Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikgwolf

The best part is...

...I get to take this medication with food! Previously, I was on a tetracycline dose twice a day and I was forced to fast a whole two hours before I took the medicine and an additional hour after. With the accutane I'm supposed to take the pill with food. You can't really appreciate the convenience until you actually try to fast for three hours twice a day during your busy school schedule and extracurricular activities.

Anyways, enough of my rant. On to the rant you obviously came to read about: I am an 18 year old male, suffering from nodular cysts on my face and I have been prescribed with a 40 mg. accutane prescription. I officially started last night and I am about to take my second dose as we speak. Today, I didn't really feel any of the side effects, nor have I seen any dramatic results. (nor do I expect to) I will probably have more information (and pictures!) in about a week.

For those of you who are starting your accutane journey, best of luck. For every one else...best of luck.

Nik

Interesting, I was on tetracycline for 2.5 months and I was told to just take it in the morning! But not with additional Iron or Zinc vitamins, and to avoid milk (kinda annoying in the morning as you can imagine).

Fasting for 3 hours twice a day however sounds like a huge pain the ass and probably pretty unnecessary!

Good luck to ya, although i'm sure you won't need it =]

Day (Night) #3

Because I take my pills after dinner I think I will refer to my progress by nights. So technically, I am on the third night of my log. Sorry for those who are actually reading this, I left out the exciting conclusion of last night's episode. There was none. It was, however, my first full day on the medication. I noticed no real side effects. I thought I might of had nausea, but I dismissed it for the actual hunger I felt in my stomach. I also thought I had a headache, but that might have been paranoia.

Today I thought that my cysts have been receding, although my skin is oily as usual. No chapped lips yet, although I am using chapstick on a regular basis now.

More later...I'll try for more pictures tomorrow!

Nik

Day 4/Night 5

I woke up with an awful sore throat this morning. I don't think it's a side effect though. I also think that I am going through the phase where things get worse before they get better. (I'm posting pictures, judge for yourself) I didn't realize that you can create a gallery. I'll probably set one up so that I can keep all the photos together in one place.

Nik

Day 7/Night 8

So besides my awful cold, the effect of chapped lips are kicking in.

That's all for now, need sleep.

Nik