Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiger 1

Adult Acne

I'm new to the site and new to posting on a message board in general. I am 45 years old and have been battling acne most of my life. My story is so very similar to everyone's here. I have tried many, many things including antibiotics, benzaclin, proactiv, etc. I was successful for 2-3 years with Proactiv but then it stopped working. I can handle the occasional hormonal zit but the hard nodule/cysts make me crazy! Sometimes they develop into something horrid that I can't help but pick and sometimes they don't make a mess on my face but take weeks to deflate and they HURT! It's one thing to battle this when you're a teenager but once you're in your 40s it's downright miserable not to mention embarrassing. I am currently using Finacea twice a day and washing with a mild cleanser in the morning and Rosaderm (a sulfur wash) at night. Finacea is actually for Rosacea which I don't have but my derm thought it would help with inflammation better than Retin A. After 8 or so weeks this regimine seems to be helping but I am still experiencing the nodules/cysts and nothing seems to make them go away faster. I am thinking of trying tea tree oil as I read on this site that it has helped some people. I am really trying to stay away from Accutane but I am so tired of bad skin popping up at the worst time!

Any other female 40 somethings out there? What's worked for you?

hi im 39 i'll be 40 in august been dealing with ance sence i was 17\18 its controled a big part of my life for the simple fact that i dont like being seen when im broke out.i just hide form everyone.i to have tryed everything my ance would go away but it would always come back and at 39 years old im tired of it.so ive been on accutnne for about 3 months now i see a lot of inprovment but still have a few big painfull catless like ones one my neck that will hopefully go away in time.

i was scarded of accutane but so fare it looks like the best thing i ever did.

i wish you well in your fight & the best of luck......

Thanks for your help. I have been considering Accutane for some time but the side effects scare the heck out of me! I'm glad to hear it's helping you.

you know the side effects are not so bad but this is only my 3rd month in.once a day 40mgs just incresed to 80mgs 2x40. dry lip & earloves but nothing to bad. accutane was a last resource for me becouse nothing else worked.if your thinking bout accutane do you home work so you know what to expect

THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU...... :think:

I'm 43. My skin cleared at 40 when I changed my diet and has remained mostly clear ever since.

2 courses of accutane did absolutely nothing. And the severe side effects are bad to the people that suffer from them.