Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kizmatica

Did anyone have a commanding dad you were scared of when you were younger?

I recently went to have 'bowen technique' a sort of acupuncture emotional release... and she asked me questions, and one of which was what was my relationship like with my parents growing up.

Whilst I love my dad, I did go through (and still do) the whole of my childhood being scared of not doing what he says in fear of being screamed at or smacked. I mean, he could get REALLY angry. Basically if you didn't do what he said, or in any way question him, you would know about it.

Thats still the case today, but I have a load of other things to deal with now.

But there has to be a root cause to all of this, so I am starting to think this 'fear' didn't help growing up

Kieran

im 17 and im still scared of my dad. He's very controlling and gets angry and basically blames everything on me. He doesn't let me do anything at all. I'm not allowed to go anywhere but school and home and recently I just started working and he has to see my weeks schedule to make sure I'm really going to work. He literally drops me off and picks me up from every place and questions me if i'm a minute late... He treats my older and younger sisters SO much better than me and it's not all in my head. Its very obvious. Anyway my point is that he's caused a lot of stress in my life and is a main reason i have no confidence. I can't blame him for the acne but I know he's been a contributing factor with how bad its gotten. He also refuses to take me to the dermatologist even though I've been begging since I was 10. It only keeps getting worse. :cry: ...Luckily I'm turning 18 and even though hes forbidding me from going to college and moving out, i'm still going to leave. He payed for my sister to move out and go to college when she graduated and he even bought her a car. He won't take me to get a permit even if I offer to pay. I really can't stand to be around him any longer. Or my mom because she doesn't stand up for me. Its just too much stress.

im 17 and im still scared of my dad. He's very controlling and gets angry and basically blames everything on me. He doesn't let me do anything at all. I'm not allowed to go anywhere but school and home and recently I just started working and he has to see my weeks schedule to make sure I'm really going to work. He literally drops me off and picks me up from every place and questions me if i'm a minute late... He treats my older and younger sisters SO much better than me and it's not all in my head. Its very obvious. Anyway my point is that he's caused a lot of stress in my life and is a main reason i have no confidence. I can't blame him for the acne but I know he's been a contributing factor with how bad its gotten. He also refuses to take me to the dermatologist even though I've been begging since I was 10. It only keeps getting worse. :cry: ...Luckily I'm turning 18 and even though hes forbidding me from going to college and moving out, i'm still going to leave. He payed for my sister to move out and go to college when she graduated and he even bought her a car. He won't take me to get a permit even if I offer to pay. I really can't stand to be around him any longer. Or my mom because she doesn't stand up for me. Its just too much stress.

OMG f all that. pack and leave! i don't think anyone deserves to be treated like that @ home.

you only get one real dad im not saying he's wright in how he makes you fell but your 18yrs old be a adult & tell him how you fell i promise he'll have a lot more respect for you are slap you around a bit. eather way you get it off your chest

He's most certainly not right when it comes to emotionally abusing you. I'm not sure to the extent of your home life, but my dad was one of those as well. Except alcoholism was involved so that was more to be at fault for his behavior.

Anyways, I've never heard of acne being related to childhood stressors, but I suppose it could be linked in some sense. It's an interesting theory I suppose, but one I don't think is very valid. Unless the stress is still carried over to your day to day self.

I don't really have a Dad, my parents divorced when I was a little boy. I still love my dad, we talk on the phone and all. anyways, I strongly believe acne is genetic. It sucks that I have acne but I have other cousins who don't have it and I have some who does.

One of my cousins who has acne is incredibly rich. he has a Mercedes benz and everything. So, it made me happy because I found out the cause of my acne, it's simply genetic