Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I decided to keep my progress on file while on Tretinoin. My acne is probably mild/moderate right now. It's not too bad, but I've dealt with it for a while and am beginning to get really annoyed. I was previously put on Benzaclin about a year ago which worked wonderfully, but I went off to college and didn't really have access to it, so I just stuck with over the counter stuff like Clean and Clear. Surprisingly, that kept my acne at bay until February of this year. I'm not quite sure why, but my acne started to flare up, maybe even worse than last year when I started Benzaclin. Anyway, I'm really nervous about this cream because while I've heard/read a lot of success stories, there are also some not so successful stories, and that has me a little worried. I guess I'll just have to see for myself.

The dermatologist I saw prescribed me to Tretinoin Cream .025% and 100mg of Minocycline twice a day. I've actually been on the Minocycline for 2 days and last night was my first application of Tretinoin, so I haven't seen anything so far haha. Actually, I did notice a little tingling sensation on my face. Anyways, I've decided to start out with putting the Tretinoin on every other night so I'm gonna skip the application tonight.

Day 1: Nothing really LOL.

Maybe I'll have something more exciting for y'all tomorrow or Sunday. Anyways, here's my regimen

Morning:

Wash with OTC Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (Clean and Clear)

Cetaphil SPF 15 Moisturizer

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I also have some Glycolic acid spot treatment I use sometimes, should I continue using this while on the retin-a and everything else? Do Y'all think it would be too much stuff on my face? lol

Night:

Wash with Neutrogena Purpose Cleanser

wait 30 min. and apply Tretinoin .025 cream

ByeBye!