Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soprano

Started too fast - flaky skin

I misread the instructions and started using 1 and a half pumps of BP and have been on the regimen for a week now. The dryness started appearing about 3 days ago. It's barely noticeable with moisturizer applied but without a moisturizer, one can see a lot of dead white skin on the face, like it got sunburnt. Nothing too severe, I'm sure a couple of days with aloe vera lotion could take care of it, but I don't want to mess up the regimen.

So what should I do? Today I started using only a little over half a pump of BP but I found it pretty hard to spread. I think I managed to get it over my whole face OK though. I thought I should maybe use only half a pump twice a day for maybe 1 - 2 weeks and then start gradually using more until in 3 weeks ( then I will have been on the regimen for 4 weeks ) I would be up to 2 full pumps.

What do you think I should do?

Keep the bp at the reduced amount for now, and moisturize a lot (especially at night when it won't matter if you look a bit shiny). If you have some jojoba oil, I would add a few extra drops of it to the moisturizer at each application.

Once you have this initial dryness improved, just slowly and gradually increase the bp each week and work your way up to the full two pumps that Dan recommends over about 4 weeks time.