Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yuminator

tea tree oil with benzoyl peroxide.

right now im on dans regimen. i stoped for like 2 days but im on it again. been on for almost 2 months now. and my neck acne is almost healed.

i was wondering if its ok to use tea tree oil with this.

what i do is first wash my face. then any pimple that i popped or seems like it is growing, i apply some tea tree oil on it. then a few minutes later apply benzoyl peroxide..

will the tea tree oil interrupt the healing process of the benoyl peroxide.?

I've mixed both before and had fine results. Teatree oil is an antiseptic. However, both can be very drying to the skin which aggrivates it and can result in more oil production and more pimples so make sure to moisturize well.

I am currently experimenting with a very thin layer of Dan's BP and I also use tea tree oil, my skin started getting dry again so I started massaging jojoba oil into my skin and while I was massaging the jojoba oil all these flakes would literally slough off my skin. So use both and if your skin starts to get really dry then don't use the tea tree oil everyday and use the jojoba oil to moisturize if you have some.