Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Feria

Body acne since the age of 6

Is it normal? Has anyone else had body acne when they were young?

I've had some on my chest and legs from when I was 6 years old. I'm not even sure if it's acne myself, but they've always been the hard type of pus. Once in high school, I had acne one every part of my body.

It was only at the age of 20 (3 years ago) that I went to see a dermatologist and they just claimed it was acne. They game my antibiotics and a topical Tretinoin gel. Two years on antibiotics seemed to have helped a bit, but now that I'm off I'm back starting to break out as much as I did back in high school. The dermatologist simply told me to continue using the topical Tretinoin gel, which only makes my skin worse.

My main problem is the excessive oil my body produces, which may have been the same cause of this so-called acne when I was little. I get a thick layer of sebum just minutes after washing with water. Not sure which method to take, but I'll be trying out the bacne regimen and see what happens.

Hi ya

Not sure about 6 though I suppose its possible, i've had mine since i was about 14 and its been with me ever since.

Back acne has been my nemesis for so long now and I resent how its stopped me doing so many things. Sometimes though I do think it can be worse in your mind than it really is.

I tried so many things some seriously some some half heartedly but no cream or spray would ever work or was practical to use , the only thing that did help all be it temporarily was getting burn't it the sun a bit, but obviously this is no cure and dangerous to boot.

Finally though I started buying the products (for mild acne) off this site, and unbelievably they do seem to work ! I won't say its all gone, but 6 months down the line I now have the confidence to take my shirt off in public (though I should lose a stone really) and might actually sleep with a girl again ...if one will have me lol.

Hope things improve for you eat sensibly, and use the products on here it gives you a real chance to conquer this evil.

Andy

England

Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it. I actually bought myself a bottle of BP today. I'll look forward to any positive results. :)

I was lucky enough to have found a boyfriend who didn't care about my acne problems and love me for who I am. We're not together anymore due to conflicts of interests, but I'm sure someone else will come by and think the same. And I hope you find someone like that too!

I'm not sure what to do with my diet though. I've cut down diary and junk food for a month now but it seemed to have flared up my facial acne even more, if that's even possible. Maybe the sudden change caused my body to react differently? But I've been drinking lots of water recently, so maybe that will help a bit.

Have you tried the Head and Shoulders or Nizoral method yet? It seems unlikely to develop acne at such a young age- maybe it's folliculitis.

Acne since 6 sounds really young. Keratosis Pilaris sounds more likely. I've had KP since I was a toddler. It mostly appears on back of arms, but can show up just about anywhere. Mine started on arms & thighs. Since having my 3 children I now have it on my fore arms, shoulders, upper back, sides of trunk, front & back of legs. Kp will not respond to acne treatments even though it resembles acne. It is a heredity condition in which your body produces too much keratin and it builds up in the hair follicle. Go to keratosispilaris.org. You can get way more info and see some pics to compare to & determine whether or not you have it.

Accutane, I know from experience that the only way to deal with excessive oilly type acne would be going on accutane because it stops the oil in its tracks and once your done the treatment you wont have nearly as much oil being produced so please dont waste anymore time on antibiotics or antibiotic creams because you become resisant to them after a short time and then your acne goes back to normal.