Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Retrolicious

Does anyone else that's very fair have a hard time finding a matching foundation??

I also have light skin and some red spots around my chin area which are quite bothersome! Many foundations/concealers tend to be too pink or yellow which is frustrating.

What I finally did was go to Ulta and I asked an associate to help me find the right shade. A lot of the big makeup/body care stores will sit down with you and let you try a bunch of different ones which is great so we don't have to keep buying and returning the wrong shades!

I ended up buying perfecting concealer by Stila in shade a 02 and I just dab it onto my red spots. It's $21 for a small tube but definitely worth it for the confidence it gives me. I'm much less self-conscience :)

Yeah wearing makeup and covering any blemishes really boosts my confidence. I think as long as you use foundation catered towards oily/acne prone skin, makeup is a fantastic thing!

Have you guys heard of Girls Aloud? They've got a ginger member that made a whole foundation line for very pale girls, supposedly it's pretty good and has significantly lighter shades you can't find elsewhere. I think it's only available in the UK, though, through Jelly Pong Pong. I know this because I watched an hour-long special on Girls Aloud + their aspirations. Lame. I'm American, so there is no excuse.

I didnt know bout that but yea I know the girl ya mean, Nicola is her name isnt it? Yea she tried for a few years to do the fake tan thing but she's embraced her gingerness and paleness and I think she's looking really well these days, like a pretty doll. And its cool seeing someone do something a bit different too.

i have the weirdest complexion ever lol. i've got pink undertones yellow undertones, even a lil olive. i consider myself fair-medium but i've had so many SA's match me to colors in practically every family even though i don't change color much at all (scared to death of real tanning). it's kind of nice but whatever i wear will bring out that particular undertone. the SA at the mac counter convinced me i had too much yellow in my skin and buying an NW (that's neutral warm for all you non mac junkies) was the way to go. as soon as i started wearing it everyone commented on all the extra pink in my skin -__________- now i'm extra cautious of pink undertones!

every one in my family makes fun of me because i'm so light compared to them all. my dad is eastern european and my mom is puerto rican/mexican. no idea why i am this fair lol!

I use the Maybelline Pure Makeup for light skin. It's great. Since it's 50% water and oil free its really light on the skin and doesn't clog the pores.

I pretty much love it :D

i have the weirdest complexion ever lol. i've got pink undertones yellow undertones, even a lil olive. i consider myself fair-medium but i've had so many SA's match me to colors in practically every family even though i don't change color much at all (scared to death of real tanning). it's kind of nice but whatever i wear will bring out that particular undertone. the SA at the mac counter convinced me i had too much yellow in my skin and buying an NW (that's neutral warm for all you non mac junkies) was the way to go. as soon as i started wearing it everyone commented on all the extra pink in my skin -__________- now i'm extra cautious of pink undertones!

every one in my family makes fun of me because i'm so light compared to them all. my dad is eastern european and my mom is puerto rican/mexican. no idea why i am this fair lol!

I know what you mean! My dad is super tan since he's Italian and my mom's natural color isnt nearly as fair as mine so I have no idea why I'm so pale. People always ask me how I manage to stay so white living in Florida -_- But staying out of the sun is the best thing you can do to minimize skin cancer and wrinkles, you only technically need 15 minutes of sun exposure a day for vitamins.

I use the Maybelline Pure Makeup for light skin. It's great. Since it's 50% water and oil free its really light on the skin and doesn't clog the pores.

I pretty much love it :D

I second this makeup. I always end up going back to this. I used the #1 shade for a while, and surprisingly found this TOO light (and I am ghostly pale)! I bumped myself up to #3 which is...perfect! I skipped #2 because it seems their colours alternate between "pink" base and "yellow" base. Numbers 1 and 3 are pink toned, number 2 is light but yellow toned.

Avon do a very pale foundation called Ivory in the UK. I bought their Personal Match Smooth Mineral Makeup Powder in this particular colour, but it was too pale! I then bought a much darker one off eBay and added it to the ivory and now it's okay!

I'm really pale, even by British standards. I would say Avon's 'ivory' colour, is really more suited to redheads.

Have you guys heard of Girls Aloud? They've got a ginger member that made a whole foundation line for very pale girls, supposedly it's pretty good and has significantly lighter shades you can't find elsewhere. I think it's only available in the UK, though, through Jelly Pong Pong. I know this because I watched an hour-long special on Girls Aloud + their aspirations. Lame. I'm American, so there is no excuse.

I'm super pale! I use Max Factor Lasting Performance in the 001 colour. It's okay, but I need to put on quite a lot to get good coverage and then it makes me look extra ghostly. I used to hate being so pale but now I pretty much love it. When I was in America, though, I used to get endless teasing about it. :(