Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manu

no success with needling :(

i have needled my icepick scars for about 4 times now. and i dont see any improvement. nothing.

not even 10 %. with some scars i even got the impression they got wider....???????????

every time i needled my skin, i heard the plop sound. the scar was bleeding. and yet....no improvement!!! and yes, i used good cream, took vitamin c etc....

should i continue??? when can i expect an improvement?

anybody here where it didnt help either or where it actually got worse??

i use those diabetic lancets. sometimes i wonder it doesnt work because i had a co2 peeling before??

i stab the skin, it is bleeding, and then it just looks like i had never touched it. so odd.

and my expectations were sooooo high :pray:

darn.

i am a bit scared of tca cross method, i think i have a control with needling. but why the heck do my scars get wider???

use multiple punctures, try to only poke scar tissue, definitely use topicals (vit A and C serums etc), and look into LEDs (660nm is a good place to start, google: "LEDman led")

also dont smoke, take internal vitamin C, and keep recently needled areas moist (neosporin, healing oils, or oil based C serums etc)

i use those diabetic lancets. sometimes i wonder it doesnt work because i had a co2 peeling before??

i stab the skin, it is bleeding, and then it just looks like i had never touched it. so odd.

and my expectations were sooooo high :pray:

darn. i am a bit scared of tca cross method, i think i have a control with needling. but why the heck do my scars get wider???

Yeah, your definitely gonna bleed with needling, not much though. Within a day or two, you should form a scab. If you don't see a scab then I don't think your doing it correctly. Just read the TCA cross method and try it on one icepick scar and see how it turns out. We all heal differently, some heal better than others. That's just how it is... :think:

but i do all that. plop sound, bleeding, good topicals. no such thing as a scab though. usually there is a drop of blood which comes off when i take a shower next morning. and then the scar that i stabbed is just a little reddish, but that goes away after like 3 days. no scabs. and i take vitamin c, andi keep it moist. it is just not reacting the way i hope it would :(

Please don't use diabetic lancets for needling! They have a beveled edge and can cause further scarring.

I had a similar experience when I used diabetic needles a couple of years ago. In my case, I only needled the scars once, but it made them slightly DEEPER. I never understood why it made mine worse when for some, it improves them. My scars were quite shallow to start with. Could that be a factor?

Tara, what kind of needles do you suggest using then??

I had a similar experience when I used diabetic needles a couple of years ago. In my case, I only needled the scars once, but it made them slightly DEEPER. I never understood why it made mine worse when for some, it improves them. My scars were quite shallow to start with. Could that be a factor?

Tara, what kind of needles do you suggest using then??

30 or 31 gauge needles, I believe.