Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So heres the story...

My acne is genetic and I have had it really bad since like I was 15. I wanted to cover it up since I hated the way it looked when I was 16 so I started applying Foundation to my skin for a whole school year, people found out I was wearing makeup and that turned out terrible! I am a male FYI. So then the summer after the foundation incident I decided I would stop and ever since then I could never face a mirror again.

I cannot directly look at a mirror to see my skin, I have not done so in...like 3 years. I wash my hands and feel my face to try and figure out what my skin looks like. The worse is when I go to get my hair cut and there is mirrors all around me...

Everytime I go outside I hope that everyone around me sees my skin as clear and I dont know..maybe my acne isnt there if I dont see it..

Also I hate driving because of all the damn mirrors, its ruining my life

It sounds like you just need to accept your acne. I know it's hard to look in the mirror, and it's good that you aren't obsessing over the way you look in mirrors, but it's also really hard to ALWAYS avoid them. If acne is impairing your life in a negative way, it's time to rethink things. The only real change you can make is within yourself, and it may be hard, but taking little steps everyday can really help.

Hey, sorry to hear you're having a tough time.

I am both deathly afraid and completely obssessed with mirrors. Try that for fun =/

Anyway I agree, I think you should try accepting your acne, though that's easier said than done. I'm kind of struggling with accepting my skin as it is as well.

I know how you feel, been there done that. :mad: Car windows and mirrors really are the worst. I almost drove off the road when I first saw my face while driving. It looked like someone had played with a hole punch on my face... :confused:

Don't be. You're not going to impress every stranger that gets a look at your face. How many times do you have to see it for it to make sense? Your body language and attitude plays a large role in how you're thought of. First impressions are inaccurate.

The reason for your negativity is because you're unwilling to accept what's facing you. Hey, we all come in different sizes and shapes. There's a strong chance your acne will clear up in the future. Don't wait until then to start living. Your youth will be gone in an instant.

ouch yeah hair dressers are the worst.

This may be a little irrelevent but I've found that generally a longer hair style (yes im a male) accross the face works well ;)

I know this may not be suited for some people but hey it doesn't work too bad and to be honest looks pretty good lol

Remember your the worst judge on how you look

its always said that the first step to solve a problem is to confront it..

so confront yourself with your acne, life is much easier when you accept it.

Wow. I'm in the same boat as you. I can't look at my face AT ALL when I don't have makeup on. And when I do have makeup on I have to take off my glasses and keep a good distance away from the mirror so that it looks kinda BLURRED so I can't see every flaw. The other week I had a horrible situation at the eyedoctor getting new glasses. She kept pointing the CRYSTAL CLEAR magnifying mirror to my face while i tried to different lenses. It was horrible. I got so depressed. Dressing room mirrors are also pretty bad.. also natural light is an ultimate confidence destroyer..It seems to make makeup 1000x more obvious making me look more clownlike in appearance. :mad: