Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KimKard

red mark that was left after a pimple that has hardly faded. I NEED YOUR GUY'S HELP PLEASE!!!!!

ALRIGHT SOO IN NOVEMBER OR OCTOBER.. MY STUPID ASS SEES A SMALL BUMP BELOW MY TEMPLE AREA .. I GO TO SQUEEZE IT THINKIN SOMETHING WOULD COME OUT BUT NOTHING CAME OUT.. AND WELL I THINK I RUPTURED THE INSIDE OF THE SKIN.. CREATING A BRUISE OR SOMETHING.. I THOUGHT IT WOULD GO AWAY CUZ MOST RED MARKS DO GO AWAY...

IT IS MAY OF 2009 AND MY SKIN IS MOSTLY NORMAL OLIVE SKIN(LIGHT BROWNISH) BUT YOU CAN STILL NOTICE THIS UGLY ASS RED MARK THAT STANDS OUT( TO MEE)!!!.. IVE LOOKED CLOSELY IN THE MIRROR AND IT LOOKS LIKE A REDMARK/SCAR..

BUT ANYWAYS I WENT TO MY DERMATOLGIST AND SHE TOOK LIKE A LENS TO SEE IF IT WAS INTERFERRING WITH A BLOOD VESSEL OR SOMETHING AND SHE SAID THTA IT WASNT. SHE SAID SHE WAS REALLY CONFIDENT THAT IT WOULD FADE AWAY ON ITS OWN AND TOLD ME TO APPLY RETIN A . LIKE A LIL LI SPEC( SINCE A PEA SIZE IS USED FOR YOUR WHOLE FACE) SHE SAID TO COME BACK IN NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER AND SEE HOW THINGS GO.. I ASLO APPLY SUNSCREEN ON IT BEORE I GO OUT EVERY MORNING....

SHE TOLD ME IF ALL ELSE FAILS SHE CAN PUNCH IT OUT AND STITCH IT AND ID BE LEFT WITH A SMALL LINE SCAR...

I TRIED GOING ON YOUTUBE, TRIED LOOKING FOR PICTURES I WISH I KNEW MORE ABOUT THIS PROCEDURE AND HOW THE " LINE" SCAR WOULD LOOK AND IF ITS WORTH IT.. I REALLY NEED SOME FEEDBACK..THANK YOU!!!

ANY PICTURES ON THIS PROCEDURE OR VIDEOS.. SHOWING VISUAL PICS IS WHAT I NEED

IM SORRY FOR THE LONG POST THIS IS MY FIRST POST .. IT IS THE MOST DEPRESSING THINGS FOR ME I DONT KNOW WHY :|

Hey there... I don't think you need to post in all caps. :confused: About the red mark, I think in the long run you'd better just let it fade because scars are (for the most part) permanent, but if it's really bugging you that much I say get the derm to do her thing. The scar can't be much bigger than the actual mark, to give you an idea of how large a scar it would leave. To be honest the scar probably wouldn't even be noticeable to anyone but you. Good luck!

Just continue applying the Retin-A to the mark. That is also what I was prescribed for my red marks.

Did you make a follow-up appointment? If you are consistent with the application of the Retin-A to the red mark and it is still there next time you see the dermatologist, then that would be the time to consider the surgery procedure.

Hey there... I don't think you need to post in all caps. :confused: About the red mark, I think in the long run you'd better just let it fade because scars are (for the most part) permanent, but if it's really bugging you that much I say get the derm to do her thing. The scar can't be much bigger than the actual mark, to give you an idea of how large a scar it would leave. To be honest the scar probably wouldn't even be noticeable to anyone but you. Good luck!

thanks man and sorry for the caps :rolleyes: i was really pissed last night

Just continue applying the Retin-A to the mark. That is also what I was prescribed for my red marks.

Did you make a follow-up appointment? If you are consistent with the application of the Retin-A to the red mark and it is still there next time you see the dermatologist, then that would be the time to consider the surgery procedure.

thank you 4 your advice man

I find it weird that your derm would actually give you the option to get a scar in replacement of your red mark. Even thoough i dont see any pics i would never trade in a mark that WILL fade later then a scar that WILL be there forever

I find it weird that your derm would actually give you the option to get a scar in replacement of your red mark. Even thoough i dont see any pics i would never trade in a mark that WILL fade later then a scar that WILL be there forever

well i dont think this is an ordinary red mark.. its more like a permanent mark or atleast it feels like it .. i hope to God it does fade but its soo stubborn and it stands out and im getting to the point where iw ould rather havea small thing " line scar" t hen have this red dot next to my sideburn .. and ma skin is brown so it kinda stands out .