Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flamespin

Whats a good STRONG medication I can get?

I have had non stop acne for 2 years now and I've tryed alot of things, the strongest being neobenz, but none of them have worked, the only thing that kind of helps deflate my acne a little bit has been a kit I ordered off of myskinID but even that didnt help much. I just need something really strong, I was thinking about chemical peels, but I dont know if it would work with my kind of acne (Kind of a mixture of scars and mildly moderate acne) sorry about the first picture being so blurry

post-102572-1241464669_thumb.jpg

post-102572-1241464676_thumb.jpg

post-102572-1241464669_thumb.jpg

post-102572-1241464676_thumb.jpg

if its been going on for 2 years and is unresponsive to OTC products, you should see a dermotologist. they can take a careful look at your skin and tell you exactly what will clear it up. sometimes it takes some trial and error, but its better than wasting your money on a bunch of products that dont work.

a derm would probably put you on a combination of oral antibiotics and topical cream or gel.

Ditto the derm suggestion. Write down all the over the counter treatments you have tried and for how long you've tried each; this way the derm will have an idea of what you've already tried. Write down a list of questions on proper skin care for the derm as well.

I use glycolic chemical peels and it works well (I've done 6 applications so far, once a week) but as with every acne treatment it may not work for you