Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I have a wedding this weekend and need to cover up some red marks left over from old pimples.

Now, I'm a guy and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Should I be looking for a concealer?

Looking for something that is oil-free of course.

There's a Bloomingdales/Saks near me, should I be embarassed about stopping at one of the make-up booths and asking? :cool:

if you're comfortable wearing makeup, that's a great place to start.

if you're not comfortable wearing makeup and don't want people to know that you're wearing it, don't do that. they will try to sell you on a bunch of things and the more you wear, people WILL be able to twell, even if a "natural look" is advertised.

best thing to do is go for a tinted moisturizer. maybe neutrogena healthy skin enhancer; there's only a couple of shades so you can't go wrong. you won't get total coverage but you'll look better. or buy some almay liquid foundation & mix it with face lotion & apply.

my advice is to visit a makeup counter if you're a true beginner to makeup. a makeup artist there will help you find a shade that closely matches your skin and also help you find a product that will fit your needs. make sure to let him/her know you're looking for something that isn't very complicated and that will look natural.

a good concealer and/or tinted moisturizer will usually give the most natural results. but - a correct color match is critical, which is why I recommend going to an actual counter and asking them for help.

bloomingdales and saks have a wide variety of makeup lines. MAC, NARS, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Clinique. I would personally head to either Clinique, Bobbi Brown, or Laura Mercier. overall these three tend to have better options when it comes to concealer/foundation/tinted moisturizers.

let us know if you have any more questions.

edittt - and because we've had several of these threads lately, i thought i'd post the link to this youtube video about natural makeup for men. just for reference and to show you the basics (prepping skin/concealer/powder). you don't have to do the blush/eyelashes part if you don't want to =]

this video is also quite good.