Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_polka234

Do you and your friends discuss acne?

Mine don't. one does have acne, but it's a touchy subject. Nobody wants to admit how much stuff they use or how desperate they've become!

Yes cause my friend gets upset over her tiny pimple and im like well look at my face

lol i only have red marks no acne atm

We used to when we didn't have it. I remember saying how I would never get acne...

Then BAM! I think it was my stress level rising, though..

Yeah, we do. It's kind of weird actually. They'll get a barely noticeable pimple and stress over it, and I'm just like..yeah. I don't really think it's awkward or anything though because they never pay attention to my acne. I'll complain about my skin, and they'll just tell me it takes time and that my skin isn't awful, so yeah.

Once in a while a friend might mention a blemish being annoying, but we'd never discuss it. I guess it's kind of taboo.

A discussion? No. I'll say I have a pimple but that's about it. I'll discuss acne on this site but not with friends or family. It's awkward.

I used to not and I'd hate it when it would ever come up. Now I don't mind it so much. I don't like my acne but I'm taking steps to make it better so I'm not embarassed to talk about it, althought I used to be. I've learnt to accept it and I'm not going to deny I have an issue, I'm just going to explain why it bothers me and how I'm changing it. I do hate when people with clear skin say how much of a pain their zit is when I'm there with worse, so I tell them it could be a lot worse.

yes we do, we are very open about it because we suffer from the same problems. We don't have acne but the bumps and occasional cystic acne. What we do discuss is our oily skin and enlarged pores, basically the problems caused by oily skin. We review the stuff we tried and we do trial and error for different products.

hmm sometimes!

they are all clear and have perfect skin and i sometimes go oh i hate my skin when im having a bad day! but most of my friends are like ur skin isnt bad. thats because only a special few see me without half an inch of make-up on!

i took my make-up off infront of one of my friends once and she said whats wrong with your face? i was like thanks!!!

i find it easier to go on here and get advice as people with clear skin will try tell you what they do which is normally nothing and that really doesnt help me with my battle!

No, not really. I've got one friend that has mild acne ever since she came off birth control, but she could care less about it. Nobody else I'm friends with has acne.

I discuss it with two of my coworkers, one of them has acne too so we can relate to each other. I also talk about it with my younger sister who has gorgeous skin, I let her know that she needs to take care of her skin regardless of how clear she is.

Sometimes with my mom I do, but she has been with me in the past when it was a lot harder for me to handle.

Occasionally with my friends something about skincare will come up. My close friends know I'm the 'expert' in our group on skin care because whenever we go somewhere I start spouting off knowledge without even realizing. lol I'm not embarrassed about it, that particular topic just doesn't come up often.

Only with my ex. But it's never really a discussion, just me breaking down because nothing ever works and keeps getting worse. God, this never use to be a problem until that stupid camping trip....UGGGHHHH. Freakin' lame.

I let her know that she needs to take care of her skin regardless of how clear she is.

NO NO NO. By doing nothing, she is doing very well.

We actually talk about it a lot... but we just talk about the whole cosmetology area... so yeah. I used to always complain about it to my friends but I'm so over it now, I just want it to piss off, I try not to think about it otherwise I get really upset. When we talk about acne I steer clear of bringing my skin up, instead we just compare remedies/products etc. Also if I ask for an honest opinion of how my skin is going they'll give it to me. I do talk about it with family too, since dad went through the same thing (urgh genes) and mum tells me how my skins going.

It's not really awkward for me anymore. It used to be, though.

I talk about it with my friend who has the same problem, and I talk to my mother and my sister. Also, since I'm on Accutane, I have to give people some kind of explanation as to why I'm not drinking, and I mostly just tell them the truth. I don't really have a problem with it. I mean, everyone can see my skin, it's not like I have to tell them I have acne for them to know. I can't be bothered with being ashamed of it, really.

I used to try to avoid the topic, but sometimes I talk about it.

They all generally have clear skin... it sort of hurts tho when they get one tiny pimple and start ranting about it. Piff~ :snooty:

I let her know that she needs to take care of her skin regardless of how clear she is.

NO NO NO. By doing nothing, she is doing very well.

And risking wrinkles and the effects of aging.

A discussion? No. I'll say I have a pimple but that's about it. I'll discuss acne on this site but not with friends or family. It's awkward.

I agree, very awkward, there is a fear of getting judge aswell

no, i don't. i never have. it's a personal thing for me. i actually would like to bring it up sometimes because i feel like there is this huge part of me they don't know about. they've seen me at my worst, and i think they'd be surprised if i ever told them how much it truly affected me. i always put up a front like everything was all good.

i guess one of the main reasons i don't want to go there is because there's no way i could talk speak about it without getting angry or really sad. a lot of the times i look at my life and judge it based on when i didn't have acne or when i had a few breakouts. and it shouldn't be like that.