Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calfam04

Trying a low dose for my second time

I was prescribed 40 mg of Accutane twice a day about a year and a half ago. I was on it for five months, and for the first time in over 30 years my skin wasn't plagued by blackheads, cysts under the skin, and monthly hormonal zits. I was ecstatic! After ending the treatment, I found that after about 8 months my skin started to behave as it used to, and I decided to try using Accutane in a lower dose.

[Mod edited]

I started taking 10 mg twice a day, and immediately saw things change for the better. I still have somewhat dry lips after this first week, but nowhere near as bad as I did with the higher dose. I am getting the feeling that putting people on 80 mg a day ( I weigh 140 and am older than most users) is overdoing it. Maybe you don't have to deal with such intense side effects. I have read that people who did have positive results on a high dose are more likely to respond to a low dose afterwards. Whatever the case, I am going to keep on the low dose and see how it goes. I am very optimistic at this point! Has anyone else tried a similar low does after a regular one?

I'm about to start a low dose of accutane. It will be my second course.

My first course of accutane was a normal dosage. I did it for 6 months. I took 40 mgs for 3 months, and 80 mgs for 3 months. I weigh 105 lbs.

I'll probably make a log so i'll document my progress that way and you can read it k :D