Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr. matt

Day 50 - Post Subcision/TCA Cross Method Update

any updates?

My other post contains the most recent information.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/search.ht...sult_type=posts

I took my youngest son to my dermatologist yesterday for a light treatment to help him with his acne.

I had not seen him in a year since my Pearl Fractional Laser treatment. He took one look at my face and said "Remarkable"!

He also mentioned a new laser that he just purchased that is designed to remove tatoos but shows remarkable promise for acne scar sufferers. He wrote down the name of the laser for me:

Q Switchem YAG Con Bio Revlite.

He said that there is virtually no down time and that it goes quite deep into the dermis to generate collagen.

At this point in time, I look back at my photos and say, 'Wow, was that really me?'

I have three scars at this point in time that I would like to have treated during a fourth round of subcision. All of the other scars responded very well and I have a much smoother complexion today - not perfect, but much smoother.

I am currently reading a book entitled "Your Skin, Younger" and it talks about the importance of good nutrition if you want to have better skin. Basically, you are what you eat.

If I go back for a fourth round of subcision, I won't do it until the Spring of 2011 and I'll take another week of vacation so that the bruising and swelling can subside. I may consider having my dermatologist administer this new type of laser in conjunction with the subcision.

In any event, I wish all of you tremendous success on your journey to better skin - never give up.

its been years... glad to hear that subcision and pearl laser worked out for you, Mr. Matt. Because of you and a couple others with rolling scars on this board, I now know that subcision is the ideal treatment for rolling scars (esp. when combine with other treatments).

I also researched and realized that subcision and filler works well. the filler will keep the the skin/dermis from re-attaching to the fat, therefore keeps the skin elevated at skin level.

Thanks again for sharing all of your experience and pictures.

any updates?

I took my youngest son to my dermatologist yesterday for a light treatment to help him with his acne.

I had not seen him in a year since my Pearl Fractional Laser treatment. He took one look at my face and said "Remarkable"!

He also mentioned a new laser that he just purchased that is designed to remove tatoos but shows remarkable promise for acne scar sufferers. He wrote down the name of the laser for me:

He said that there is virtually no down time and that it goes quite deep into the dermis to generate collagen.

At this point in time, I look back at my photos and say, 'Wow, was that really me?'

I have three scars at this point in time that I would like to have treated during a fourth round of subcision. All of the other scars responded very well and I have a much smoother complexion today - not perfect, but much smoother.

I am currently reading a book entitled "Your Skin, Younger" and it talks about the importance of good nutrition if you want to have better skin. Basically, you are what you eat.

If I go back for a fourth round of subcision, I won't do it until the Spring of 2011 and I'll take another week of vacation so that the bruising and swelling can subside. I may consider having my dermatologist administer this new type of laser in conjunction with the subcision.

In any event, I wish all of you tremendous success on your journey to better skin - never give up.

any updates?

I just wanted to say thanks! Your journey has been an inspiration to me, and for many others. Your pics are actually the first ones I encountered when I joined the site. I used to get so down and cry everyday until I found your story of success. It gave me so much hope, so much that I actually looked at them when I started to feel down on certain days! LOL But it helped, and now I know that with a little patience and perseverance, we can work to improve our scarring. I actually made an appt w/your derm as I live about 3 hours away!! I'm so excited to see what options he will suggest.

Congrats!!

Edited by Hopeful~

I'm seriously going to fly down there in 2 years to fix mine too! ( 2 years because i want to wait til' i'm done with school) : )

I think it's hard to find doctors i trust with subcision, but matt's doctor is one of the ones I trust.

Heck yeah!! Good luck to you! My first appt is Dec 15th, so I'm hoping for the best. The only thing is that I hope my acne stays under control!!