Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_polka234

Let's take a Vote: Does the "don't wash" method work?

Does Doing Nothing help acne?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Does Doing Nothing help acne?

• Yes
    • No

the dont wash method won't work if you have hormonal acne. since the oil is still there and your not exfoliating the dead skins cells from ur face ur still gonna get clogged pores and acne.

Almost all acne is hormone related. And almost all of us have hormonal acne. And we are pretty much all genetically predisposed to getting acne, for those that like to use the 'mine's genetic' claim.

the dont wash method won't work if you have hormonal acne. since the oil is still there and your not exfoliating the dead skins cells from ur face ur still gonna get clogged pores and acne.

Very good point. We should just focus on diet and the hormones affecting our skin, not always washing our faces hoping that will help.

Almost all acne is hormone related. And almost all of us have hormonal acne. And we are pretty much all genetically predisposed to getting acne, for those that like to use the 'mine's genetic' claim.

the reason why people say that their acne is genetic is because they carry a gene that makes their skin over shed dead skin cells. my point is if you have this disorder, like most people with moderate-severe acne do, doing nothing wont help. you need to shed those dead skin cells so they dont clog your pores, so you need to exfoliate with something like a baking soda mask.

the do nothing only work with a combination of diet which is suppose to improve circulation and reduce oil if you do it right. but if your struggling with hormone genetic acne doing nothing is going to do nothing. ive tried it for almost two years straight and it didnt solve my problem.

the reason why people say that their acne is genetic is because they carry a gene that makes their skin over shed dead skin cells.

Yes, I know. And my point is that for nearly all of us, our acne is genetic. And hormonal. People are always saying their acne is genetic or their acne is hormonal as if they were exceptions rather than the norm.

washing my face = brushing my teeth :eh:

I see it as basic hygiene (my opinion). Even if I didn't have acne-prone skin, I'd still wash with a face cleanser :shrug:

I see it as basic hygiene (my opinion). Even if I didn't have acne-prone skin, I'd still wash with a face cleanser :shrug:

I know me too!

I know me too!

Of course you look at it that way because society conditioned us all since our birth to think that way. Anyway, it's up to you to find out what works for you anyway.

I bet the overwhelming ''no'' vote came from those who are even scared of trying this radical method.

I'd say, try and see for yourself.

I know me too!

Of course you look at it that way because society conditioned us all since our birth to think that way. Anyway, it's up to you to find out what works for you anyway.

I bet the overwhelming ''no'' vote came from those who are even scared of trying this radical method.

We have hormonal acne, therefore it would be pointless.

Wow! I just started a thread on how I got clear by essentially doing nothing only to find this poll! Apparently the idea of "doing nothing" has been a hot topic since I've been gone.

Obviously, I voted that it helps--it cleared me up and changed my life!!!! woo hoo!!

Give it a try, its a beautiful thing!! I am so happy!

I wonder how many do-nothing success stories naturally outgrew their acne or had been overtreating their skin prior to do-nothing (I don't mean just a little bit of treatment like a 10% AHA or a 2.5% BP, but combos of all sorts of stuff in cleansers and topicals and so forth).

Do nothing does not work for me.

I am glad that you guys have found success and clarity; it feels great, doesn't it? :)

Wow! I just started a thread on how I got clear by essentially doing nothing only to find this poll! Apparently the idea of "doing nothing" has been a hot topic since I've been gone.

Obviously, I voted that it helps--it cleared me up and changed my life!!!! woo hoo!!

Give it a try, its a beautiful thing!! I am so happy!

me too.. it works.. but requires patience

I know me too!

We have hormonal acne, therefore it would be pointless.

All of us have hormonal acne, including the people seeing improvement by not using cleansers and topicals. And many people have a variety of factors causing or worsening their acne.

I know me too!

and risk breaking out more, no way

Molly we get your point,no need to post the same answer 8 times.

And For people who have done this method,How long till you see results?

Why are people getting mad at me? I didnt do anying. I can state my opinion as many times as I feel like it as can you

I don't think anyone who hasn't tried it for at least two weeks shouldn't be voting at all.

Just my opinion.

Tried for five months. I think that is long enough to vote. ;)

Molly we get your point,no need to post the same answer 8 times.

And For people who have done this method,How long till you see results?

Im not the only one you know saying that over and over again... Why are you pointing your finger at me only?!

Adam08, you arent being very nice. I didnt say anything wrong that justifies you writing to me this way. Im blocking you

there was no malice in what i said. i stand by it.

you have never tried the approach yet you criticise it. hence my annoyance.

There's a lovely feature on this site that some might wish to look into: it's the ignore feature. It has saved me some annoyance in the past. :)

You can find it under My Controls toward the bottom of the left-side menu under Options:

Options

Purchase Paid Subscriptions

Manage Your Attachments

Manage Friend List

Manage Ignored Users

Email Settings

Board Settings

Change Email Address

Change Password

Click the bolded one and add the user name. You can unignore later if you change your mind.

To molly, I wasn't going at you but I just see post after post only from you saying it does not work meanwhile you mentioned you tried it by washing your face(cleansing) only

well that is clearly not the regimen

your not supposed to use a cleanser

correct me if I am wrong and you used a splash of water