Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justlikethis

Derm says time is the only solution

Hi ! I saw my derm last week and I asked her for 1 third times if there something I can do to make my red marks fade away faster or something I can put on to help. She told me that nothing can help red marks and I just have to be patient about it....

Well, I think she's right in a sense 'cause I see people here putting product on there face but I think it's just psychologic. What do you think about what she said?

yea, i kind of agree with her. i've tried alot of products, ACV, Dan'sAHA+, etc but they dont clear my red marks 100%. in time, i hope these red marks will disappear.

Yeah shes right unfortunately. Products can help promote the healing of redmarks but they wont make them go away entirely. Time heals

Ok, Well she said nothing can help red marks. Anyway I'm just waiting and trying to be patient !

Wait, did she say nothing will make redmarks go away completely or nothing will help improve redmarks because those are two totally different things

Time will definitely be the remedy 100% of the time. However, you can speed up the healing process through a variety of methods.

Hi ! I saw my derm last week and I asked her for 1 third times if there something I can do to make my red marks fade away faster or something I can put on to help. She told me that nothing can help red marks and I just have to be patient about it....

Well, I think she's right in a sense 'cause I see people here putting product on there face but I think it's just psychologic. What do you think about what she said?

Wow, she's way wrong. The eggwhite and lemon mask helped fade my red marks considerably in just 2 or 3 days. Mind you, it works best the first time and then not so much. Anyway, just spend 5 minutes in this forum and you'll find lot's of people that have found things that help fade their red marks. Best of luck to you!

Wow, she's way wrong. The eggwhite and lemon mask helped fade my red marks considerably in just 2 or 3 days. Mind you, it works best the first time and then not so much. Anyway, just spend 5 minutes in this forum and you'll find lot's of people that have found things that help fade their red marks. Best of luck to you!

if your marks faded in 2-3 days then most likely you don't have the same type or severity as the OP. many people's marks have hardly faded after months. also i wouldnt consider the derm's advice as way wrong, since its true.

Like it's been pointed out, time is the only thing that's going to fade your hyperpigmentation entirely, but there are some treatments that can help speed up the process to some extent.

I, personally, use extra virgin olive oil on my hyperpigmentation, and have found that my marks fade pretty significantly in the first week, as opposed to lingering in their bright pink way for weeks or months. After that, the effects of the olive oil seem to taper off, but by that point, the marks are much paler, and don't bother me nearly as much.

I'd much rather deal with pale pink marks than vibrant red marks.

It might be worth it to look through this forum a bit. Obviously, not every treatment option is going to work for every person, but there are a lot of good suggestions in here that have worked for a lot of people.

Good luck!

Guest missyjean130
Like it's been pointed out, time is the only thing that's going to fade your hyperpigmentation entirely, but there are some treatments that can help speed up the process to some extent.

I, personally, use extra virgin olive oil on my hyperpigmentation, and have found that my marks fade pretty significantly in the first week, as opposed to lingering in their bright pink way for weeks or months. After that, the effects of the olive oil seem to taper off, but by that point, the marks are much paler, and don't bother me nearly as much.

I'd much rather deal with pale pink marks than vibrant red marks.

It might be worth it to look through this forum a bit. Obviously, not every treatment option is going to work for every person, but there are a lot of good suggestions in here that have worked for a lot of people.

Good luck!

I agree 100%....different things help different people..you already know there's a bazillion ways to treat acne,so it's the same with people's red marks too! Everyone's skin is unique.

Time plays a great deal in the healing,I know.But I HAVE seen a speeded improvement with what I'm using now.

And I see the same "tapering off" with acv too...they faded real nicely but then stayed the same shade of light pink...which is a lot better and can be easily covered with my makeup now,nobody knows...it's my little secret :shhh:

Yeah time will do it. Depending on probably the severity no longer than a year which is short in retrospect. Umm, i've heard of smooth beam laser working for it but Maybe try Fraxel re"store. Idk really though. I understand they are broken capillaries from the acne lesion.

She said nothing could help... I put extra virgin oil sometime before bed... There's so much product I don't know where to start

Guest missyjean130
She said nothing could help... I put extra virgin oil sometime before bed... There's so much product I don't know where to start

I'd just pick one popular method...stickwith it for more than 4 months...if after that amount of time there's no improvement whatsoever,try something else. It's kind of the innie minnie game at first. BUT you might find a combo of things to work...exfoliating and collagen boosters are two things that I use that work together to solve the problem.

I know it's sometimes overwhelming and very frustrating...cos'you do still have to play the waiting game and there is so many options...

there are loads of things to help fade them!

i asked my derm about my red marks and she gave me Retin A gel to keep acne away and she said it would help fade my scars as well! im finding that its doing both jobs really well!

i also use lemon juice on my skin and asprin masks and now i have the acne under control im hoping all these things will fade my scars!

im also interested in trying ACV as its got such good reviews on here!

Guest missyjean130
time and vitamin c and it works for me..

Yeah vitamin C is a collagen booster AND helps whiten skin. I loves it.