Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
makemebetter

How much do guys REALLY care about girls with acne&scars?

I'll be honest.

To me, your scaring is noticeable, mildly, but thats coming from someone on an acne scaring forum. This might not be the best place to add.

You are certainly a pretty girl and lots of girls are sad not because they have some minor indentations in their skin but because they are either plain or ugly, so be happy about that.

Have you ever thought of dermabrasion, or some kind of scar treatment? It won't get rid of them completely, but I had some minor scaring and through certain methods I got an improvement in my scars that allowed me to feel good about myself.

So what if your skin isn't perfect.. there are many people out there with *flawless* complexions yet are nothing special to look at! (no offense to them) You, however, are BEAUTIFUL.. Own it!

I just try to not look in mirrors when there are fluorescent lights and try to avoid the obsession of taking pictures, looking at them, and deleting them and then feeling sad.

Yes, fluorescent lights should be banned!! I am on a crusade against them! I went so far as to complain to my gym about the crappy lighting after they replaced the warm incandescent with the horrendous new fluorescent lights. Lighting is SO important because it's the shadow that makes the scars visible. I have found that using Smashbox's anti-shine/anti-brilliance product really gives me a matte look that reduces in a subtle way the effect of the bad lighting.

About the question at hand... how much do people care about the scars? In my experience, much less than you yourself probably do. The real harm with the scarring is what it does to our confidence... how it holds us back from doing something that we think will lead to us being mocked/rejected because of the scars. So much of it is psychological, and getting past the confidence problems will help you out a lot.

i don't care, cuz i have it so bad, when i do see a gu yi empathise with him ,and i have only ever seen 2 random girls with scarring and i wanted to be their friend :s

YES, that is so true. I have seen many attractive people with scarring. I either want to be their friend or just comfort them and tell them not to worry. They are attractive to me (the scarring really isn't a problem in how I see them), but I bet there is a good chance they feel like I do about myself at times, in that they think they just look horrible with the scarring.

Its fine...

EVERYONE likes someone better if they have a few flaws rather than being 100% perfect.

Also you wouldn't want to be with someone who is that shallow that they wont like you because of a few scars.

The only scars I see are on your forehead and one on the side and honestly if thats the extent of your scarring then I would say it's like you have a couple scars mixed in with normal skin which would make your skin NORMAL. Now I do understand how paranoid we can be cause I myself am paranoid alot and other times not so much. From your photos I don't think guys or girls are going to see your skin as scarred so I don't think it's going to be a deal breaker for anyone.

If I'm being completely honest, then yes, I do find girls with scarring and acne to be less attractive than those without. It's just a fact of life; perfect skin is attractive.

It is generally accepted that men are much more concerned with physical appearance than women are. This is the unfortunate reality despite what people in this thread indicate.

That being said, I think you're actually very pretty... You have beautiful eyes and you look like you take good care of yourself. This is really just a moot point anyway, because if you're on Accutane then your acne will be pretty much completely gone within 6 months and your scars will fade over time.

You should consider yourself lucky. Aside from minor skin problems, you've been blessed with good looks. You'll have no problem with finding guys in the future. :)

I'm a fairly average looking guy I think. You'll find pics of me in the link in my signature if you want to know where this opinion is coming from.

I feel so ugly with my scars, pimples and huge pores but alot of people find me attractive. Its kind of hard to believe. I do wear make up to cover up though. I guess thats our flaw, acne, but people overlook it :) My friends even suggested that I should enter Pageants. Lol. I wanted to tell them that cant you see the huge pores on my skin. Alot of guys think Im pretty and cute. I looked at your picture and you are beautiful. Use make-up to hide everything. I know how oily make-up can feel in the nights. But its worth it :)
This is the unfortunate reality despite what people in this thread indicate.

Or maybe they just don't share your opinion.

No doubt that's true in some cases, but many people probably fear offending the OP or hurting her self-esteem.

You really can't deny that:

a) men are more appearance-oriented than women are (it's a fact of evolution I'm afraid) and;

b) scars and acne contribute to a less desirable appearance for most people (also a scientific fact based on symmetry and perceived health)

(To the OP: I'm not suggesting you're unattractive at all; please read my previous post.)

No doubt that's true in some cases, but many people probably fear offending the OP or hurting her self-esteem.

Several posters have mentioned that although they don't personally care, there are men who want a perfect looking partner and it will matter to them. You're clearly one of those people. Not everyone is, though. I think most people are being truthful without being hurtful.

i actually think guys are less superficial than girls, to be honest. guys aren't supposed to be into the whole cosmetic "hows my skin look?' scene, but girls are more prone to pick out deformities in others' skin. trust me. i've seen a lot more guys dating girls with scarring than vice versa. most guys don't really care.

we don't see what you see in the mirror or pictures, to you it looks 100 times whose then what it its, we are our own worst enemy. whenever i look at myself in the mirror i see huge spots and scars and every time i ask somebody if my scars are noticeable they say what scar they can't even see the scars, its all physiological, no matter if you have clear skin under bad lightning all skin looks bad, and like everybody said you are pretty so own it.

I actually think you are quite beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to have you. I understand what you mean about the greasy skin and gross makeup at the end of the day. I have tried everything to keep my makeup on to no avail. Anyway, you are truly beautiful. I mean it.

ya Im worried it will never be over becuase even if accutane helps I will be left with scars......I hate going to the "derm" becuase they think Im a freak and hate me im pretty sure.....but I know I might have to go bakc many times do get stupid scar treatments that barely even work and cost too much......mabye IM being a little negative, I dont know

i actually think guys are less superficial than girls, to be honest. guys aren't supposed to be into the whole cosmetic "hows my skin look?' scene, but girls are more prone to pick out deformities in others' skin. trust me. i've seen a lot more guys dating girls with scarring than vice versa. most guys don't really care.

This is very true, many women i've met are very shallow and the whole notion of them not is an utter fallacy. Although there are a few exceptions, in general, females are just as vain. The sad thing is if shallow women claim to look at a man's heart rather than their physical features than how come they don't date them?I've dated women who had acne scars and it didn't bother me one bit because they were really down to earth and didn't believe the whole world revolve around themselves.

ya Im worried it will never be over becuase even if accutane helps I will be left with scars......I hate going to the "derm" becuase they think Im a freak and hate me im pretty sure.....but I know I might have to go bakc many times do get stupid scar treatments that barely even work and cost too much......mabye IM being a little negative, I dont know

Sorry but sometimes you have to take the lesser of two evils. Would you rather have recurring recalcitrant acne or have some scarring with acne that is in remission? I too was in your position, but I realized acne isn't the worst thing in this world and it's really all in one's head.

Basically, I just want your opinions. The main reason why I hate my face is because it looks all dented, with huge pores, oily, and not smooth. It's yuck :sick: Can anyone answer this question though?: How much do guys REALLY care about girls with acne and acne scars/red marks? Yes, this includes you "popular" guys too!

I'm still wearing the makeup I've been wearing all day (it's 8pm now) so my face is kinda greasy and the makeup is a little worn off obviously. I hate the way makeup makes my skin look when I wear it for a long time! All bumpy and the pores are sooo obvious. It's gross and I hope Accutane will take care of this at least a little. Would this make you "judge" me at all?:

post-97409-1241655062_thumb.jpg

Yeah it's a bad picture, you can't see what it REALLY looks like b/c I'm using my mac. I hateee my skin under bad lighting! (You know what I mean!)

you're hot!!! and i see you're from michigan. as am i :dance: You look 100% good. Dont be to hard on yourself.

I wonder the exact same thing about how much girls care about that with guys. From my standpoint, I am one to look at a girls face before any other body feature, so it does matter to me. However, I think it depends on the severity of the acne/scars. I know when my acne is worse I don't have the confidence I would usually have and therefore that may have an effect on how girls look at me as well, so keep that in mind. Also I know girls with perfect skin, but horrible personalities, and am not attracted to them either.