Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Limbodance

Retinol/Retin-A use on Accutane

Hello

Sorry if this has already been answered but I dont have much time and cant find the info. I am currently taking 80mg 3rd month, 2nd course of accutane. I know none of you are doctors, but maybe you'll have some info. I have been using a sample of retin-a micro for some dicolourations, etc and want to purchase a retinol product tomorrow for over all skin/anti aging benefits. I know you are not supposed to take vitamin a supplements internally but is putting on your face the same thing? Or will it only cause more topical skin dryness, which is ok for me. IS there an actual reason I shouldnt be putting retinol on my face at this time?? Any info on subject would be great.

thanks

I know of quite a few people that have used retin-a whilst on accutane so yes it is possible. However, your dosage is quite high so I would check with your derm first and possibly just put it on a small area of your face first to see how your skin reacts. Hope this helps.

I agree with Jimmy.

Also, there is a huge range of OTC retinol products available. Some are so weak they barely qualify (Neutrogena) and some are quite strong (Skinceuticals 1%, Green Cream Level 9, Vivant Exfol A Forte).

If I were you, I'd start with something like Green Cream Level 3 (.3% retinol), which is effective but mild .... if that goes well, you can always move up to a stronger formulation.