Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fluff

can anyone reccomend makeup for covering the purple acne scars well?

hi, i was just wondering if there was a makeup that actually covers up dark, purple acne scars that look like bruises, i have tried lots!!.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I use MAC studio sculpt foundation and as a finishing powder I use their prep and prime finishing powder. I have sensitive skin and they havent triggered any itching or breakouts. The Studio Sculpt is water based

hey, i have an idea that might work. How about using a green or yellow cover stick first (green and yellow tones whiten red/ purple/dark marks) and then apply a foundation on top? might be worth a try.

I use MAC studio sculpt foundation and as a finishing powder I use their prep and prime finishing powder. I have sensitive skin and they havent triggered any itching or breakouts. The Studio Sculpt is water based

I too have sensitive skin and am looking for a new foundation, maybe i'll try MAC again, I have never liked using their foundations in the past because every time I go in to get color matched they always match me incorrectly and I end up having to return the foundation. =(

I too have sensitive skin and am looking for a new foundation, maybe i'll try MAC again, I have never liked using their foundations in the past because every time I go in to get color matched they always match me incorrectly and I end up having to return the foundation. =(

I have that problem too! I think Im actually supposed to be NC15 but they matched me as NW15. I didnt return it. I use it everyday and I still like it. I love the coverage

I have that problem too! I think Im actually supposed to be NC15 but they matched me as NW15. I didnt return it. I use it everyday and I still like it. I love the coverage

When you got color matched did you go bare faced, or did you have your own foundation on?

One girl at the MAC store argued with me because I would not let her wipe my foundation off with a wipe (I am too embarrassed about my red marks). She said this was the ONLY way she could match me correctly, but I argued that she could use my neck to match the color, after all, isn't the goal to match your face to your neck? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong or suggest another method of matching foundation, because I can't bear exposing my red marks in front of strangers who I don't know. I won't even let me BF see my red marks, why would I want a complete stranger to see them (unless i'm at my derm then I don't care).

hi guys, thanks for replies it looks like am going to try MAC than. but i totally sympathise with you electric-feel, how awful, i would hate that and totally refuse to take any of my makeup off !!!! too embarassed, think i will just try and test colours myself seen as many of you have had no luck with skin match thing.

thanks

:dance:

When you got color matched did you go bare faced, or did you have your own foundation on?

One girl at the MAC store argued with me because I would not let her wipe my foundation off with a wipe (I am too embarrassed about my red marks). She said this was the ONLY way she could match me correctly, but I argued that she could use my neck to match the color, after all, isn't the goal to match your face to your neck? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong or suggest another method of matching foundation, because I can't bear exposing my red marks in front of strangers who I don't know. I won't even let me BF see my red marks, why would I want a complete stranger to see them (unless i'm at my derm then I don't care).

I dont like those MAC wipes anyway. They actually make my face bright red and they contain isopropyl misterate or palmitate, I forget which one

I went bare faced. I think make up artists are the last people who would judge you for having acne. It needs to be matched on your face

esteelauder double wear!!!! my face has purple scars over my cheeks it covers soooo well!!

esteelauder double wear!!!! my face has purple scars over my cheeks it covers soooo well!!

I hated that foundation! Its cakey and it has fragrance in it; plus its a liquid foundation

I hated that foundation! Its cakey and it has fragrance in it

iv been wearin it 4 like 5 years lol so im used 2 it !!

hey lydz, i have just had a sample of estee lauder double wear and tried for first time today. i have to say i am impressed it covered well and didnt feel greasy either! think i might buy full size! :dance:

hey lydz, i have just had a sample of estee lauder double wear and tried for first time today. i have to say i am impressed it covered well and didnt feel greasy either! think i might buy full size! :dance:

yaaay!!! xx

I've found that the Vichy Dermablend Skin Concealer fabulous for scars, I use this where necessary over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation

hi, i was just wondering if there was a makeup that actually covers up dark, purple acne scars that look like bruises, i have tried lots!!.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Use a small dab of undereye concealer.

i decided to buy the MAC Studio Sculpt based on what i've read on this website.

i'm kinda disappointed with it.

i wore the Studio Fix Fluid for like a year. i was a NC15 and the color match was alright. not perfect, but bearable.

so i thought that Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Sculpt would have the same color number thing, but nope. the NC15 in Studio Sculpt was ghostly white so i didn't buy that one. I just bought the next darker shade. NC20. it looked good in the store, but once i used it at home it looked pretty off.

blah. why is it sooo hard to find a good color match? there is nothing worse than wearing ridiculous looking foundation.

plus, i don't like how the studio sculpt feels. i specifically asked the MAC lady if it had a dewy finish and she said "not at all"...ha...the finish is definitely dewy and i hate that feeling.

even after i set it with powders i still feel kinda sticky.

and um, the MAC lady even told me that the sculpt foundation "oxidizes" throughout the day. which means it turns darker...isn't the a bad thing?

also, i'm not SURE but i think it's causing me to break out a lil bit. not exactly sure though. but my skin was totally clear and for the past few days i've been getting really tiny clogged pores and stuff.

i think i'm gonna return it tomorrow and just get my money back and buy my old foundation. (Makeup Forever HD liquid)...i had the PERFECT color match. yay.

i decided to buy the MAC Studio Sculpt based on what i've read on this website.

i'm kinda disappointed with it.

i wore the Studio Fix Fluid for like a year. i was a NC15 and the color match was alright. not perfect, but bearable.

so i thought that Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Sculpt would have the same color number thing, but nope. the NC15 in Studio Sculpt was ghostly white so i didn't buy that one. I just bought the next darker shade. NC20. it looked good in the store, but once i used it at home it looked pretty off.

blah. why is it sooo hard to find a good color match? there is nothing worse than wearing ridiculous looking foundation.

plus, i don't like how the studio sculpt feels. i specifically asked the MAC lady if it had a dewy finish and she said "not at all"...ha...the finish is definitely dewy and i hate that feeling.

even after i set it with powders i still feel kinda sticky.

and um, the MAC lady even told me that the sculpt foundation "oxidizes" throughout the day. which means it turns darker...isn't the a bad thing?

also, i'm not SURE but i think it's causing me to break out a lil bit. not exactly sure though. but my skin was totally clear and for the past few days i've been getting really tiny clogged pores and stuff.

i think i'm gonna return it tomorrow and just get my money back and buy my old foundation. (Makeup Forever HD liquid)...i had the PERFECT color match. yay.

Yay, thanks for reviewing this foundation. I was planning on buying it, but I don't think I will anymore. I love the coverage that Revlon Colorstay gives, but the color is a bit off. Everything you wrote about MAC studio sculpt is my worst nightmare when it comes to foundations, i too hate the "dewy" finish, I hate sticky foundations that never dry. You can't even wear pressed powder over them because your face is too sticky, yuck! Most foundations I have tried do oxidize, but not to the point where the color changes to a completely different shade.

You're right, it's such a challenge to find the perfect color match + coverage. I still haven't found a color that has matched me perfectly. I'm still looking!

Estee lauder double wear looks very unnatural in the sunlight if you ever take mirror instead of looking in the bathroom. It does do it's job and covers up all your marks, a department store lady was confused at why I was buying an acne trial kit once. I prefer mineral make-up since it doesn't looks more natural and is much easier to remove. Plus easier to blend!