Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im 17 years old and I used accutane nearly a near ago. For the past few months i've been feeling literally an emotional numbness. Im wondering if side effects of accutane could be kicking in now or is it something else?

It really depends on the person. I know the first month and a half I was on accutane I was literally more depressed than I've been my entire life. I've been "depressed" about things before, but this was completely different. Actual depression. I'm 18 and I'm a pretty grounded, smart, logical person... but this really hit me hard. I don't know if it can happen after you go off of it, but I'd say it's definitely possible.

I did too.

Even after I got off of it, I still felt numb and empty, but it slowly got better.

I got off of it in November, and I feel way better than I used to, but life hasn't been the same since before accutane

Im 17 years old and I used accutane nearly a near ago. For the past few months i've been feeling literally an emotional numbness. Im wondering if side effects of accutane could be kicking in now or is it something else?

Though Roche does state that some people have experinced depression/anxiety etc.. after thier accutane course, I don't know if that would mean almost a year later. Then again Roche does state Mechinisms Unknown.

I have read some that have experinced depression after accutane, but for some it was due to other side effects they incurred after accutane or the depression set in shortly after accutane treatment, not almost a year later... I don't know... I have side effects pop up of and 8 months after my course. Explain that one.

Try and workout, be by family, smile, go and enjoy life.

good luck