Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OCDcomplex

Bruise-like bumps after cyst popped? WTF is this??

For some reason, it seems that shaving causes me to break out, so I decided to stop shaving for several months while I worked on getting my acne under control. After weeks of being acne free, I decided that I couldn't take it anymore and shaved. For some reason, the following days I had cystic pimples popping up on my cheeks but far away from where I shaved (really don't get how that happens, but onto the point of this post...)

Every day after waking up I find that some cysts had exploded in my sleep and there was blood dried up all around it. The heads of the cysts disappeared but I was left with large elevated bumps that look like bruises. Could someone explain what these are? I'm REALLY paranoid that these will become permanent scars.

Also, are cysts supposed to bleed after exploding? I couldn't really identify what else it was (maybe a nodule)

its probably swollen... use tea tree oil or icing technique to bring it down!. personally, i use tea tree oil.

and yes cysts bleed after they pop.