Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jguy164

Are chemical peels permanent?

ive read loads of great results about chemical peels - just wondering if the results of chemical peels such as Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic, TCA are permenant on very shallow (1mm wide and 0.5mm deep) ice picks scarring around the cheeks and nose for a light tan skin,- after say 1-2 years of peeling and appling it whenever is right. (By permenant i mean NEVER come back- ive read somewhere they come back after 6 months and its not permenant but some have claimed a complete clearance of scars--maybe it is different for each person idk?.

not worth the risk, if i were you i wouldnt touch it unless it was a low % one, even then idk.....i did it and it permanently destroyed my skin. So if i were you i wouldnt touch it, back when i had just scars i was also looking for a quick fix, there is no such thing, be careful of what you do and what you buy online. Plus peels like that will age your skin quicker, i did the chemical peel like 5 years ago and my skin is always dry and shedding and i mean everyday, plus it looks really bad.