Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnegonnadie

Need some help guys, I'm kinda new

Hello everyone! My 1st post. :rolleyes:

The 1st thing I'm gonna ask is: do you think I've been using good products? *please see the links*

- cleaner: Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Bar

(http://www.sebamed.com/index.php?id=2294&L=1)

- BP: clean 3% bp. Just Benzoyl Peroxide, no fancy product names.

- moisturizer: Eucerin Sensitive ph5 Cream

(http://www.eucerin.com/product-finder/sensitive-skin/) (couldn't link it, flash player)

And some questions about the regimen:

1) when I wash my face with cleansing bar and leave it for 5-10 minutes before applying BP, it soon feels extremely tight and dry. Is that ok?

2) I'm on the regimen for 2 or 3 weeks already, my skin is still getting used to BP, right? In the morning, I notice my skin is extremely flaky and peeling, like after mild sunburns. I decided a few times, on my own, to skip BP and just moisturize. Then in the evening, I do the whole regimen. Is this ok, or I should never skip BP, no matter how flaky my skin is? Cause, I think I've read somewhere it's ok to apply BP once a day in the beginning.

3) How important is it to moisturize just after BP? I mean, is it ok to leave BP for a longer period, and how much should I leave the BP on? May I sleep with BP on? Should I wash my face again between BP and moisturizer?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for being this simple.

Hi,

The Sebamed bar looks good since it is pH balanced and has no soap in it. And your 3% bp is fine too. I'm not sure about your moisturizer though.

Yes, your skin will feel tight after you wash. This is because the bp is drying it.

Ideally, you should take about a month to work your way up to the full amount of bp that Dan recommends, and be sure to moisturize twice daily to help keep the skin from getting overly dried and flaky. Some dryness and flaking is just part of it and to be expected but you will want to try and minimize this.

Yes, you should always leave the bp on, do not wash it off or rinse it off. Make sure you bought a leave-on product and not a bp wash.

Hope that helps.

Wow, thanks! You really helped. Thank you!

Though 1 thing I'm not quite sure about. The BP I am using is in gel form, but it's not gel only. My BP is made of liquid gel which is easily absorbed, and tiny white solid particles, just like the ones u have in peeling products. If I squeeze this particle, it will cruble to dust, if you know what I mean. The particles are solid, but may be crushed if I apply enough force. Those white dots - particles are not something I would like to have on my face when I go out...

Oh and please, u didn't mention anything about skipping BP if my skin looks too flaky. Is it ok to apply it just once, in the night, in the beginning?

Thanks again, u r lovely.

its very ok to apply it only once (in the night) in the beginning.for some ppl is 1 application daily enough to keep them clear.me, for example :cool:

Yes, you can apply it once daily if your skin is overly dried, but ideally you will want to use it twice daily eventually for best results.

Let's be sure your bp is a leave-on and not a wash. Can you read the packaging and be sure? I'ver never used a bp leave-on that was grainy...........

quote name='acnegonnadie' post='2609481' date='May 5 2009, 11:02 AM']Wow, thanks! You really helped. Thank you!

Though 1 thing I'm not quite sure about. The BP I am using is in gel form, but it's not gel only. My BP is made of liquid gel which is easily absorbed, and tiny white solid particles, just like the ones u have in peeling products. If I squeeze this particle, it will cruble to dust, if you know what I mean. The particles are solid, but may be crushed if I apply enough force. Those white dots - particles are not something I would like to have on my face when I go out...

Oh and please, u didn't mention anything about skipping BP if my skin looks too flaky. Is it ok to apply it just once, in the night, in the beginning?

Thanks again, u r lovely.

neosporin is antibiotic and acne bacteria will become immune to antibiotics after some time of using it.

what acne bacteria can never become resistant to is benzoylperoxide :boohoo:

neosporin is antibiotic and acne bacteria will become immune to antibiotics after some time of using it.

what acne bacteria can never become resistant to is benzoylperoxide :boohoo:

The best thing, I guess, is to do both.