Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daniel12

Still have redness after 7 MONTHS since fraxel

What happened? Isn’t redness from fraxel supposed to fade from 2- 4 weeks? So why is my fraxeled area still red? My scar is a bit unusual to begin with, it’s a scar on my scalp, but before I began with fraxel, my scar was white. I was only trying to diminish the appearance of the whitish scar, to make it blend in more with my scalp.

So 7 months out from fraxel, shouldn’t the redness be gone by now? Will this be permanent? I’ll post some pictures later on but can someone tell me what they think or if they’ve experienced something similar?

my skin was red for 6 montths, but with an old version of the CO2.

all i can say: make sure you use your sun screen every single day!

and for the night use something that soothes your skin. I guess then you should be fine soon.

I have the same problem. I had MaxFx (deep laser peeling) done almost 5 months ago and my face is still red. the doctor said it will only last 3 months. I am so worried and depressed. What can I do to help this redness go away? Will it ever go away?

The thing is I only had one treatment of Fraxel restore. Hey Manu, so the redness disappeared after 6 months? What did you apply to sooth your skin at night?

I had my last profractional done 10 months ago and my skin is still pinkish. Doctors are liars and we are all guinea pigs for their new lasers. Wear sunblock. I've read much and talked with my MD who feels that the redness from a laser will always go away within 2 years. You have to think about progress in terms of months instead of weeks or days. It sucks. Help sread the word that these lasers suck as the results are either: no results with ok downtime or significant downtime with very little results. Get the microdroplet silicone injection technique.

talked with my MD who feels that the redness from a laser will always go away within 2 years.

Oh, what a relief! :whistle:

I think I'm gonna end crazy, if the redness lasts for 2 years.