Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoetrope

The "Re-DKR" Zoetrope Log

Hullo dot org'ers. Some of you know me, many don't. Anyways, I'm back in the DKR Logs forum again to clear up my face for the second time, hopefully.

You can find my first successful log here that kept me clear until I decided to try out the "Do Nothing Regimen" thinking perhaps my acne had gone away because my face had become so remarkably clear. Long story short, I didn't wash my face for two weeks and I'm back where I started 8-9 months ago. I highly advise people that know they have acne prone skin due to genes/hormones to not try the "Do Nothing Regimen" as you will end up in my shoes. That regimen is intended for people that aggravated their face into an acne-like state by either/a combination of: using harsh cleansers/products, eating a diet that causes skin flare ups, or bad hygiene.

Moving along, I will be following my regimen that cleared me up in the first place until I simply stopped doing it altogether. It consists of:

Morning:

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Treat with Dan's Gel Benzoyl Peroxide (16 oz Bottle) (1 Pump, I find that 2 is dramatically overdoing it and unnecessary)

Moisturize with Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Before Bed:

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Treat with Dan's Gel Benzoyl Peroxide (16 oz Bottle) (1 Pump)

Moisturize with Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

That's me right now, even though I can't explain how that picture doesn't even begin to show how irritated and broken out my skin is. Perhaps because it's so oily? Anyways, wish me luck. I'll try to update as much as I can.

post-76075-1241491873_thumb.jpg

post-76075-1241491873_thumb.jpg

So it's been about eight days and my skin is recovering pretty well. Most of the blemishes I had from the past 3 weeks have faded. My face still tends to stay a reddish color after doing the regimen. I really need to look into some moisturizers with aloe in them, if it doesn't irritate acne prone skin.

5/13/09

Even after I cleared my acne the first time I was always on the look out for a better moisturizer because my skin would still have a red tint to it that took nearly half the day to normalize. My experience with this regimen is that after awhile (we're talking like atleast 7-8 months) certain areas may become dryer than others. Of course, anyone who knows that when something works quite well, changing your formula could actually turn around the results, but, I'm willing to take that chance. So, basically, I've been searching the internet and came across this. It's a noncomedogenic light moisturizer with aloe. I'm going to order it and give it a shot. I'll update with results when I begin using it.

As far as results are going with being back on the regimen, things are good. It took me about 2.5 weeks to completely ruin my skin doing the cave man regimen and after being on the regimen again now for about the same amount of time I'm nearing where I use to be, which was 100% clear. Since starting again I've added vitamin c and fish oil supplements for some possible benefits.

at least you have the added benefit of knowing the regimen will work!

Well, when I began the regimen for the first time I was entirely skeptical like everyone else because of trying so many products and listening/reading all of the promises/guarantees these companies tend to make. I'll be honest, my first 1-2 months I was convinced nothing was actually happening and that I was fooled yet again. But I guess there comes a time in your life where you take the plunge anyways and in my case, I got lucky. There are so many people out there with worse skin issues that are still looking for a treatment that works for them and hopefully they find it here like I did.

5/26/09

I officially no longer agree with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I've been using it for probably the better half of a year now but it seems my face can no longer take it. It becomes irritated and gives me red patches if it gets just below my jawbone. I went ahead and purchased Dan's cleanser as well as his moisturizer. When I began this regimen for the first time, I was never on Dan's cleanser long enough to really give an opinion on it and the same goes for the moisturizer, so hopefully this will be a step forward.

My face has been breaking out a little around my mustache area and my chin but those seem to be clearing up. I do however have this one huge bastard to the bottom left of my nose that completely ruins an almost clear face.

post-76075-1243364707_thumb.jpg

post-76075-1243364707_thumb.jpg

That's weird that your cleanser just randomly started disagreeing with you. However, Dan's cleanser is excellent, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I hate it when there's one big noticeable one ruining everything. I have one smack dab in the middle of my left cheek right now and it sucks. Hope yours and mine both go away quickly. Otherwise, you're looking really good!

That's weird that your cleanser just randomly started disagreeing with you. However, Dan's cleanser is excellent, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I hate it when there's one big noticeable one ruining everything. I have one smack dab in the middle of my left cheek right now and it sucks. Hope yours and mine both go away quickly. Otherwise, you're looking really good!

Thanks for the response and yeah, I use to swear by Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I'm not sure what happened. My chin is breaking out pretty bad right but the rest of my face is pretty much clear. I'm not really sure why it's my chin right now. Perhaps smoking can cause flareups around the areas the smoke or cigarette touches? I only smoke while I'm at work but it's enough to make me wonder.

I got my cleanser and moisturizer today. I'm stoked!