang in. Fight.

I know about the effects of Accutane, but to be honest I rather go through it and have clear skin then to spend another day hiding. I had clear skin to the point where I was getting my life back together when it all came back within a month to hunt me.

No sense in looking back. Look forward. The world isn't coming to an end. Each day is a new beginning. There's no reason why today can't be a step towards the life you desire.

Just how you put it man...All the shit that you had to deal with, how things turned out. Man, growing up I felt so good looking, nice skin, nice hair, athletic...used to get girlfriends all the time. I'm 19 now, haven't had a girlfriend since I was a senior in highschool, and that was two years ago. I've kissed two girls since then...two girls. Recently I was seeing this younger girl in the highschool. I avoided her for a few days cause I had a REALLY bad breakout. Well I saw her when my skin cleared up, and then a few days later that was it. She went for some kid I know, and I haven't heard from her in almost two weeks. I feel so ugly all the time. Right now I'm dealing with tiny little pimples and whiteheads all over my face. It's driving me nuts and I don't know what to do. We're all in the same boat man, we just gotta relax and ride it out. =/

I am sitting here and thinking, asking myself that same question over and over again, "What if I didn't have acne? How would my life be right now?" I think back to all the choices I made in life revolving around my acne. I can picture it right now and see how different things would turn out to be. I wouldn't be in this shit hole that I am in now...

I've recently dropped out of school because, I couldn't take it anymore being around other people. I could concentrate at school, or bother to do my work anymore. I was suppose to graduate this year and look forward to all the grad events but, acne stopped me.

It has been weeks now since the last time I went outside. I have lost contact with all my friends. The only thing that keeps me distracted and happy is television shows, movies, and video games.

I just don't know how long I can continue this. I am currently just over 2 months in my Accutane course and I still have a long way to go. I just hope that I can pull through.

Hey Listen to me for real. I was in your shoes. My acne was terrible. I had psychological effects too, to the point where i went to doctors for it, wouldn't go near mirrors, sun light or outside. Two things you need to know.

1) Accutane will be the saving grace your looking for, but it wont clear your skin for a month or so. My acne didnt clear up till month 4. I know it seems like its not working, but out of no where it works, and it was worth the wait and pain.

2) PLEASE dont let this get to you so bad. Use this time to develop psychological strength. Affiliate with people you know are your deep friends because they will not judge you on something so aesthetically. Real people judge on the quality of a person, not what they look like. For real. As my doctor told me, think when your uncomfortable because you think people are looking only at your acne, think "this is my mind telling me this" Keep eye contact with people, it will slowly build your confidence. I posted a chart of my accutane experience over the months and the affects that it had clearing my skin up. I think its very useful and accurate. Email me if you want to discuss it at all.

Hang in there, accutane will clear you up, but you need to address some of the feelings you are experiencing, while you may think they are valid, they arent and the rationalization is leading you not to enjoy your life at the moment.

you're not alone; i switched schools because I couldn't handle everyone's flawless skin, perfect bodies, and my feelings of inferiority (not to mention the fact I got insulted too). Unfortunately for me, the school I'm currently in is home to even prettier girls with even clearer skin and even skinnier bodies. I feel even more inferior than I did before =( I go out pretty often, but I always feel like the group member people just keep around to make themselves feel better. I can't really relate to them when they brag about their truly blessed lives, the new size zero jeans they just bought, their boyfriends, etc. I can't offer advice that I don't follow myself, but I hope it can be a bit of a comfort that you are certainly not alone (even though it probably feels like it).

you're not alone; i switched schools because I couldn't handle everyone's flawless skin, perfect bodies, and my feelings of inferiority (not to mention the fact I got insulted too). Unfortunately for me, the school I'm currently in is home to even prettier girls with even clearer skin and even skinnier bodies. I feel even more inferior than I did before =( I go out pretty often, but I always feel like the group member people just keep around to make themselves feel better. I can't really relate to them when they brag about their truly blessed lives, the new size zero jeans they just bought, their boyfriends, etc. I can't offer advice that I don't follow myself, but I hope it can be a bit of a comfort that you are certainly not alone (even though it probably feels like it).

I switched schools too only because my parents moved and I thought it would give me an excuse to avoid my real friends and tell them that I'm very busy. Then I dropped out of my new school cause I couldn't take it anymore. I know I'm hurting myself by staying home but, I'm not ready to leave my home yet.

Narcissus have u ever heard of prednisone? its some shit that u can take while on accutane that like for sure clears ur skin in like 6 or 8 days or something. Its only temporary tho..but u can go on it for like a whole month max with clear skin. The reason i'm tellin u this is by the time ur off the prednisone ur accutane will have prolly kicked in. cuz once u go off prednisone it will prolly come back.. Unless ur accutane has kicked in.. And even if it hasnt FULLY kicked in it will to some point where u wont get a bad breakout im sure

That's something each person that has suffered with bad acne has most likely gone through. And the incredible frustration at how very long it takes. We have so much incredible technology in this world, yet we can't cure red bumps? >.< I know it's more difficult to fix than I just made it sound, but hey! What I did when I got down is I just used it to test myself. To test how much crap I could take. I wouldn't assure myself, I would TELL myself that this is nothing. This is just some obstacle in my way that the solution to it is patience and that eventually I will tear through that obstacle as if it were never in my way.

Tear through it.