Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, iwant to share something I'm very concerned about. You see, every summer I visit my friends and family in Maine. Last time I was there, I was totally acne free. But now I've been hit hard with acne, and i don't know how i'll be able to deal with it. I don't know how I can see all these people and know that they're thinking, "Wow, his face got bad." I have some of the best times of my life up there, I don't want those taken away by acne. an someone help me? :(

wow, i'm in the same exact situation as you.

i moved back in august and am planning to see my friends and family in my old state this summer.

i'm really scared to go back, i'm super worried about what they'll think.

the only plan i have is to just not go back all together, but i'm scared that some of my best friends and close family will get angry.

just keep up with your skincare routine, that's all you can do.

unless we find a miracle product that can clear acne up super fast, there's nothing else.;/.

You can't control what they will think. They will figure it's just a breakout. I always thought your family should be the last people to worry about. In my experience, they've been the most supportive. Family loves you unconditionally.

Enjoy yourself while you're there; you'll get into it so much that you'll forget about your skin! Your skin will be the last thing on your mind while you're out having fun with your family and friends.

I feel you. Last summer when I went to Texas to visit family, I thought my skin was bad, but looking back? No way. I'd kill for that old skin. And now I'm going to see them in a few months again and I'm totally stressed because I look like shit.

I hate this, just finished Accutane a while ago and my acne has decided it wants to come back before my red marks have even had a chance to fade. FML.

My father is very supportive. (sarcasm) he will randomly tell me "your face looks better..." or "Have you been washing your face?"

He's trying to help I think. My mother is helpful though. She will buy all these products for me. (which is still minorly insulting when she gives me a birthday present of SKINCARE. But still, she knows how much it matters to me and I love that she wants to help)

And my sister. She's in the bathroom SCREAMING about her one whitehead and it really ticks me off. One day I went into the kitchen for breakfast and she's like "omgod that pimple is really big"

thats a tough one, only you can decide wheter or not you will go, if you dont want to go Im sure they'll understand, if you are all close then you should consider going though, at the end of the day though buddy its your call.