Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsrfgsertwe

anyone else's hair ALWAYS get cut too short?

i went in yesterday, and i must have said "*just* a trim please!" like five times and she took a good three inches off. i just wanted the dead ends snipped away. i mean it still looks good but i wanted long hair for the summer and now i have to wait like three months for it to grow back :( . i'll give her credit though, i was getting tired of my bangs because whenever i tried to wear a ponytail it looked like i had a bald spot on the outside of my bangs and she fixed that up.

oh- and they also always use water that's too hot whenh washing hair, but i actually think it's kinda relaxing :proud:

Me too! I l-o-v-e getting my hair washed before my hair cuts though, you're right it's really relaxing!

Being a hairdresser, yes I know there are some very cut-happy hairdressers out there. It's an unfortunate part of the industry. This is why I always make sure people first clarify what a trim means to them. For some, it's an inch. For others, it's 1/8th of an inch.

i've finally got my hair to a length i like it, so no trips to the hairdressers for me anytime soon.

I've cut my own hair since I was in junior high.... So I've gotten REALLY good at it. I haven't gone to a hairdresser in over 4 years I think. I've been growing it out and trimming it myself and I've saved myself a lotta $$!

i've finally got my hair to a length i like it, so no trips to the hairdressers for me anytime soon.

i was trying to just leave it alone and let it do its thing for a while but my hair is very thin and breaks easily so i need to get a haircut every 4-5 months so that it keeps growing healthy

I've cut my own hair since I was in junior high.... So I've gotten REALLY good at it. I haven't gone to a hairdresser in over 4 years I think. I've been growing it out and trimming it myself and I've saved myself a lotta $$!

i have absolutely no coordination, i'd definitely mess up haha

and another thing- i think she ripped me off! i always wash & blow dry my hair right before i go so i can save a few bucks because she's expensive, i've been going to her for three years now doing this almost every time and it's never been a problem. she justs wets it with a spray bottle and does her thing. yesterday she INSISTED that i get my hair washed, and i'm pretty sure it was just because she was going over time with a girl who was getting her hair done for prom & wanted to keep me occupied so maybe i wouldn't notice. i was still waiting for over 10 minutes with soaking wet hair for her to finish. i really wouldn't have cared, the girl's hair looked amazing and it was a really special night for her and i understand it had to look perfect. on top of that she then CHARGED me for the wash :wall: . i've been going to her for years now though and she was the first haircutter i've actually ever trusted so i think i'll just chalk it up to her having a bad day and give her another chance next time around.

Yes! My hair got cut shorter than i wanted. Now i have to wait like 1 more month for it to grow to the length i originally wanted!

^ Hey i saw your thread, I think your hair tlooks good. =S

Anyway, yeah hairdressers do tend to cut more than you want them too :( I love my long hair but when I went for a trim last time he cut a bit too much and now I have to grow it again ¬.¬

I needed it thought coz my ends were too dead.

I just got a haircut yesterday and that happened to me too. Everything makes me furious these days. It's a horrible cut, and now I have to wait til it grows back. :/

OH, this definitely happens to me. My hair stylist is busy, so i wonder if sometimes because she's so busy that she doesn't take her time....i don't hold it against her because she's busy, but when the hair gets cut weird. it looks awful

i went in yesterday, and i must have said "*just* a trim please!" like five times and she took a good three inches off. i just wanted the dead ends snipped away. i mean it still looks good but i wanted long hair for the summer and now i have to wait like three months for it to grow back :( . i'll give her credit though, i was getting tired of my bangs because whenever i tried to wear a ponytail it looked like i had a bald spot on the outside of my bangs and she fixed that up.

oh- and they also always use water that's too hot whenh washing hair, but i actually think it's kinda relaxing :proud:

That sucks! Youre probably still pretty though regardless :)

Im following you on twitter now if you dont mind. I need more twitter friends

My lil'sis had shoulder-length hair and no fringe, went in for a 'trim' and now has chin length hair and a fringe!

I have long hair so I'm always really specific about a trim and say 'as little as possible' thankfully the hairdresser I go to knows me.

I got my hair cut really short today, the shortest Ive had since about the age of nine lol I really love it though! I think it looks fantastic!

My problem is the opposite: Stylists always seem to leave my hair longer than I want it.

I've asked them to keep going, but they insist that it'll look right after it dries, but it always comes out longer than I'd wanted. It sucks, because my hair grows pretty quickly, and tends to lose it's shape...

My problem is the opposite: Stylists always seem to leave my hair longer than I want it.

I've asked them to keep going, but they insist that it'll look right after it dries, but it always comes out longer than I'd wanted. It sucks, because my hair grows pretty quickly, and tends to lose it's shape...

Yes that is what usually happens to me too except for today when she cut it exactly where I wanted it

I'm envious of your skills. I've been checking out Faye's Method for about a year now trying to get up the courage. Too chicken so far. :blush: