Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ditto__

Is the regimen a case of all or nothing?

Hey

I just joined and have been using the regimen for two weeks as well as three cups of green tea a day. Also I am on the antibiotic, doxycycline (50mg per day).

I am really enjoying the results I am seeing but the skin on my jawline and around my is pretty dry. It seems that even if I put on the smallest amount possible twice a day of BP, my skin gets dry.

So is it possible to only put BP on my mouth area and jawline just once a day and still stay acne free??

You could try that. But realize that you're only two weeks in, and your skin is still adjusting to the BP, so it's totally normal to be dry and flaky--it's just a phase we all go through in the beginning. If you stick with it, your skin will eventually adjust, and it won't be so dry and flaky any more.

I know it's hard to deal with, but like I said, it's just a phase you have to go through on the way to getting clear.

Also, I just wanted to point out that if you're taking Doxy while you're on The Regimen, your experience might be a bit different than if you were on The Regimen alone. I don't know much about Doxy, but I do know that adding in other steps or factors can alter the results of The Regimen. (See also: FAQs and the Biggest Mistakes section.)