Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexmason14

Little bumps on forehead

Hi,

Well im all clear, but still have some small pimple like bumps on my forehead, they aren't whiteheads and don't hurt upon touching them but they are annoying me. I'll upload a picture and could you fellow forum members tell me what they are and how to get rid of them?

Also i ditched the BP as i decided to go natural turning to buying a Beautyskin acne lamp which is working wonderfully on my skin. (been using for 2 1/2 weeks and the bumps have been there since i first started getting acne, years ago)

Altered the picture for a better look at the bumps.

Please advise :)

I also get these on the sides of my chin. They are not as many as the picture that Akko posted but they are really annoying and look so much worse under certain lighting.

Probably closed comedones.

Thread moved to Noninflamed forum .... check out pinned posts at the top ....

Folliculitis and closed comedones (noninflamed acne) often look very similar. I had what I thought were whiteheads on my chest, but it turned out to be fungal folliculitis.

Are the bumps hard or soft? Do they contain any fluid or tiny amounts of pus? Are they pretty much all the same size?

With either problem, mandelic acid should really help a lot. So does physical exfoliation of the skin with a gentle cleansing scrub or with a clean washcloth, facial brush, or soft toothbrush.

That was kind of what I had, they were skin colored bumps on my forehead that were just.. there. I never really cared about them so much, but after I had switched my face cleanser, I noticed they had vanished. The key is to exfoliate every day. Don't hope for overnight results, but after a week your forehead starts to smooth out. A month later your smooth as a baby's butt. Which is a weird reference now that I think about it but you know what I mean :).

Hope this helped!

XOXO

Nicki

I usually just leave them alone as in sunlight they don't look that bad, but still its there. They do harbor a tiny amount of puss the odd time i have succeeded in extracting one of them, so is it closed comedones or Folliculitis? as if its the first i'm sure it will just clear up like my other acne did using the light lamp. Also heard that antibiotics could cause the Folliculitis, i have in the past used Bactrim for around 4/5 months, could that of caused it? Also they are soft not hard.

Alex

I usually just leave them alone as in sunlight they don't look that bad, but still its there. They do harbor a tiny amount of puss the odd time i have succeeded in extracting one of them, so is it closed comedones or Folliculitis? as if its the first i'm sure it will just clear up like my other acne did using the light lamp. Also heard that antibiotics could cause the Folliculitis, i have in the past used Bactrim for around 4/5 months, could that of caused it? Also they are soft not hard.

Alex

If they only contain a little bit of pus, but no solid, hard core inside - then it could very well be folliculitis. If they do have solid cores, you might be dealing with closed comedones.

Also, I don't know if the lamp will help closed comedones that much. Don't those lamps have mostly an antibacterial effect? There isn't much bacterial involvement with closed comedones. Chemical and physical exfoliation is your best bet for dealing with those.

If its folliculitis, exfoliation will also help - but you'll probably need to do more than that to get it under control. It tends to be really stubborn.