Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well i ahve been on roaccutane for 3 weeks now, i was due to see the derm next week but they were booked up so i had to go yesterday, they have upped my meds from 40mg to 75mg, i had to have another pee sample, they are doing these even though i have been sterilised 7 years, and asked how i am getting on, i forgot to mention for the last week i have had really bad headaches everyday, sometimes a general hungover feeling, other times a real pounding head.

Apart from that and the dry skin i am ok, spots are worse, i look like someone could do a dot to dot on me lol, makeup doesnt look good with the dry skin, so i am having to suffer not covering them up with foundation.

Anyway i have decided that i dont want to go from 40 to 75 all in one go, so i am doing a week at 55, then a week at 60, then the 75, would you say this is ok, as i wasnt told to do this, i am just being over cautious.

I was told my HB..full blood count was slightly low, apart from that all is well so far, cant wait for the spots to calm down though as i get cysts type ones.

Michelle

Anyway i have decided that i dont want to go from 40 to 75 all in one go, so i am doing a week at 55, then a week at 60, then the 75, would you say this is ok, as i wasnt told to do this, i am just being over cautious.

I think it is your body, and you are entitled to err on the side of caution.

However ..... I also feel very strongly that your doctor needs to know what you are doing. Your records should be accurate, and your doctor should be making decisions based on accurate information.

Perhaps a good way to handle this would be to keep a chart of dates and dosages, and explain it to your doctor at your next appointment.