Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gda_11

Can Milia Become Inflammed Acne?

Title say's it all... Milia are very small and white, there is an article about them in the "types of acne" section, but it doesn't say whether of not they have the potential to become inflamed. I have a few of them just under my eye and they don't bother me much, it say's a physician can remove them but that seems s bit unnecessary if they cannot become inflamed. Another article said they aren't even really acne, so I'm a bit confused.

So does anyone know? Thanks and good luck. :)

If they're under your eye, they might really be milia. In which case, no, I don't think they're likely to become inflamed.

But people often think that closed comedones (noninflamed flesh-colored bumps) are milia .... and closed comedones CAN turn into pimples.

They are under my eye, are they bad? Like, should I get them removed? I'm a little worried now. :P

They are under my eye, are they bad? Like, should I get them removed? I'm a little worried now. :P

No need to get them removed unless they really bother you.

If they're under your eye, they might really be milia. In which case, no, I don't think they're likely to become inflamed.

But people often think that closed comedones (noninflamed flesh-colored bumps) are milia .... and closed comedones CAN turn into pimples.

I have a lot of closed comedones and blackheads.

Is there anyway that i can get rid of the closed comedones before they turn into pimples?

I had really good success with Green Cream ... all the bumps purged over an 8-12 week period, and very few became inflamed in the process.

But some people have more of an initial breakout than I did. I think it really depends on how much of a tendency one has toward inflamed acne.