Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paintball4lifepk

Do yo know of acne pills that work?

Hello everyone, Well I've been using Pronexin the last 8 days and even though its clearing up my body acne it did barely anything to my face. List of products I have used:

Pronexin

Neutrogena Wave

Acne Free

Oxy Cleansing pads

Oxy cleansing pads for sensitive skin

Clearasil

Equate (glycerin based product)

Oxy Spot treatment

Neutrogena Cleansing Mask

What do these products all have in common? They are topicals. So I have concluded that topicals just aren't doing the trick. However, even though anti biotics clear up a lot of peoples acne I heard that you get an overgrowth of something and thats how the guy who made acne free in 3 days made money because he found a way to flush that out of your system. So whats an acne pill that has a lot of positive feedback thats not an anti biotic?

I don't understand what you mean by 'acne pill', because acne isn't just something that you can abolish with a magic bullet that works for anyone. We all wish it was that way, but it's not and probably never will be. The problem is very individualized.

That being said, perhaps you need a stronger topical? I know that when I used Neutrogena products, it honestly didn't help my face very much. I now use Duac which contains 5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 1% Clindamycin. It works quite well whenever I get active acne. The trick is to apply it only to active spots and not all over my face. I also use Differin .1%, and that takes a while to work, but after about 4 months, it's been doing the job for close to a year now.

I encourage exploring more options. The board is full of information. =)

I am honored to address you tonight. On behalf of the graduating masters and doctoral students of Washington University's School of Engineering and Applied Science, I would like to thank all the parents, spouses, families, and friends who encouraged and supported us as we worked towards our graduate degrees. I would especially like to thank my own family, eight members of which are in the audience today. I would also like to thank all of the department secretaries and other engineering school staff members who always seemed to be there when confused graduate students needed help. And finally I would like to thank the Washington University faculty members who served as our instructors, mentors, and friends.

As I think back on the seven-and-a-half years I spent at Washington University, my mind is filled with memories, happy, sad, frustrating, and even humorous. World of warcraft Power Leveling

Tonight I would like to share with you some of the memories that I take with me as I leave Washington University.

I take with me the memory of my office on the fourth floor of Lopata Hall - the room at the end of the hallway that was too hot in summer, too cold in winter, and always too far away from the women's restroom. The window was my office's best feature. Were it not for the physics building across the way, it would have afforded me a clear view of the arch. But instead I got a view of the roof of the physics building. I also had a view of one corner of the roof of Urbauer Hall, which seemed to be a favorite perch for various species of birds who alternately won perching rights for several weeks at a time. And I had a nice view of the physics courtyard, noteworthy as a good place for watching people run their dogs. It's amazing how fascinating these views became the longer I worked on my dissertation., But my favorite view was of a nearby oak tree. From my fourth-floor vantage point I had a rather intimate view of the tree and the various birds and squirrels that inhabit it. Occasionally a bird would land on my window sill, which usually had the effect of startling both of us.

I take with me the memory of two young professors who passed away while I was a graduate student. Anne Johnstone, the only female professor from whom I took a course in the engineering school, and Bob Durr, a political science professor and a member of my dissertation committee, both lost brave battles with cancer. I remember them fondly.

I take with me the memory of failing the first exam in one of the first engineering courses I took as an undergraduate. I remember thinking the course was just too hard for me and that I would never be able to pass it. So I went to talk to the professor, ready to drop the class. And he told me not to give up, he told me I could succeed in his class. For reasons that seemed completely ludicrous at the time, he said he had faith in me. And after that my grades in the class slowly improved, and I ended the semester with an A on the final exam. I remember how motivational it was to know that someone believed in me.

I take with me memories of the midwestern friendliness that so surprised me when I arrived in St. Louis 8 years ago. Since moving to New Jersey, I am sad to say, wow power levelingnobody has asked me where I went to high school.

I take with me the memory of the short-lived computer science graduate student social committee lunches. The idea was that groups of CS grad students were supposed to take turns cooking a monthly lunch. But after one grad student prepared a pot of chicken that poisoned almost the entire CS grad student population and one unlucky faculty member in one fell swoop, there wasn't much enthusiasm for having more lunches.

I take with me the memory of a more successful graduate student effort, the establishment of the Association of Graduate Engineering Students, known as AGES. Started by a handful of engineering graduate students because we needed a way to elect representatives to a campus-wide graduate student government, AGES soon grew into an organization that now sponsors a wide variety of activities and has been instrumental in addressing a number of engineering graduate student concerns.

the memory

I don't understand what you mean by 'acne pill', because acne isn't just something that you can abolish with a magic bullet that works for anyone. We all wish it was that way, but it's not and probably never will be. The problem is very individualized.

That being said, perhaps you need a stronger topical? I know that when I used Neutrogena products, it honestly didn't help my face very much. I now use Duac which contains 5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 1% Clindamycin. It works quite well whenever I get active acne. The trick is to apply it only to active spots and not all over my face. I also use Differin .1%, and that takes a while to work, but after about 4 months, it's been doing the job for close to a year now.

I encourage exploring more options. The board is full of information. =)

Ok,this is what I mean by acne pill. Products like acne md, acneticin,orovo acne,7 day acne detox. Thats what I mean don't act like i'm just one of those nuts who thinks its possible to cure something with one quick fix because obviously from experience I have learned that. Benzol Peroxide irritates the hell out of my skin.

8 days? That is completely insufficient time to see if something is going to work for you or not. If you did the same limited 'trial' of the other topicals you tried, no wonder 'nothing worked.'

You have to give these topicals time. There is no magic fix. There is no pill that will fix you overnight or even within a week. Patience and perseverance are your weapons against acne.

PS: Anything that claims a cure in three days is a scam. Scam.

I can see how a detox could help cleanse your bowels some maybe help temporarily with acne... other than that i took time released B5 in the past with little results as well as the pills with NaturesCure and they have on drugstore.com the AcnePill and some other companies. Everything i took did not do much either. I am weary of those products because most of them have ingredients in small doses that are acne causing. The companies claim the small doses will trigger your immune system to fight off the acne. Sounds descent in theory but I would not want to deal with the initial breakout which could potentially destroy your face for awhile

I was on a quest to cure acne with supplements. I read all kinds of studies on pubmed. I tried high dose fish oil, high dose B5, daily zinc and niacinamide, resveratrol, NAC, you name it...

None were able to keep my skin clear, or even show a definite improvement. I think the high dose fish oil helped the appearance, it is an anti-inflammatory. I can't say for sure though.

You could consider a short term course of anti-biotics and then topicals to keep things in check, if OTC things arent working for you. I wouldnt take the oral anti-biotics for too long though, it will leave your immune system trashed and make you prone to fungal infections.

Definitely don't get caught up in remedies and magic pills on the internet. If one was out there that actually worked everyone on this site would have heard about it. Whoever comes up with that magic pill will be a billionaire. Even a semi-effective pill would be hugely popular. Come to this website for advice, don't use google. You'll get sucked into these websites citing 100 different causes for acne, and a cure if you just buy their pill/book/starve yourself/move to malta and survive on fish alone...

If at all possible get to a dermatologist.