Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I've been on the regime all this while (close to a year) but recently, my skin turned reallly realllllyy sensitive. (it flakes, it itches after I moisturize and reddens up soo badly, it last for the next 24 hours).

I don't know what happen... but at least I know it's the time to change my current moisturizer now, and cleanser, if needed. I need something affordable as well as... I think I'll go with something organic as well but I'm not good with organic products, so I need your views and recommendation.

I was thinking about the products from these places: The Body Shop/The Face Shop/The Skin Food. (probably one of this name rings a bell to you)

The current moisturizer I'm using at the moment is Vichy Normaderm (I don't know if you heard of it before..) and really, it doesn't show any effects that it claimed it will have on the product (but duh.. of course... it's probably advertising gimmick or something :think:). It's expensive for a student like me as well.. :confused:

My skin is senstive now and is probable in a messed up combo at the moment, I see oily and dry skin in the same area at the same time --- which is really horrible!

I'm sorry for posting something so much.. but I really want to hear some advice and suggestion from all of you who read this post.. thank you so much!

hi

I use levera cleanser, toner and moisturiser which is all organic.

I get mine from a health food shop but you can get them online and ebay as well.

mine are for normal skin as i wanted something gentle.

i dont think they do a lot to help the spots but they smell nice and i wanted something gentle and organic while im using Retin A gel and taking tablets.

hi

I use levera cleanser, toner and moisturiser which is all organic.

I get mine from a health food shop but you can get them online and ebay as well.

mine are for normal skin as i wanted something gentle.

i dont think they do a lot to help the spots but they smell nice and i wanted something gentle and organic while im using Retin A gel and taking tablets.

ahh i see, thanks :)

I have been looking at mercola.com recently and I started reading about their USDA Certified organic skin care products the other night. I became very interested! Especially when I started reading the list of ingredients in their products and their purpose. I have never tried organic skin care and I was wondering if anyone reading this has tried mercola's skin care line?

Currently I use Lancome: gel oil-free cleanser (Clarifiance), toner (Pure Focus), and moisturizer (Pure Focus). Also something from BareVitamins (BareMinerals) called "skin rev-er upper."

I was comparing prices to what I currently used and mercolas moisturizer is the same price I pay at Lancome, but the toner and cleanser is twice as much from mercola.

Until May13th thought, mercola is having a sale on his products so you can buy the cleanser, day moisturizer, night moisturizer, exfoliater, anti-aging serum, and toner for $99. Plus you get some DVD thing ($50 value) and some hand wash or something. Also, until May 12th, there is no shipping for orders over $50. He gives a 90-day guarantee so if you don't care for it, send it back! I think it's a pretty good deal so I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you guys know what I think of it!

I'm actually on organic products for the past year. I would say it takes a bit of trial and error to find the right one for you.

Renew oil balancing cleanser is currently my favourite. Organic, smells great, skin is very smooth after cleansing. I have the habit of massaging the cleanser on my face for a few minutes before rinsing (to remove the loose powder) and it helps to remove some whiteheads as well. The whiteheads will come off by itself sometimes. :P

Moisturiser wise, I'm using Skin Revival's serum (especially for young and oily skin) which is not bad I would say. But the herbal smell is quite strong. Doesn't aggravate my acne which is a plus but it doesn't fade scars. I have tried A'Kin's moisturiser as well. It's good (the fading scars part is fantastic) but not for me, it gives me lots of black and white heads.

I think A'Kin is a good brand of organic products if you find the right products for yourself.

Anyway, whichever brand it is, I feel that organic products are much better. It calms down the redness for me. My cheeks always looks like I've put on blusher 24/7. >_<