Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

The truth

This article discusses the results of a study from 1988 of 30 people. I am sure there are hundreds of peer reviewed journal articles about retinoids since then with various research conclusions. A sample of 30 people is hardly conclusive of what risks do and don't exist with the use of retinoids.

I'm not saying retinoids are great and everyone should use them, I have no idea what risks exist with long term use, but this article is extremely misleading and if you are concerned about side effects of using retinoids you should look at the research directly.

That website looks extremely suspicious. There were a lot of accusations in that article. Tretinoin is one of the most-researched skin drugs out there. I know there's a post on here from Labgirl that explains Tretinoin in a lot of detail. This drug isn't new. There has been evidence of improvement.

I think the website title speaks for itself. What the doctors don't tell you....because it's not true.

Oh, it's true. I used it and it was awful. My skin was red and peeled the whole few years I was on it. It was so irritating.

Oh, it's true. I used it and it was awful. My skin was red and peeled the whole few years I was on it. It was so irritating.

Did you use it in moderation? You are supposed to put a pea size on your whole face. (I am assuming this is the inflicted area you speak of.) I, too, had extremely reddened and peeled face, but that is because I was not correctly applying the medicine. :whistle:

retina is very good...i used it over 2 years...didn't do THAT much for the acne itself but I think that me using it has made the scarring i have much less noticeable than if i didn't throw it on now and then.

and imo peoplewho just rub it all over there faces deserve what they get....have you smelt the stuff it smells like vodka haha

I love my retinoid. :D I am 41 and people assume I'm at least 10 years younger.

Retin A has worked really well for me at preventing black heads and clogged pores. I did break out when i first went on it. It took me a couple of weeks for things to settle down, but I haven't had problems since then (about 7 months).

As a bonus I notice that my skin tone looks more even when I apply retin a, it sort of acts like a concealer. I'm a guy, I don't use makeup, I'm not even sure what a concealer is, lol. I don't always use it during the day, but sometimes I do.