Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm using a soap bar from Neutrogena right now. the only reason im using it is because my mom got it for me when i went on vacation and im just finishing it up. i think its drying me out cause i have huge patches on my cheeks of really dry, red skin with painful white heads. (i know i have an infection, i went to my derm and she gave me an antibiotic for it) i would like a soap with as many natural ingredients as possible and also vitamins and minerals. maybe a green tea or tea tree soap? idk...i also heard goats milk soap is good too...

any recommendations?

[i'm also using lavender/jojoba oil after i wash]

Plant extracts can cause allergic dermatitis; tea tree oil is one such problematic ingredient.

It's best to avoid active ingredients in the cleanser as you're already on antibiotics. Yes, acne is an infection.

Here are member-recommended cleansers:

http://www.acne.org/cleansers-washes/rcat3/page1.html#browse

I like Purpose and Cetaphil. Gentle is good, non-active ingredients is also good.

Dont you mean you want a cleanser with a least amount of ingredients as possible? Is that a typo?

My cleanser is expensive and can only be ordered on line but I think its fabulous.