Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
droppen

Dry skin post-Accutane

im about 1 year post accutane now and my skin is still dry. Im really hoping it gets back to normal even if it takes 4years. I work in the sun and my face is beat red after everyday just from being outside. Its really annoying to say the least

Yeah, my skin is more sun sensitive then before too.

Do you mean something special with it taking just 4 years for the skin to get back to normal?

Im just hoping my skin eventually gets back to normal and 4-5 years seems like a time frame thats realistic to me.

Droppen, the only safe, effective thing which i feel can help your dryness is gamma linoleic acid from borage oil. Check out www.iherb.com and get some borage oil containing 240 mg of gamma linoleic acid and take two per day (one morning one night). Give it several months and you should see some improvement in dryness.

Droppen, the only safe, effective thing which i feel can help your dryness is gamma linoleic acid from borage oil. Check out www.iherb.com and get some borage oil containing 240 mg of gamma linoleic acid and take two per day (one morning one night). Give it several months and you should see some improvement in dryness.

After doing some reading about borage oil I must say it sounds interesting.

Have you tried it yourself?

I live in Sweden so hope to find a place to order from online.

Droppen,

Listen to Lammar he's helped alot of people on here and he was hit pretty hard himself by accutane and has come a long way in trying help his problems.

Try and stay away from fat soluble vitiman A too.

Thanks lammar, I am going have to try this stuff for some of my dryness.

Droppen,

Listen to Lammar he's helped alot of people on here and he was hit pretty hard himself by accutane and has come a long way in trying help his problems.

Try and stay away from fat soluble vitiman A too.

Thanks lammar, I am going have to try this stuff for some of my dryness.

Yeah, I really appreciate the tips too.

I found this site among others when I did a quick search of "borage oil dry skin". Borage Oil

I also found a product on a swedish site with 350 mg borage oil per capsle, but it didn´t say anything about how much GLA was in it, like I could see on www.iherb.com.

Is there any specific brand you´ve tried lamarr1986?

I too suffer from dry skin, 6 years after accutane! It sucks, but it can be combated to some extent with as lamarr said gamolenic acid. A really good derm in the UK prescribes gamolenic acid 480mg daily for accutane dryness. It does work, but it isn't a cure, I still suffer, particularly after washing, even with a very gentle cleanser...

You can get it from places like iherb, probably the best place. You may even be able to get a prescription for it, I am able to get one in the uk for that stuff.

I find jojoba oil helps, I put it inside my cleanser so I get some moisture when I wash. I also only wash my face in the evening...

I know this is hard to deal with droppen, I seemed to have a similar experience as you. The CBT will help more than any other medicine or cream etc. I wish you good luck with it!

I'd take dry skin anyday - although I know that must be bad too. I have really dry skin right in the middle of my forehead but I daren't try anything for it anymore other than moisturiser every now and then. I bet my joints are as dry as f&ck inside though as they grate on one another.