Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doodah

how long before improvements?

i've been on isotretinoin for about a month and a half - first month was 40mg daily, this second is 60mg. my acne if anything has gotten even worse, i have 4 huge pimples on the right side of my face alone, and it doesn't look like they're going anywhere. so i'm wondering, how long has it personally been for you before you started seeing improvements? i know i should wait a bit longer, but i'm just getting really discouraged

Hey doodah,

I am in the same boat as you. Started on 40mg isotretinoin a day first month, month 2+3 been on 60mg a day. I am now 3 and half months in to my treatment and still breaking out, not as bad as at the beginning of my treatment but I have not gone through a clear period yet.

Everybody reacts to the drug differently though so keep your chin up!

Danny

Honestly, it might take a while to work, but in the vast majority of cases, the drug pulls through. I would give it another month or so before you start freaking out. You just need to be patient.

I'm in the same exact situation too. same dose and 1 and a half months into it. Mine got horribly bad right in the beggining so my doctor put me on prednison 20 mg a day. It worked perfectly. It worked as soon as i took it. Five days later I was clear. I would still be breaking out bad though if not for the prednisone. I can't just sit around and wait for the accutane to work everyday. I just pretend I'm not even taking it, that way I won't be so anxious. That will be a great day though when it starts to work. Good luck, I'm positive that it will.

my friend takes accutane, and i think she's in her 4th month already.. and her skin is clear! im so jealous! i want to take accutne too. but y dermatologist still wont prescribe me with it despite my numerous zits and unending breakouts! im seeking a new derma if her stuff still wont work!

Keep your hopes up, Accutane isn't meant to clear you while your on your course, its just lucky that you do, most people start to clear up after there course has finished. It varies on what type of acne you have and how severe it is.

i got results as soon as 2 months in.

but everyones skin is different, so dont worry to much about it.

it helps mostly everyone out in the end.