Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avantha

What I don't eat. But what else shouldn't I?

Two weeks ago, I agreed to go on a diet. It wasn't a big diet, just my regular diet without some things.

Well, I broke it today when I was really hungry. So I'm starting again. Basically, I completely omit chips and soda in my diet.

This will probably not do anything to my acne, I wouldn't know. I just did it because I was starting to depend on soda for everything.

But does soda or chips affect acne?

If not, what shouldn't I eat?

And what should I?

I used to eat lots of chips and drink lots of soda. Well, I stopped doing that, and my face is clearing up. My acne isn't severe anymore. Well, I still do eat chips and still do drink soda but not frequently anymore. I only eat chips and drink soda if I'm at a party for example (like the Super Bowl). If you're hungry, you gotta eat. It's better than eating absolutely nothing.

Well, regarding on what to eat, it's real simple. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. For proteins, peanuts, cashews, fish, tofu and chicken are great. for carbs, rice and pasta are awesome. And of course, drink plenty of water. sports drinks are also good.

I used to eat lots of chips and drink lots of soda. Well, I stopped doing that, and my face is clearing up. My acne isn't severe anymore. Well, I still do eat chips and still do drink soda but not frequently anymore. I only eat chips and drink soda if I'm at a party for example (like the Super Bowl). If you're hungry, you gotta eat. It's better than eating absolutely nothing.

Well, regarding on what to eat, it's real simple. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. For proteins, peanuts, cashews, fish, tofu and chicken are great. for carbs, rice and pasta are awesome. And of course, drink plenty of water. sports drinks are also good.

Thanks for the info, you've helped me =]

All natural peanut butter is better.

I would replace it to almond butter raw!

If I were you, I would get the fats from extra virgin olive oil and avocados.

Don't eat the peanuts! Stay away from foods that are high in androgen hormones and iodides. For a list of those foods, go here and here.

According to that first link, broccoli and asparagus are no-no's :rolleyes:

Don't eat the peanuts! Stay away from foods that are high in androgen hormones and iodides. For a list of those foods, go here and here.

lol, really?!? I didn't check out the links. I'm just open to other people's opinions. For me, I eat peanuts and I don't notice getting any break outs.

lol, really?!? I didn't check out the links. I'm just open to other people's opinions. For me, I eat peanuts and I don't notice getting any break outs.

What I tell people is that you can have asparagus and broccoli - just don't have them everyday. These are guidelines, not super-strict rules.

I've had some of my clients get off of peanut butter and it made a huge difference in their skin.